• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Haircut that includes Bangs for male

I've always cut my own hair because of too many bad experiences with barbers, and I used to use a website (haircutsformen) to pick different styles, as it conveniently categorised them all with pictures and by length etc. Unfortunately that site's gone now... I'll see if I can find another.
some barbers suck when I was younger I told the barber to give me a Mohawk he gave me a military cut, and 1 time I left a barber shop the old barber was racist he said all the kids are getting " black look" i didnt get my hair cut there , now I shave my own head 4 free now a lot of older barbers are stuck in the past not all of them but quite a few

Fem looks fem when the person a lil fem. If you are so worried about looking a lil fem I can promise you with almost 100 sureity, you couldn't if you tried. You sound like my little brother (I'm gay). After Years telling him he looks a fucking mess, he finally agreed to go to my Stylist, which he now sees every two weeks. get a haircut that compliments your face.thats all there is to it

Even your stylist couldn't sort my hair out. Surely having some is a prerequisite..?

Even your stylist couldn't sort my hair out. Surely having some is a prerequisite..?
Ever heard of a wig?j/k but personally I find bald sexy af. If you don't have the hair the style wear your wisps with confidence. Easier said than done,I know but time and time again, it can be shown imperically that if you think something about the way you look is crippling you, the problem isn't the thing but your willingness to be crippled by the way you look.

some barbers suck when I was younger I told the barber to give me a Mohawk he gave me a military cut, and 1 time I left a barber shop the old barber was racist he said all the kids are getting " black look" i didnt get my hair cut there , now I shave my own head 4 free now a lot of older barbers are stuck in the past not all of them but quite a few
Also in my experience, be careful with older Asian stylists/barbers. They have very distinct standards for how hair is cut, many of which are now dated and do not look good on us with curls.

Ever heard of a wig?j/k but personally I find bald sexy af. If you don't have the hair the style wear your wisps with confidence. Easier said than done,I know but time and time again, it can be shown imperically that if you think something about the way you look is crippling you, the problem isn't the thing but your willingness to be crippled by the way you look.

That is so true. The only reason I haven't got any hair is because I choose to shave it off as it's a damn sight easier (and cheaper) than visiting barbers every few weeks. When my hair starts to grow, I look about 20 years older than I do when it's shaved...

^ Nah you're thinking of this one.

612c729cfd1a0b151014e4f22e6be4c6.jpg

Thats the rats tail.

Just to elaborate on why I would want hair covering my forehead. A few years ago I got into an accident and the metopic ridge in the center of my forehead is now protruding, its as if I have a mini speed bump running vertically through the center of my skull. I have yet to meet a neurologist to see if there is anything I can do, however, I assume intense plastic surgery or perhaps botox would be the most likely options.

When this happened I was unconscious for at least 30 minutes and still have no idea what caused the ridge. One doctor said its probably bony scar tissue (callus) but I think it might have to do with cerebrospinal fluid. As you could imagine it sucks.

Never heard fringe, but I agree whether its bangs or fringe its most often feminine looking :confused:

(minor PC edit)

Last edited:
Thats the rats tail.

Just to elaborate on why I would want hair covering my forehead. A few years ago I got into an accident and the metopic ridge in the center of my forehead is now protruding, its as if I have a mini speed bump running vertically through the center of my skull. I have yet to meet a neurologist to see if there is anything I can do, however, I assume intense plastic surgery or perhaps botox would be the most likely options.

When this happened I was unconscious for at least 30 minutes and still have no idea what caused the ridge. One doctor said its probably bony scar tissue (callus) but I think it might have to do with cerebrospinal fluid. As you could imagine it sucks.

Never heard fringe, but I agree whether its bangs or fringe its most often GAF :confused:
Some might say that plastic surgery is gay. Some might say that spending this much time on your looks is gay.

You might want to spend your money on a psychiatrist instead of a surgeon if your biggest concern about your forehead is how gay it looks.

Some might say that plastic surgery is gay. Some might say that spending this much time on your looks is gay.

You might want to spend your money on a psychiatrist instead of a surgeon if your biggest concern about your forehead is how gay it looks.
No reason to get offended, some things are commonly seen as feminine; which is the word i used until someone tossed in GAF. If I need to see a psychiatrist over a minor insecurity I suppose we all need one. It wouldn't exactly be elective plastic surgery either, i have bone sticking out of my head.

I never said the bone looked gay, I said some of the hairstyles might. (I used the word feminine see op)

Taste's a very personal thing, but none of the haircut images I've seen posted look especially effeminate. Though tbf I don't really know what counts as an effeminate hairstyle, as everyone seems to have a different look these days, which takes us back to the personal taste thing I guess. FWIW though most people would consider a style with a decent fade at the sides and back pretty 'masculine' - associations with military, sportsmen etc etc.

So for example, from the ones provided by Flower Fairy, I'd say these look both 'manly' and a good aesthetic style overall:

9585db2e48906850246b8d9eb7e9681d.jpg

^ that one also has the bonus of being pretty easy to style and maintain

Hipster-Straight-Fringes-with-Subtle-Low-Fade.jpg

^ similar to the cut above, but messy style. Fairly easy to pull off without skill but does require a little product for most guys

iisakkinummi-cool-fringe-haircuts-for-men-891x1024.jpg

^ another fade + length on top, but a little more challenging to wear as the style on top takes a fair bit of product and some skill to create a nicely flowing spiky mess

f3c631a5fd3fd3d95bfef435e0af40e2.jpg

^ this fairly popular atm but is an easier cut (no fade, back and sides probably grades 2 thru 5, decent length on top) and requires less effort than the others to maintain, though many would still need product to pull it off

Greatly appreciate you taking the time to post CFC

I dig the last one. Looks like a standard male haircut.

I basically have this atm.

s8cAfAx.jpg

If I comb it forward it looks shaggy and silly.

Thanks again

Reactions: CFC
^ the last one is actually fairly similar to Cumberbatch's, the biggest difference is that there's a much bigger grade jump ('undercut') on the kid's style, which keeps the longer hair on top (& fringe) differentiated from shorter hair on the back and sides and makes it look intentional rather than just an accidental shaggy mess :)

Bendydick Cucumberpatch hehehe. I'm so mature.

Also, this guy looks like a pouting pineapple

iisakkinummi-cool-fringe-haircuts-for-men-891x1024.jpg

^ another fade + length on top, but a little more challenging to wear as the style on top takes a fair bit of product and some skill to create a nicely flowing spiky mess

I recommend not asking the barber to make you look like a pineapple, unless you want to become un ananass

Bendydick Cucumberpatch hehehe. I'm so mature.

Also, this guy looks like a pouting pineapple

I recommend not asking the barber to make you look like a pineapple, unless you want to become un ananass

LOL, bendydicks and pineapples... :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, didn't want to start another thread. I've been thinking about a haircut too, avoided that for many years now and tend to like long hair on men (and women) but it needs some care as it starts to be obvious that I didn't bother for too long. It's about 40cm and don't want to go straight short but looking for ideas :)

Sorry, didn't want to start another thread. I've been thinking about a haircut too, avoided that for many years now and tend to like long hair on men (and women) but it needs some care as it starts to be obvious that I didn't bother for too long. It's about 40cm and don't want to go straight short but looking for ideas :)

Avoid bangs, bendydicks and pineapples for a start...