• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Good things about being off drugs/getting sober

:) if there was a little blushing face I would of used that.. You're too sweet :p thank you tpd <3
You always seem to say the nicest things to me when i need it the most!
I appreciate the shit out of that!

I wake up early, feel good and have a sense of self-worth and pride + some confidence and at times more motivation.

yeah I think about that a lot. I would remember when I would be driving to cop and I would be sick...everything was brighter and redder for some reason....like the contrast was off.

Now instead of the endless cycle of source money source drugs do drugs source money source drugs etc....I can actually stop and appreciate the smell of orange blossoms on the air. The hep c fucks my appetite up, but I still enjoy the taste of things and I am not just eating for biological reasons.

Speaking of communicable diseases, I'm grateful I don't have to be to concerned about HIV, Hep, etc. etc. anymore. And I'm grateful for getting tested, which I still do for some reason even though I'm not using - it's been like almost exactly two years and I always enjoy when the free testing public health dude comes around offering to check people out.

I'm also grateful for going to bed early and waking up early. Wasn't possible using. And speaking of going to bed early...

Goodnight compañeras & compañeros :)

Here's another one: Drugs introduce fear and dread into our lives (especially opiates). When one is clean that can really get less, or even go away completely at times. When one is on it, it's just one endless, sad story of misery. The wrost i get when clean is bored, maybe anxious or a little moody at times.

Here's another one: Drugs introduce fear and dread into our lives (especially opiates). When one is clean that can really get less, or even go away completely at times. When one is on it, it's just one endless, sad story of misery. The wrost i get when clean is bored, maybe anxious or a little moody at times.

this is so true. Even if I had a large supply and knew I would be well for a while...my mind immediately would go to what I would have to do to get well after its gone. Also, cops....I hated driving in newyork in christmas time. Some bozos put red and blue lights up around their house and you may be driving at night through snowy conditions and end up pulling over for a fucking mailbox...might also be the coke you shot making you paranoid but...well still/.

for content: The desire to get to know someone and maybe see where it progresses. When I was using I had very little soul and I could never bring a woman into that. Tried and failed too many times...they always think they can fix you...but if you don't want to be fixed...well I just couldn't break another heart.

Last edited:
Hello, and excuse me if i did something wrong with the way i posted this. Im a newbie with the only ADHD!
Th egreatest benefits of sober living is not to be enslaved-inprisoned to that damn drug in order to function and focus and have the energy to get through my day. Just so that i can get things done
I had to move to escape from the scene and it worked!
This December 2015 marks 2 years that i have been METH free.
I never thought I would stop using it.
The best medication for my crystal meth addiction is called WELLBUTRIN at 300mg.
Wellbutrin helped with my drug cravings and gave me the energy i would have lacked coming off from it. It made my recovery much tolerable along with klonopin.
Now, I can buy the nice clothing and those expensive shoes instead of window shopping.

Well I'm almost 5 months in being sober for the first time it is amazing how your life can change for the good in such a small amount of time.When your caught up in this lifestyle of having a dependence and cannot live your life until you get your fix is the most miserable life you can ever live being scared to death that your deal not going through and waking up in absolute misery is an awful life.After step back and look at yourself you realize how stupid you really are you don't care about nothing but yourself and have alot of guilt when I knew I had to little boys depending on me to be a good role model they knew I had a problem but they over looked it because they loved me so much .One of my son's actually seen me using and I saw the look on his face of disbelief it's the most awful feeling to have a young son have to be exposed to something like that .You could tell it really ripped his heart out and wanted to stay away from me and disappointed .if you think your not missing out on life you in your child's eyes and see the hurt in their little eyes and I don't see why everyone don't quit .Think about it and don't let drugs numb your feelings it will change your life if your human!

Good thing about being off drugs...well I was the first person to wish my son Happy Birthday today! Small accomplishment but big to me, I always said a birthday is a special day both! Gotta keep clean to remember the good stuff!!

Another good thing I noticed is that I am always 'present" mentally, and available for friends and family. When I was using I was always MIA and if I was there in person i was mentally absent.....so yeah, PRESENCE!!!

actually working at getting your health better. I never noticed how badly my body was not functioning because I was so out of it on the benzos and dope, until the psychward made me go to the hospital because my liver enzymes were so high. Scared the life out of me...but it didn't make me quit that time. Now I am sober and I have people that need me, and I am getting myself healthier and healthier.

haha wow toz!!!

the things we do for drugs...right?! it's like damn, we will do just about anything in order to get our shit. such a cunning, baffling, and powerful disease this is...

- having money.
- normal sleep schedule.
- physical appearance improves.
- regaining my father's trust.
- being in my family's life again.
- being able to enjoy and actually notice the little things in life now!

Falling in love in unconditional, mutually inclusive and reciprocal way, and more than anything else the opportunity to the beginning of a beautiful life with Jamie, girl of my dreams :) =D