• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Great Movies That Most People Haven't Even Seen

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'll second that.

Sadly, while it has seen DVD release in Europe, no release seems to be planned for North American any time soon.

a huge second for grave of the fireflies... its got a few different names though... most of em are similiar...
truly is a moving film

Well people may not consider it great, but I always have and I just don't think it gets enough recognition... Cry Baby-with Johnny Depp *drool*

Cool thread, given me too many options for my next video store visit..

strongly agree with grave of the fireflies...

Tokyo Story
Chungking Express
In the Mood for Love
Alphaville
Rushmore
Brazil
Trust
Simple Men
Henry Fool
Breaking the Waves
Slacker (edit: oop sorry someone mentioned this, good one though!!)

ahh the list is endless...
and good call on La Haine, that film is amazing. :D

Last edited:
La Haine someone said it already, but it should be seen. Also another french film The Piano Teacher or La Pianiste. errr what elsee I know I have some oh
The Sting
If you want something funny Noises Off is good I saw it on the stage first though and thought it was halarious.

Would love any French or Other foreign film recomendations. I love foreign cinema (as in non-hollywood).

Benzer

king of the hill> not the cartoon, people... the movie... starring a young jesse bradford......
foxfire> angelina jolie is way hot in this movie.....
and not to forget.... lord of the flies> old version and new:)

GIA> angelina rocks my world......;) she looked so real in this movie..... its awesome

THE LAST SUPPER- It's got a ton of cameos: Cameron Diaz, Jason Alexander (from Seinfeld), Bill Paxton. It's about a bunch of liberals that invite an ultra conservative to dinner once a week and try to change their political views. If they don't succeed, they kills the person. Such a great, dark movie and has much more significance to me in this political day and age.

Also, I'd have to recommend RAISE THE RED LANTERN. It's a Chinese film about a man who has five wives. When he chooses to spend the night with a particular wife, red lanterns are raised in front of her house and she is granted extra privileges the next day. The women begin plotting and manipulating each other in order to be granted the red lantern for the evening. It's truly a must see.

Saving Grace

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead

Z - great political thriller
Tampopo - the quest for the perfect noodle soup
Killing Zoe - overshadowed by Pulp Fiction, but still a great flick

"Khartoum" with Sir Laurence Olivier. It gives a great insight into the historical basis of the Jihad mentality.

Metropolis is wicked. Good call.

American Movie
Dark City
Alphaville (mondo bizarro flick)
Solaris (Russian orig)
Das Boot
3 Seasons