View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

hard times with DMT

MorriganLilith

Greenlighter
just had my second ever dmt trip and it was as unpleasant as the first. the first time I vaporized crystalline dmt I was heavily using cannabis and tobacco in tandem (and had done habitually for many years) and the effects of the spice were undesirable to say the least. partly as a result of this experience I resolved to quit smoking for good and devote my mind to understanding and mastering my dreams and lucid dreaming techniques. arguably a very good after effect of a bad trip. then I had been quit for a few months and had succeeded at becoming lucid in the dream world almost every night so I decided to try again. bad trip again. not as bad in that I didnt puke and it didn't last for as long a time but it was an unpleasant experience all the same. very much like salvia experiences had been for me; tactile, electric, sarcastic in a way with a great deal of physical discomfort. I remember thinking "if this is what it is like to die I never want to die" also it crossed my mind that that was exactly the lesson i needed to learn.
My questions for the forum are these: has anyone else felt like this consistently with dmt? is there some way I could try that would be better? is it even advisable to try again?
thanks for existing
93,93/93
Morrigan

I don't like the fast onset psychs either. The transition is just to sudden and uncomfortable for me. I have this problem with DMT, 5-MEO-DMT and salvia. I much prefer the slower onset of oral psychs like LSD etc.

Maybe you can get more comfortable with the substance by starting with a sub-breakthrough dose. By slowly working your way up it might be more comfortable.

I also read about people using MDMA as a launch pad for smoked DMT. This should also help to smoothen the transition.