Guitar Strings

x9TKlpB.jpg

Stimulus earnings

Ernie ball slinky steel mediums on my les Paul are my favourite. I have GHS boomers as well though which I’ve enjoyed playing with before.

Martin monel 15s on acoustic.
I didn't know you played!

I want a G&L fallout. I tried one out today, that humbucker might pull me away from getting another telecaster. My red Mexican tele was great. Love the yellow, very 70s like ion says.

It's a 1951 "No Caster" with a 2001 Custom Shop replacement "thermometer" case.

Notice it doesn't say Telecaster on it? That's because Fender had received a "cease and desist" letter from Gretsch because it had been originally called a "Broadcaster", and Gretsch had a drum set with that name. Fender just snipped the Broadcaster off the decal until they came up with a new name (Telecaster). When I bought this guitar you could get it in any color you wanted as long as it was yellow, LOL. It has a very different wiring than new Teles (and even subsequent 50's Tele's) in that it has no tone circuit. That lower knob on my guitar actually blends the neck and bridge pickup. They changed the circuit in 1952 to a tone circuit with dark neck setting and again in 1960 or so to the modern circuit. This blend circuit is quite unique and cuts through the mix because there is absolutely no treble roll off in any of the switch positions.

They make a Custom Shop "No Caster" reissue now, but with the 1952 (no blend) circuit. In many ways I wish I had the newer re-issue because the re-issues have 9 1/2 radius necks with medium jumbo frets and mine is the stock 7 1/2 radius neck and those awful thin frets, LOL.

Last edited:
Vintage gear. Yeah I'd like a 60's strat without the 5figure price. But I have a 99 mexican strat, not quite vintage.

My tele I just got a few months ago, it's last years make exclusive to sweetwater.

I have a 68 Fender Strat purchased in 1980 for half a grand in NYC. Music row where the whole area is music stores. It is one of the originals. Have not played it in a good while. Only because I have a Martin HD 28 and have taken to accoustic mainly. But for that I usually use D'Addario EJ 16 series. Use a nice heavy 2 mm pick to be able to pick loud.

I also like DR strings, the don't last as long though as D'Addario for me.

I will try and get a picture of my strat

Vintage gear. Yeah I'd like a 60's strat without the 5figure price. But I have a 99 mexican strat, not quite vintage.

My tele I just got a few months ago, it's last years make exclusive to sweetwater.

I have vintage gear because I'm I'm a vintage guy and bought them new at the time (some of them were even slightly used but not valuable at the time.) There is absolutely no reason the vintage gear is better, LOL!!!

That Tele you bought from Sweetwater is every bit as good, heck as I stated in my post I even wish mine didn't have the vintage neck radius ...

Play the heck out of that Sweetwater Tele, dude !!! Make it the "Velvatine Rabbit" mine has become.

It's more collectible, some of it, and holds and goes up in value. Then there's ones like Adam Jones' les paul that was reissued as a collectible. Better of finding a 79 silverburst in originality. Ren Furguson Gibson Acoustics are highly sought after too in the non vintage. Those would only go up in value.

btw, what an insane speed, too fast to sound good but anyways:

i am just trying to learn this tune, did not play any guitar for quite some years, remembering the chord progression is the hardest part:

ORANGE Tiny Terror​

can anybody tell me something about this amp by any chance?