Votes: 6 13.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
I felt like I watched an unnecessarily long movie about my father, and the other people I went with felt the same. :|

2 stars.

Not usually a fan of Clint Eastwood, so I'd been putting this one off.
I gave it 4 stars surprisingly, I would have given it a high 3 and a half but no option for that.

It delivered for me in a number of ways, I liked how surrendered himself throughout the movie but in the end he made the ultimate sacrifice.
A number of laughs all the way through that only C.E could have given. Who else could have delivered line after line of racist slurs so nonchalantly.

I liked it.

I thought it was terrible and didn't even watch it until the end, finished with half an hour left of the movie knowing that the climax was approaching and not caring what happened.

The acting was terrible, the plot was predictable and what was the message of the film? That anachronistic 1960s ideas of masculinity are the way forward for troubled youth?

i thought this was his weakest effort of the last five or so years...just wasn't feeling it :\

I havent seen this but from the trailer it looks unbelievably cheesy.

"Get off my lawn!" 8) The ultimate old man/young man conflict cliche phrase.

I'll give it a look one day

4/5 for Clint Eastwood. 1/5 for the movie itself. Where on Earth did they find the actors? The movie was well intentioned and could have been good if it wasn't for the actors and the director.

I pretty much agree with the OP. Almost all of the actors besides Clint Eastwood were weak.

However, even if the film wasn't a masterpiece, I'd encourage anyone who is interested to see it. It was very entertaining despite the flaws.

Eh, wasn't as horrible as the previews/commercials made it look.

I ended up sort of enjoying it. Worth watching, if only to see Clint make entertaining racist remarks the entire movie ;)

Wow I liked this movie alot. Some of yall focus on the stupid mundane shit and aint got the ability to let the bigger shit like the story take a hold of you.

I thought it was pretty average as well. Agreed with the above comments that the acting outside of Eastwood was below average. I also had a really hard time buying that there's this long-time racist who suddenly tosses all of that out the window and becomes friends with these neighbors. Frankly, I grew up around some pretty hard core racists, and that's completely unrealistic.

I thought it was a decent watch, though, I just don't agree with the hype that this movie was an instant classic.

Fucking 9/10! Perfect movie man, funny as hell. Loved the quiet psychotic thing he had with the black guys. Didnt expect it to end like that but still good movie. I lov his face when his son/daughterinlaw were talking about putting him in a home

Pharcyde i think old timers like us (lol) like this type of shit more. We might be young but I feel like i am a old man sittn in a bar sometimes like i was born in the wrong era and you seem to be that way aswell so maybe its just the type of mind set you got.

Pharcyde i think old timers like us (lol) like this type of shit more. We might be young but I feel like i am a old man sittn in a bar sometimes like i was born in the wrong era and you seem to be that way aswell so maybe its just the type of mind set you got.

Lacey my dear, you are correct. I do feel like an old man. I dont drink at bars to have fun, or meet people. I do it to drink

Clint still kicks ass, just wish he went Dirty Harry on those gangbangers collective arses.

Man, this film was bad. OP had it right. There's so many things that have been left unattended in this film. At the heart of it, is that the relationships between the characters are very contrived. They are cardboard cutouts haphazardly positioned for Eastwood's character to blunder into and reinforce his miserable old bastard status, especially the Padre whose interactions were almost laughable.

Watching Eastwood growl - partly to himself, partly to the audience - was a weird experience that, at times, came close to breaking the fourth wall. There's a difference between monologue and self-commentary on what's happening in the film.

On the bright side, the casual racism was most humourous. And hearing Eastwood croak out a rendition of "Gran Torino" over the closing credits nearly had me crying with laughter. Awful.

^really? i had hopes for that one... dunno why i did

^same, I've been looking forward to seeing it.

three years later and I still havent seen this film.

i haven't really liked any of clint's directorials in a while. he's become very formulaic, and his music use is atrocious.