• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Has anybody ever shot up liquid oral solution methadone ?

Jowieseff

Bluelighter
Has anybody iv'ed their liquid methadone solution ? If so, could you tell me your experience, thank you !

I have, once. My exbf used to do it from time to time too.

It's highly unimpressive. It's pretty much exactly like just taking it orally, only it takes effect faster. I don't remember there being much if any of a rush.

And it's very dangerous. If you do it you need to water it down because it's way too thick to inject the syrup as it. That too is risky though cause you don't wanna inject much water, it damages your red blood cells in large quantities.

My strong recommendation is that you don't do it. It's barely any better than drinking it, I only did it combined with heroin when I was very desperate. My BF admitted he only did it cause of needle fixation.

So yea. It's really bad for you and barely worth it.

But if you insist, I seem to recall my BF watering it down with about 30% of the volume of methadone? I don't really remember. If you can get em it'd probably be safer to use sterile saline for injection to dilute it rather than water.

Yeah i used to do it for a bit. It didn't have much of a rush but it was overall somewhat stronger than taking it orally.

Yet it really isnt much stronger and burns like hell and is very hard on the veins.

Interestingly when i was in the hospital after shattering my ankle and needed surgery they gave me 1.5x my normal 380mg oral methadone dose intravenously on the advice of my clinic because i was in extreme pain. That is 570mg of methadone intravenously with ativan (though i was already benzodiazepine dependent). The pain went away and I got high as hell. I almost told them that they were giving me too much methadone because i noticed myself nodding out too hard and having labored breathing. I even felt nauseous (which I have never really gotten from methadone). Actually felt pretty unsafe but also amazing so I said nothing. Problem was when i finally went home and went back on my 380mg oral dose it did nothing for my pain and i was in terrible pain. I was essentially in methadone withdrawal with a fresh giant incision and a newly implant metal bracket in my ankle connect by a bunch of giant screws.

The hospital IV methadone was much better than injecting the oral solution. It actually did have a rush due to how concentrated the solution was i suppose. I never got that kind of high/rush from injecting the oral solution. It felt maybe 1.25x stronger which isnt worth it considering the many risks associated with injecting oral solutions. If you are to do it (which again, don't) you must filter it through an micron filter.

I'm not sure what a micron filter is supposed to do?

Doesn't seem like there'd be small particles to remove. I mean by all means do it, or even better, don't iv methadone at all. But me and my BF didn't micron filter and we didn't die or get horrible infections, neither of us had the vein collapse.

But neither of us shot up methadone regularly. You can get away with doing a lot of very stupidly dangerous risks if you don't do them often. Or you might be one of those unlucky people who take a risk once and die from it, it happens sometimes.

But hey if there's some reason you should micron filter, I'm certainly happy to hear it. I'll be the first to admit I'm inexperienced with shooting methadone.

I'm not sure what a micron filter is supposed to do?

Doesn't seem like there'd be small particles to remove. I mean by all means do it, or even better, don't iv methadone at all. But me and my BF didn't micron filter and we didn't die or get horrible infections, neither of us had the vein collapse.

But neither of us shot up methadone regularly. You can get away with doing a lot of very stupidly dangerous risks if you don't do them often. Or you might be one of those unlucky people who take a risk once and die from it, it happens sometimes.

But hey if there's some reason you should micron filter, I'm certainly happy to hear it. I'll be the first to admit I'm inexperienced with shooting methadone.

A .2 micron filter can remove bacteria from the solution. Oral solutions are far from sterile, and this stuff is going straight into the circulatory system.

I didn't use a micron filter at first either and was fine. But its poor practice to inject unfiltered solutions. Anything that isn't from an ampule should always be run through a micron filter.

A .2 micron filter can remove bacteria from the solution. Oral solutions are far from sterile, and this stuff is going straight into the circulatory system.

Well, then it sounds like you're saying you should micron filter for the same reason you "should" micron filter anything you inject.

And that's true... It would be safer if you did that. It would be safer still if you never IV'ed anything. We all gotta decide how safe we are prepared to be.

But.. Being honest, I've had thousands and thousands of injections of street drugs mixed with tap water, none of which was remotely sterile, none of which was micron filtered. Didn't die, didn't get an infection, didn't get endocarditis.

To be absolutely clear here I am NOT saying anyone should take these risks. I knew a guy who lost his girlfriend, and their daughter lost their mother, when a bad shot gave her endocarditis. These are real risks, you can take them thousands of times and never have anything happen, or once and die from it.

All I'm advocating here is a clear assessment of the dangers. Micron filtering is definitely safer than not micron filtering of that's a realistic option, I think we can all agree on that.

I know I'm being a bit pedantic here. I just worry sometimes that if the dangers are repeatedly over emphasized, people stop listening to them and can't differentiate between different degrees of risk.

Yeah it is just a general practice that should be followed at all times given how severe the consequences can be of a bad shot. @Deru surely can attest as to why all solutions should be micron filters before injecting.

I didn't use them for most of my IV drug use. Towards the end I did however. Back when I used to inject drugs micron filters were not as easy to obtain. Now you can get them next day on Amazon. All shots should be micron filtered.

I would say don't do it. I've never injected Methadone but my understanding is there is no rush and not much more of a high than taking it orally.
Plus the task of making injecting a syrup solution somewhat safe seems like alot or work and still a decent amount of risk. It's not good to inject period but to inject a syrup... ugh.
In summary the extra work to inject a syrup when there is no rush and no extra high to gain seems not worth it at all.

It's not good to inject period but to inject a syrup... ugh.

That's exactly how I feel, ugh, the idea of shooting methadone just grosses me out so much. I dunno how to describe it, but like, that shit already tastes disgusting anyway, and it's really thick before it's diluted, I just hate the idea of that shit being injected into my veins.

I highly recommend just not doing it. Even when I've been soo sick I still wouldn't shoot methadone, not when it takes barely 20 minutes to start feeling better. Add in the time shooting it and you're only feeling better maybe 15 minutes sooner if you're sick by shooting it vs drinking it.

Just drink it.

I got so sick once after shooting that cherry syrup into a vein. It was odd because the first time I did it I did not get sick. It worked, but it just the same as oral. When I did it the next day I got something similar to cotton fever. I was shaking, freezing cold, sweating and nauseas for over 24 houts. Not sure it was related to shooting the red liquid but never did I do it again. There is no benefit and seems to hit exactly like oral.

BTW I went to a private methadone clinic when I was on maintenance one of the times and we had the option to get the biscuits or liquid. The clinic was owned by two brothers. One was a doctor. So he would prescribe benzo's or you just had to pay him a visit to switch from liquid to pill. I have had both and felt there was no difference between the two. I know some people think the liquid is underdosed. Not my experience. 30 years since my last MM stint though.

But.. Being honest, I've had thousands and thousands of injections of street drugs mixed with tap water, none of which was remotely sterile, none of which was micron filtered. Didn't die, didn't get an infection, didn't get endocarditis.

So did I and I was completely fine, too. Until the one time I wasn't. Statistics and probabilities are great, until you're the one person it happens to, at which point the numbers mean absolutely nothing. We're discussing a human being's life here, after all.

I know I'm being a bit pedantic here. I just worry sometimes that if the dangers are repeatedly over emphasized, people stop listening to them and can't differentiate between different degrees of risk.

I'm fairly certain these risks are not being over emphasized enough at times. Which, I understand there is a huge difference in the practicality of these topics and I'm not naive to that fact, but it's all about the implemention of various and multiple harm reduction methods to mitigate the risk as much as possible. If someone can be encouraged to use micron filters here, then they absolutely should do it, especially if they're going to IV regardless in my opinion.

So did I and I was completely fine, too. Until the one time I wasn't. Statistics and probabilities are great, until you're the one person it happens to, at which point the numbers mean absolutely nothing. We're discussing a human being's life here, after all.

I'm fairly certain these risks are not being over emphasized enough at times. Which, I understand there is a huge difference in the practicality of these topics and I'm not naive to that fact, but it's all about the implemention of various and multiple harm reduction methods to mitigate the risk as much as possible. If someone can be encouraged to use micron filters here, then they absolutely should do it, especially if they're going to IV regardless in my opinion.

Absolutely and I agree with everything you just said. The only thing I'm saying here is I get a little cautious when people say things like you "must" do x because otherwise.... Presumably something horrible will happen.

Like, what happens. If one day in desperation that person doesn't do x, and zilch happens? It'll be so easy to just write off the warning entirely.

It's a lot harder if you say, pretty much what you just said, that if you don't take these precautions you will probably be ok, you might be ok if you do it a bunch of times, but you do not want this to happen to you, and if you do it enough it the odds may one day catch up with you.

That's really all I was trying to say here, that it concerns me that if we don't phrase warnings right they become easier to ignore. And it becomes harder to differentiate risks that might be say, 1 in 10 vs 1 in 50,000. You can run afoul of either but the former is vastly more likely to happen sooner.

I'm fairly certain these risks are not being over emphasized enough at times.

Absolutely.

Because the potential consequences are so grave, micron filtration is mandatory for anything you inject into your body that has not been drawn from an ampule or vial. This is especially true these days, where micron filters are easily obtainable.

I have injected drugs filtered through cotton countless times. But to some degree I didn't know better and micron filters weren't so common. But towards the end I did begin using micron filters exclusively. To not do so is poor hygiene (and at no time is good hygiene so important as when you're cramming things into your circulatory system).

My cotton technique was quite good however. I would buy sterile cotton rolls and cram a wad of it into a 3cc syringe and tamp it down. Then i'd pour the drug mixture behind the wad and use the plunger to push it through. Sometimes i'd push it through multiple cottons on occasion (particularly if I was shooting pills). This is an ok alternative if you absolutely cant get micron filters. Pulling directly through a cotton ball in the spoon through the tip of a needle is not a good method.

Injecting drugs is horrible enough on its own; the solution might as well be as clean as you can get it.

To be clear, I'm totally on board with recommending that people be as safe as possible, and explaining how to be as safe as possible. I don't think anyone here is suggesting otherwise.

The only thing I'm recommending differently at all, is perhaps trying to be clearer how great the risks are. And not classifying everything as equally high risk or dangerous. That's all. <3

I shot the oral pink / purple methadone liquid for a long time -4 months ish. 140 mg a day in about 4 3 mL shots cut with 50% water a day.

I have a fat track mark from that in 3 areas, there’s no rush, but for some reason I felt it was more effective.

I wish I never started because I couldn’t stop.

I shot the oral pink / purple methadone liquid for a long time -4 months ish. 140 mg a day in about 4 3 mL shots cut with 50% water a day.

I have a fat track mark from that in 3 areas, there’s no rush, but for some reason I felt it was more effective.

I wish I never started because I couldn’t stop.

If you don't mind my asking, what country do you live in? I ask cause methadone brands tend to be quite geographically specific.

I saw this post right now and I wish to share my little experience with IV methadone syrup (... Damn SYRUP) in a concentration of 5mg/ml, the one I got from the clinic in Italy, luckily it's free all the therapy and if you done things right, clean urine, well... I sometimes use fentanyl patches chewed (12.5ug/h for a total of 2,1mg in the patch, be careful, don't fucking around with fentanyl, really, for medium tolerance person, let's say even if holds 100mg of morphine IV can be deadly either) and that doesn't appear on normal screening, they had to sent some random urine sample on another lab and this process is expensive for the state. So... Almost never they do that. I have the weekly therapy, I was on 160mg/die, but I wanna get rid of it and I'm tapering down, I'm at 85mg/die right now.

All that to let you know my tolerance etc... While I'm taper I'm used to chew one to two patches a day, the more I go down with methadone the more I feel the fent, it's strange cause I always took 1 or max 2 patches everyday for months, maybe the methadone is blocking less while tapering.
But that's another thing.

Tonight I binge on NEP (N-Ethyl-Penterone) a research Chem i sometimes took just for fun, i took a total of 280mg in a 5h time span (don't take my dosage for reference, I had a fast metabolism unfortunately and I had to use more, besides my therapy combo with clonazepam, seroquel (not psychotic, just for strong insomnia) and other things...

Even if Im a decade addict i used IV very rare, I used buprenorphine iv 3-4 times, heroin 3x (never again), and methadone for a total of 3 times with tonight.
I took 10mgs more this morning so I'm at 95mgs + 35mgs IV for the NEP crash which are 7ml of syrup (I hate IV those stuff, and the marks if I mess up something are horrible, I go out 3 times one time... Horrible marks for me) mixed with 13ml of 0.9%NaCl solution (our physiological solution, I'm also a nursing student....) I took an aspirin for headache due to high BP for the NEP, aspirin thin the blood (sorry for bad English) for quite some time, other than that I took 500mg for pain, not 50 or 75 like cardiophatics ppl.

I had my hand shaking, inject in left arm on the median basilic vein, I stayed Inside quite a bit cause I had to inject 20ml of solution with an iv push. Collapse a vein is no good so I took my time while breathing to calm me down, the hand was shaking too much but I did it. It's quite weird... I only iv 35mgs just to take the edge off, I didn't expect any rush, in fact it wasn't, but just to chill and stop clench my poor jaw and relax. Maybe I took too early cause I'm still clenchin but the crash is almost non existent. If I took a patch I didn't had any for next days so I thought "fuck it, I use all sterile stuff, ok I didn't had micron filter cause I'm not used to inject, but I dilute more than 50%, Infact i side the vein the liquid went easily, I prefer taking less methadone but dilute more.
I hope not to mess up something, the hole is clear, disinfected 100x, of course new needle (21 gauge) new siringe, sterile NaCl 0.9% (I heard sometime the word saline refer to this, in Italy saline is 1.8%NaCl,different story).

I hope everything goes well, I didn't had any issue for now, I'm not nodding but very calm.

Now that I tale my story, I don't wanna use it that way again, it's stupid. In my clinic most junkies (the hopeless unfortunately, and hardcore junkies inject PURE SYRUP, with a 20 or 50ml syringe and a 18-16g syringe. For me it's madness, it's almost a plague where the city I live... Heroin sucks it's heavily cutted multiple times with caustic and trash stuff (not fentanyl), shooting a gram doesn't do anything so most addict do this stuff... Ive done it knowing that is the last time, I'm losing interest in opiates, amd I wanna shot a last time this methadone, but really, it provoke a tons of damage doing it everyday, it smash the veins, some collapse and if your lucky without touch those the repair but scar tissue remain and those will be more hard and difficult for an iv access in caso of hospital need (not for this topic, generally speaking) it's damn syrup.

If you want a tip to use it differently, plug it. It's works. It come up fast (5-10min max) with a decent bioavaiability, but always lower than oral, it has almost 90%, orally takes a lot to come up but when it comes it lasts 24-36h of nodding (no tolerance, so stay low! Try 5mg and work up from there).

Well... I guess I go to bed, I hope my experience can help new people who search this topic, even if it's 6 months old, it can be always useful to someone.

Use your brain, start slow and search on site like this before do any stupid things.

Peace

S

I saw this post right now and I wish to share my little experience with IV methadone syrup (... Damn SYRUP) in a concentration of 5mg/ml, the one I got from the clinic in Italy, luckily it's free all the therapy and if you done things right, clean urine, well... I sometimes use fentanyl patches chewed (12.5ug/h for a total of 2,1mg in the patch, be careful, don't fucking around with fentanyl, really, for medium tolerance person, let's say even if holds 100mg of morphine IV can be deadly either) and that doesn't appear on normal screening, they had to sent some random urine sample on another lab and this process is expensive for the state. So... Almost never they do that. I have the weekly therapy, I was on 160mg/die, but I wanna get rid of it and I'm tapering down, I'm at 85mg/die right now.

All that to let you know my tolerance etc... While I'm taper I'm used to chew one to two patches a day, the more I go down with methadone the more I feel the fent, it's strange cause I always took 1 or max 2 patches everyday for months, maybe the methadone is blocking less while tapering.
But that's another thing.

Tonight I binge on NEP (N-Ethyl-Penterone) a research Chem i sometimes took just for fun, i took a total of 280mg in a 5h time span (don't take my dosage for reference, I had a fast metabolism unfortunately and I had to use more, besides my therapy combo with clonazepam, seroquel (not psychotic, just for strong insomnia) and other things...

Even if Im a decade addict i used IV very rare, I used buprenorphine iv 3-4 times, heroin 3x (never again), and methadone for a total of 3 times with tonight.
I took 10mgs more this morning so I'm at 95mgs + 35mgs IV for the NEP crash which are 7ml of syrup (I hate IV those stuff, and the marks if I mess up something are horrible, I go out 3 times one time... Horrible marks for me) mixed with 13ml of 0.9%NaCl solution (our physiological solution, I'm also a nursing student....) I took an aspirin for headache due to high BP for the NEP, aspirin thin the blood (sorry for bad English) for quite some time, other than that I took 500mg for pain, not 50 or 75 like cardiophatics ppl.

I had my hand shaking, inject in left arm on the median basilic vein, I stayed Inside quite a bit cause I had to inject 20ml of solution with an iv push. Collapse a vein is no good so I took my time while breathing to calm me down, the hand was shaking too much but I did it. It's quite weird... I only iv 35mgs just to take the edge off, I didn't expect any rush, in fact it wasn't, but just to chill and stop clench my poor jaw and relax. Maybe I took too early cause I'm still clenchin but the crash is almost non existent. If I took a patch I didn't had any for next days so I thought "fuck it, I use all sterile stuff, ok I didn't had micron filter cause I'm not used to inject, but I dilute more than 50%, Infact i side the vein the liquid went easily, I prefer taking less methadone but dilute more.
I hope not to mess up something, the hole is clear, disinfected 100x, of course new needle (21 gauge) new siringe, sterile NaCl 0.9% (I heard sometime the word saline refer to this, in Italy saline is 1.8%NaCl,different story).

I hope everything goes well, I didn't had any issue for now, I'm not nodding but very calm.

Now that I tale my story, I don't wanna use it that way again, it's stupid. In my clinic most junkies (the hopeless unfortunately, and hardcore junkies inject PURE SYRUP, with a 20 or 50ml syringe and a 18-16g syringe. For me it's madness, it's almost a plague where the city I live... Heroin sucks it's heavily cutted multiple times with caustic and trash stuff (not fentanyl), shooting a gram doesn't do anything so most addict do this stuff... Ive done it knowing that is the last time, I'm losing interest in opiates, amd I wanna shot a last time this methadone, but really, it provoke a tons of damage doing it everyday, it smash the veins, some collapse and if your lucky without touch those the repair but scar tissue remain and those will be more hard and difficult for an iv access in caso of hospital need (not for this topic, generally speaking) it's damn syrup.

If you want a tip to use it differently, plug it. It's works. It come up fast (5-10min max) with a decent bioavaiability, but always lower than oral, it has almost 90%, orally takes a lot to come up but when it comes it lasts 24-36h of nodding (no tolerance, so stay low! Try 5mg and work up from there).

Well... I guess I go to bed, I hope my experience can help new people who search this topic, even if it's 6 months old, it can be always useful to someone.

Use your brain, start slow and search on site like this before do any stupid things.

Peace

S

Interesting i never heard of plugged methadone oddly enough. I was once on 380mg/day of methadone and though ive injected it i never tried any other route. My tolerance was too high to snort the 5mg pills, but i never even though on plugging them. Even then my tolerance was too high, imagine getting 38 10mg pills in your ass. The liquid would have worked though.

Ive been off methadone for a over a decade. Haven't had it in maybe 8 years, i love the stuff though. Im sure if i took 30mg right now id get lit up like a christmas tree. Overall my favorite recreational opioid despite its faults. Then again perhaps methadone conditioned my brain to love it, 380mg is something approaching 5,000mg of morphine.

I feel great on methadone, a true functional opioid (for high you are). Try and see how functional a person is taking 5 grams of morphine. Destroyed my musical ability though its poison. Felt really happy go lucky on it. My appetite and sleep were great, i enjoyed watching TV like the average jerk-off. I felt normal. Glad i got off though. Its no way to live (although it was pretty acceptable, i miss it sometimes, i mean why go through life in discomfort but thats a large question that has equally good points in either direction).