• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Guidance, advice and tips on lisdexamfetamine

fastmetro

Greenlighter
Joined
Aug 20, 2026
Messages
15
Recently, someone close to me gave me a capsule of lisdexamfetamine because I was feeling sleepy. It was wonderful; the drowsiness gradually faded until I was wide awake, and I felt more motivated and energetic. It was a very different sensation from methylphenidate, which has no effect on me at all.
That’s why I decided to do some shopping and picked up some lisdexamfetamine:



The problem is, I have no experience with this medication.

So, I wanted to start this thread to get some guidance, advice, and tips regarding lisdexamfetamine.
 
Not sure what you are looking for but here are some general things worth being aware of
* Lisdexamphetamine is prescribed for ADHD in strength up to 70 mg. I regard this as an upper limit for “responsible” use of lisdexamphetamine.
* Lisdexamphetamine can for many, though probably not for all, give euphoria in this responsible dose range. To keep the euphoria and avoid tolerance you should not take it more frequently than every second week. An absolute minimum is to have one pause day each week (if used for ADHD). If so, the euphoria will probably disappear in a few weeks.
* I would keep an eye on how it affects your blood pressure.
* if you need sedatives to sleep afterwards melatonin should ideally be sufficient. If it is not reduce your dosage.
* Insofar as it is possible to have it legally prescribed I would recommend getting a proper prescription. This is important if you for example want or need to drive while on Lisdexamphetamine (which honestly is perfectly safe, but illegal without the prescription).
* Do not mix it with Methylphenidate or other CNS stimulants. You may or may not be comfortable with mixing it with nicotine or caffeine. If so, monitor blood pressure. Having alcohol later the same days is probably fine, but avoid alcohol until the effect is staring to wear off.
* if your goal is improving concentration or mitigating ADHD be aware that you need to put in conscious effort to “steer” it. It can easily derail.
* it probably won’t give you physical withdrawals, but it is highly addictive nonetheless. You should be prepared to resist urges to go beyond 70 mg or to take it on days you didn’t plan to take it.
 
Top