• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Has anybody ever shot up liquid oral solution methadone ?

Has anybody iv'ed their liquid methadone solution ? If so, could you tell me your experience, thank you !
I reckon all methadone clients have, well almost cause I never did. I am too frugal to inject an oral formulation. Its like utting 2 bags of heroin in a soda to get high, but they still try.

I reckon all methadone clients have, well almost cause I never did. I am too frugal to inject an oral formulation. Its like utting 2 bags of heroin in a soda to get high, but they still try.

Where I live they try very hard to make it difficult or at least very dangerous to IV methadone. All takeaways are required to be diluted to try and prevent you doing things like that or selling them.

When I injected methadone I lived in a different state, where they didn't do that and I knew people I could buy undiluted methadone from. :p

I guess my dads lucky to still be on iv form of methadone (hes 62) and on like 170mg iv injection a day.

If i could give some advice. Is work to getting off opiates. Its not the life you want to live.

I wouldnt ever reccomend shooting any oral solution. But as others have said if you must then make sure you make the right precautions ie: micron filter.

What actually is it that gives it the look of green/red/orange syrup btw? Always wondered this?

A .2 micron filter can remove bacteria from the solution. Oral solutions are far from sterile, and this stuff is going straight into the circulatory system.

I didn't use a micron filter at first either and was fine. But its poor practice to inject unfiltered solutions. Anything that isn't from an ampule should always be run through a micron filter.
A .2 micron filter can remove bacteria from the solution. Oral solutions are far from sterile, and this stuff is going straight into the circulatory system.

I didn't use a micron filter at first either and was fine. But its poor practice to inject unfiltered solutions. Anything that isn't from an ampule should always be run through a micron filter.
Err ,in the drug world im from thats not possible, i use to regularly shoot with whatever was on hand water bottles, cookers, cigarette butts off the street was my normal filtering method , i never gave bacteria a second thought and was only concerned with not clogging my set up

Err ,in the drug world im from thats not possible, i use to regularly shoot with whatever was on hand water bottles, cookers, cigarette butts off the street was my normal filtering method , i never gave bacteria a second thought and was only concerned with not clogging my set up

I'm a little cautious about saying this, cause I recognize my experiences shouldn't be assumed to be reflective of everybodies, so, I'll just preface this by saying maybe I'm talking out of my ass here.

But... That really sounds needlessly reckless.

I get it, at least partly, when I was using heroin homeless every day I took a million risks and didn't really worry about it. But cigarette butts off the street?

Cigarette filters are shitty filters even from a junkie standpoint, since they seem to stay noticeably wet even after you draw up. And cotton is so cheap and widely available. I just can't see why you'd ever "need" to use discarded cigarettes as a filter.

I can see giving so little of a shit that you take stupid risks, I used to do that too, but again, cigarette filters are shitty.

It sounds like intentional self destruction.

We (me and my BF at the time) used to reuse needles probably a hundred times because we just weren't willing to take the time to get more. But we'd still get new ones on occasion.

I get not using micron filters, I never used them either and I'd agree in many more severe addictions it's probably not very realistic. But even we could get cotton, it is available all over the place, costs almost nothing (assuming you don't just steal it) and you need so little of it per shot.

I dunno, I'm not looking to judge you man, maybe I'm missing something here. It just sounds needlessly self destructive. I know this lifestyle involves taking a lot of risks, but they will eventually catch up with you so even tiny things to make it a little safer can make a difference. :(

Maybe your circumstances were different to mine, but it sounds more like apathetic self destruction to me. Again that's not intended as a judgement, I used to refilter shots to remove my own coagulated blood to then retry shooting them cause I'd missed after registering, I know addiction can make you do suicidally dangerous things.

Last edited:
I'm a little cautious about saying this, cause I recognize my experiences shouldn't be assumed to be reflective of everybodies, so, I'll just preface this by saying maybe I'm talking out of my ass here.

But... That really sounds needlessly reckless.

I get it, at least partly, when I was using heroin homeless every day I took a million risks and didn't really worry about it. But cigarette butts off the street?

Cigarette filters are shitty filters even from a junkie standpoint, since they seem to stay noticeably wet even after you draw up. And cotton is so cheap and widely available. I just can't see why you'd ever "need" to use discarded cigarettes as a filter.

I can see giving so little of a shit that you take stupid risks, I used to do that too, but again, cigarette filters are shitty.

It sounds like intentional self destruction.

We (me and my BF at the time) used to reuse needles probably a hundred times because we just weren't willing to take the time to get more. But we'd still get new ones on occasion.

I get not using micron filters, I never used them either and I'd agree in many more severe addictions it's probably not very realistic. But even we could get cotton, it is available all over the place, costs almost nothing (assuming you don't just steal it) and you need so little of it per shot.

I dunno, I'm not looking to judge you man, maybe I'm missing something here. It just sounds needlessly self destructive. I know this lifestyle involves taking a lot of risks, but they will eventually catch up with you so even tiny things to make it a little safer can make a difference. :(

Maybe your circumstances were different to mine, but it sounds more like apathetic self destruction to me. Again that's not intended as a judgement, I used to refilter shots to remove my own coagulated blood to then retry shooting them cause I'd missed after registering, I know addiction can make you do suicidally dangerous things.
I understand you not getting it but thats where i was at , it was just a way of doing things, i use to visit shooting galleries in nyc cause i needed a place to get off it doesnt mean i use to use the house rigs , cigarette butts is how i learned and i just stuck with it, water wiuld often be substituted for any liquid that was on hand soft drink, beer , or a discarded water bottle.

i got cotton fever a bunch of times from dirty cookers and hep c but considering now how careless i was lucky i didnt get the virus .....

I understand you not getting it but thats where i was at , it was just a way of doing things, i use to visit shooting galleries in nyc cause i needed a place to get off it doesnt mean i use to use the house rigs , cigarette butts is how i learned and i just stuck with it, water wiuld often be substituted for any liquid that was on hand soft drink, beer , or a discarded water bottle.

i got cotton fever a bunch of times from dirty cookers and hep c but considering now how careless i was lucky i didnt get the virus .....

Well, it's your life, and your risks to take.

For what it's worth I think it's highly likely your have got hep c regardless. Most people who IV drugs and use with other people will. When things get bad enough you do tend to stop having safety as a high priority.

I got it and was cured of it a few years later.

While I'm not sure I entirely understand it, I guess I don't have too, I hope you'll consider different technique if you ever end up in that situation again. :(

Personally I find it a little odd that you would use shooting galleries while taking all these other risks. We generally just used tap water and had our shots either in a secluded public area or a public bathroom.

There weren't any supervised injecting areas near us and we weren't willing to take the time to go to one, plus, you want somewhere nice and quiet to enjoy your shot.

I kinda get it, my ex did some dangerous shit too out of pure habit but no actual need. Still, given how widely available water and cotton is in the developed world, we pretty much always used that. Our problem was mainly reusing needles so many times with only minimal cleaning. As well as some bad habits when we'd mix up a shot as a group with maybe 1 or 2 other people.

Well, it's your life, and your risks to take.

For what it's worth I think it's highly likely your have got hep c regardless. Most people who IV drugs and use with other people will. When things get bad enough you do tend to stop having safety as a high priority.

I got it and was cured of it a few years later.

While I'm not sure I entirely understand it, I guess I don't have too, I hope you'll consider different technique if you ever end up in that situation again. :(

Personally I find it a little odd that you would use shooting galleries while taking all these other risks. We generally just used tap water and had our shots either in a secluded public area or a public bathroom.

There weren't any supervised injecting areas near us and we weren't willing to take the time to go to one, plus, you want somewhere nice and quiet to enjoy your shot.

I kinda get it, my ex did some dangerous shit too out of pure habit but no actual need. Still, given how widely available water and cotton is in the developed world, we pretty much always used that. Our problem was mainly reusing needles so many times with only minimal cleaning. As well as some bad habits when we'd mix up a shot as a group with maybe 1 or 2 other people.
I havent used coke or heroin since 2009 and until about two years ago I was completely sober off everything but I relapsed on Xanax and tramadol which I recently stopped , so it’s just weed for me now ,

I heard this in one of the countless detox’s I went to, all them things that we say “ we’ll never do” for drugs we end up doing , it’s just the way this works. I think we all reach a point of hopelessness while using where the Only thing that matters is getting the drugs in our system regardless of the consequences. At least for me that’s all that mattered.

I havent used coke or heroin since 2009 and until about two years ago I was completely sober off everything but I relapsed on Xanax and tramadol which I recently stopped , so it’s just weed for me now ,

I heard this in one of the countless detox’s I went to, all them things that we say “ we’ll never do” for drugs we end up doing , it’s just the way this works. I think we all reach a point of hopelessness while using where the Only thing that matters is getting the drugs in our system regardless of the consequences. At least for me that’s all that mattered.

I get that. The part I don't get is doing dangerous things when there's a safer alternative that costs.. Pretty much nothing. Water is available everywhere, there are public bathrooms everywhere, you can probably steal a few months supply of cotton and keep it with you assuming you don't get it for free when the arises.

That's the part I don't get. I get needle sharing when you don't have your own and need your shot now, I get doing stupidly dangerous stuff to have your shot rather than be sick.

I don't get looking around for cigarette butts or discarded liquid rather than just having that stuff with you ready to go. At least most of the time.

Especially when cigarette filters seem wasteful, the way they stay wet unlike cotton triggers my junkie no waste instinct.

But eh, I don't have to get it. Congrats on stopping, that's what matters. :) <3

Yeah this invites horrible things like death, loss of limbs, heart and lung damage.

I also did not use micron filters for much of my IV use but when they became more readily available I started. Now they are even more readily available so I recommend that they are used for anything that is injected. I myself have not injected in many years fortunately.

I've injected straight unfiltered oral methadone solution. Here in the US it is more concentrated than in other countries but my dose was so high that I still had to inject a huge amount of liquid. Very painful.

Do not do this even with micron filters. You'll do damage, maybe very severe.
If done regularly you'll end up fucked and not in a good way!
If you want more out of your methadone eat a whole whit grapefruit an hour before dosing. Then 10 mins before dosing take some anti acids like tums or Rennie's. I also like to add cyclizine (easily available online without prescription (NEVER IV IT THO!) and a cod liver oil capsule as fat increases absorption, or failing that a tablespoon of olive oil.
After I have my meth I have. Hot drink like tea or coffee as this also makes it kick in faster.
Your meth will hit you way harder, sometimes twibe harder and your circulatory system will massive thank you!!!

Yeah i used to do it for a bit. It didn't have much of a rush but it was overall somewhat stronger than taking it orally.

Yet it really isnt much stronger and burns like hell and is very hard on the veins.

Interestingly when i was in the hospital after shattering my ankle and needed surgery they gave me 1.5x my normal 380mg oral methadone dose intravenously on the advice of my clinic because i was in extreme pain. That is 570mg of methadone intravenously with ativan (though i was already benzodiazepine dependent). The pain went away and I got high as hell. I almost told them that they were giving me too much methadone because i noticed myself nodding out too hard and having labored breathing. I even felt nauseous (which I have never really gotten from methadone). Actually felt pretty unsafe but also amazing so I said nothing. Problem was when i finally went home and went back on my 380mg oral dose it did nothing for my pain and i was in terrible pain. I was essentially in methadone withdrawal with a fresh giant incision and a newly implant metal bracket in my ankle connect by a bunch of giant screws.

The hospital IV methadone was much better than injecting the oral solution. It actually did have a rush due to how concentrated the solution was i suppose. I never got that kind of high/rush from injecting the oral solution. It felt maybe 1.25x stronger which isnt worth it considering the many risks associated with injecting oral solutions. If you are to do it (which again, don't) you must filter it through an micron filter.
If it was barely stronger or worth it then why did you go through all the hassle of injecting it then??

Do not do this even with micron filters. You'll do damage, maybe very severe.
If done regularly you'll end up fucked and not in a good way!
If you want more out of your methadone eat a whole whit grapefruit an hour before dosing. Then 10 mins before dosing take some anti acids like tums or Rennie's. I also like to add cyclizine (easily available online without prescription (NEVER IV IT THO!) and a cod liver oil capsule as fat increases absorption, or failing that a tablespoon of olive oil.
After I have my meth I have. Hot drink like tea or coffee as this also makes it kick in faster.
Your meth will hit you way harder, sometimes twibe harder and your circulatory system will massive thank you!!!
Rennie's seem to potentiate all opiates and get rid of heartburn allowing me to focus on my high and I second the hot drink about 5-10 mins after defo helps it kick in faster handy if your rattling dunno about the other stuff you seem to be an expert though mate

Rennie's seem to potentiate all opiates and get rid of heartburn allowing me to focus on my high and I second the hot drink about 5-10 mins after defo helps it kick in faster handy if your rattling dunno about the other stuff you seem to be an expert though mate
Ha cheers ganjcat. Sadly Ive been fucking with opaies so long I know a lot of little tricks that I probably shouldn't.
Depends on the opiate but if it's taken orally them a small fatty snack (like a half a bacon sandwich or even just a spoonful of peanut butter) half an hour before you dose increases absorption so gets you a little more high. The grapefruit juice (white is best) is also a big one for potentiating loads of stuff but especially opiates and benzos.

Morrisons do whole white grape fruits for 45p. Get on it. Doesn't work with smoking brown tho (I think??)

Actually @Ganjcat I've done a bit googling and it may be worth a shot. Just please go slow mate just incase. It might same you a bit money and grapefruit is well good for you!

I injected Heroin for about ten years. I rotated sites and was clean whenever it was physically possible. I had great veins and never took more than 30 seconds at most to make it work.

I ended up getting Methadone take-homes and had to inject it. I got a hold of some intravenous catheters and luer lock tubing with matching 60ml syringe.

I did this for about a week and ended up destroying 75% of my veins in that period of time. It burned like a motgerfucker but I didn't care at the time. It wouldn't have been worth it if it were twice as potent.

I'm with negrogesic here. Its maybe 20% stronger at most. Nothing to write home about.

I feel great on methadone, a true functional opioid (for high you are). Try and see how functional a person is taking 5 grams of morphine. Destroyed my musical ability though its poison. Felt really happy go lucky on it. My appetite and sleep were great, i enjoyed watching TV like the average jerk-off. I felt normal. Glad i got off though. Its no way to live (although it was pretty acceptable, i miss it sometimes, i mean why go through life in discomfort but thats a large question that has equally good points in either direction).
I'm going through s similar dilemma. I don't wanna be on it for much longer but it do hard when you feel so fortified by it.
Its called Junky Logic 🤯
Ha yeah same logic I had smoking subutex pill on foil like no3 h. It just frazzled...