• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Harm-reduction program helping Indigenous people off reserves dealing with addiction

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Harm-reduction program helping Indigenous people off reserves dealing with addiction​

Tony Davis
CBC
21 Jan 2022

Indigenous people struggling with addictions who live off reserves now have access to a new harm-reduction program through the Native Council of Prince Edward Island.

Workers will meet people to provide services like access to clean needles, tents, blankets and first-aid supplies.

While there are outreach services offered in Charlottetown, Lisa Cooper, president and chief of NCPEI, says it's important the program is delivered by Indigenous people.

Read the full story here.

My personal belief is that the indigenous peoples of the Americas may be our savior when it comes to environmental protections (they already preserve much of earths biodiversity on their reservations). So I’m glad this funding is happening

It’s about time the govt tried to rectify its past even a lil bit

Everyone’s in this fight.. I’m a huge fan of local communities solving huge problems at the level they experience. Nice work!! Fight fight fight!!!!!

On government.. the best prediction of of future behavior and results is past behavior and results. The governments are not going to lead us out of this so we better lead each other. All the good people in the government will pitch in hard when positive results are shown

Last edited: