• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Hair shedding after amphetamine and meth use?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
My use was as follows:

16th february – 30 mg amphetamines
27th February – 100 mg amphetamines

4th March – 40 mg amphetamines
13th March – 65 mg amphetamines
22nd March – 60 mg amphetamines

5th April – 120 mg amphetamines
15th April – 160 mg amphetamine
25th April – 400 mg weak amphetamines (got some tachycardia after this).

4th May – 120 mg amphetamines
14th May – 35 mg methamphetamines
19th May – 35 mg methamphetamines
23rd May – 25 mg methamphetamines
26th May – 85 mg methamphetamine
27th May – 80 mg methamphetamine (got severe tachycardia and psychosis after this).

Now, one week after discontinuing this toxic shit for perpetuity, either I'm noticing it more or it just started but there's far more hair on my pillow when I wake in the morning.

I run my hand through my hair and I'll get for or five strands coming out.

This never happened before amphetamine/meth use.

I'm 36.

I have to attribute it to stimulants and read that although is not uncommon, will eventually return to normal, non-shedding after a while.

Anyone experience this, and how did you make out?

Going through the same only much worse. I used to have a full head of hair. My hair was naturally fine but had a lot of it. It was mid-back to shoulder length when I started this last time. (apporx. 1 yr IV use) I now look like a cancer patient with hair that's and inch to an inch and a half long. Very very thin can see my scalp. i wear scarves, headwraps and hats. I too am 36. Any other 36ers with hair loss r/t meth use. I could use another woman to talk about this with. It's very hard looking myself in the mirror, or go to the store, fuck I can't leave the house I am too ashamed of myself. I know this is a little late on your timeline,.. Hope you've had better luck than I.

A lot of my hair came out before when my liver failed, you dont have jaundice or yellowing of the eyes?

I'm close to your age and have been taking 30-100mg of amphetamine a day for a good 1.5 years.

My hair has thinned since then, hard to say why exactly though.

idk if I should make a new post for this or not because I've been experiencing that. Been using a little over 6 months or so now, pretty much everyday. Never had serious bad side effects, other than the usual ykno. some shadows and noises and a little paranoia but I could always identify it and just kinda be ok with it. But now every once in awhile when I stay up 2 nights (I usually sleep about 5 nights a week) I'll start having some freaky shit start up, like my hair is just fuckin ejecting from my body. It's like they're ingrown hairs but literally everywhere and they just start pushing out like I can see them growning and then its like a oil or pus that comes with them cause I rub my arm/shoulders whatever and the hair starts falling out. Then some pimple things start forming but they're not normal. I've had acne all my life but this is like something else. And I remember getting an ear infection style thing about a month ago and it's never gone away, at first it would fill up and pop usually around the bottom lobe area. At first it just popped and no big deal, but then it would happen and I could feel it shooting little oil pus whatever on my shoulder and neck and it would spread. So then it'd be like a wierd cycle of spreading and popping/oozing here or there. Then I started getting painful movements, like I swear it felt like a bug in me for real. And I know this is basically exactly what people say, and that's why the doctors and anybody else who I try to show is just like "yeah dude everybody knows about meth bugs" but I still feel like nah this is different. I mean, sure of course the meth has something to do with it but are all of these simples really just the normal outcome of daily use? Cause it really pisses me off when I go to the hospital (like I did when this happened last time a few weeks ago) and they just completely disregard anything I say right when they hear that I was on the shit. I'm trying to explain the ear thing and this lady takes the quickest look with that stupid toy magnifying glass and says my ears fine. And of course whenever you show it to people everything suddenly goes into mild symptom mode. Then when you're alone that bug starts biting on your spine or neck and all weird places. or it'll form in a bump under your skin and if you squeeze it it just starts running around. It's like a bull fighter and you're the bull and its trying to get you to tear a hole thru yourself. But main point, the hair thing. I feel like that's gotta be some other condition that the meth sometimes multiplies or something. Because it's not really correlated. I'll quit and it still happens, or I'll not quit and it stops happening. And they say its a panic attack but I'm completely calm, if anything I just get enraged when it starts. (also it has something to do with dry skin or maybe just the goofy shit that washes over san jo every other month or so, idk if its salts or n-iso or what)

I have been using meth almost daily for over 10 years and during the first 6 months to a year my body experienced very similar symptoms and even more bizarre ones like gucky stuff coming out of my eyes i can literally would pull strings of the shit out if my eyes. When the gooey shit was out of my eye and hit the air some of it would instantly harden into sharp little sand-like pebbles. Of course I was convinced it was shards of meth. Another weird thing was the corner of my mouth was red and raw and would scab over slightly and then ooze clear liquid. It was like burns at the corner of both sides of my mouth. I know Eewwww how unappealing but thankfully none of that shit happen any more now that my body is used to the chemicals. What I am experiencing now (along with a couple of my meth using friends) is extreme skin shedding especially on my ears . I think the change in ingredients in the meth is causing this and I can only hope that my body will adapt to this soon

Maybe depletion of some vitamine like biotin? It's crucial to watch the nutrition intake while doing amphetamines.
I had hair shedding while using prescription sodium valproate and later read that one should supplement biotin when doing valproate because it depletes it.

idk if I should make a new post for this or not because I've been experiencing that. Been using a little over 6 months or so now, pretty much everyday. Never had serious bad side effects, other than the usual ykno. some shadows and noises and a little paranoia but I could always identify it and just kinda be ok with it. But now every once in awhile when I stay up 2 nights (I usually sleep about 5 nights a week) I'll start having some freaky shit start up, like my hair is just fuckin ejecting from my body. It's like they're ingrown hairs but literally everywhere and they just start pushing out like I can see them growning and then its like a oil or pus that comes with them cause I rub my arm/shoulders whatever and the hair starts falling out. Then some pimple things start forming but they're not normal. I've had acne all my life but this is like something else. And I remember getting an ear infection style thing about a month ago and it's never gone away, at first it would fill up and pop usually around the bottom lobe area. At first it just popped and no big deal, but then it would happen and I could feel it shooting little oil pus whatever on my shoulder and neck and it would spread. So then it'd be like a wierd cycle of spreading and popping/oozing here or there. Then I started getting painful movements, like I swear it felt like a bug in me for real. And I know this is basically exactly what people say, and that's why the doctors and anybody else who I try to show is just like "yeah dude everybody knows about meth bugs" but I still feel like nah this is different. I mean, sure of course the meth has something to do with it but are all of these simples really just the normal outcome of daily use? Cause it really pisses me off when I go to the hospital (like I did when this happened last time a few weeks ago) and they just completely disregard anything I say right when they hear that I was on the shit. I'm trying to explain the ear thing and this lady takes the quickest look with that stupid toy magnifying glass and says my ears fine. And of course whenever you show it to people everything suddenly goes into mild symptom mode. Then when you're alone that bug starts biting on your spine or neck and all weird places. or it'll form in a bump under your skin and if you squeeze it it just starts running around. It's like a bull fighter and you're the bull and its trying to get you to tear a hole thru yourself. But main point, the hair thing. I feel like that's gotta be some other condition that the meth sometimes multiplies or something. Because it's not really correlated. I'll quit and it still happens, or I'll not quit and it stops happening. And they say its a panic attack but I'm completely calm, if anything I just get enraged when it starts. (also it has something to do with dry skin or maybe just the goofy shit that washes over san jo every other month or so, idk if its salts or n-iso or what)

Your post here is probably going to get more responses if you start a new thread with it . It is is quite a different/more complex issue / question than the specific one on hair loss that this thread is intended to address.

If you wish, I can make the new thread for you and simply move your original post here to be first post In the new thread. But it might be better if you cut or delete your post here and start the new thread yourself . If you do that, you might add some edits to help clarify what your main goal is , and what kind of responses you are hoping to get. Adding some line breaks and using more than just one long and complex paragraph wiill also help with this and encourage more responses.

If you want a bit of direct assistance with any of this then hit me up via DM.

I know you might not want to hear this but you litterly described bugs crawling around and biting you + you use meth. Think about as if your responding to me

Mrd described bugs crawling and biting him
+
Mrd uses amphetamine.

Amphetamine can cause psychosis where it feels like bugs are crawling and biting them

= what would you say is the most likely cause of my hypothetical situation?

I do not think your making it up and regardless of the cause that doesn't make your experience any less legitimate.

BUT, if I had some mild type "psychotic" symptoms it can become very hard to know I am experiencing psychotic symptoms.

I'm no doctor so I could be wrong about this

But if I could say take slightly less or it more spread out and not experience bugs bitting me ect. I'd like to know.

Also my skin gets super dry like cracked lips I use petroleum jelly.

I love lotion. This is going to sound really stupid but after taking my amphetamine I take a shower to make sure nothing irritating is on my skin because it gets super sensitive then I LOAD up on lotions, petroleum jelly, oils, ect all over my body under my clothes.

I can't say for sure it works but it seems to help keep my skin calm so I don't start scratching, rubbing picking ect and making it worse

The shooting out hair thing does sound like the beginings of delusional paratosis, sorry to say but the only thing to help will be to stop doing stimulants.