Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Good music for acid?

Deerhunter - Halycon Digest

and

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest

are pretty much the two best psychedelic albums. while not my top two favorite albums to come from the indie movement, they are the two albums that "wow" me/impress me the most. there is a level of craft, beauty, and attention to detail and holism in these albums that is unprecedented. you'll be able to hear so many little noises in that state of mind that just come together so perfectly. Highlights: "He Would Have Laughed" from Halycon Digest and "Ready, Able" from Veckatimest

but i'll also give a more comprehensive list

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

absolute classic album, not only is it fantastic sober but the psychedelic sound is perfect while tripping. the cohesion of the lyrics and the "story" told by the lyrics is a great one to learn

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

not my favorite radiohead album by a long shot, but i can say with some credence (given that radiohead is by far my favorite band and i've listened to all of their material obsessively for years) that this one is tops for psychedelia. Kid A is fairly trippy as well, but Hail has the perfect blend of trippiness (songs like myxamatosis and the gloaming) mood/ambience (2 + 2 = 5, wolf at the door, sail to the moon) and sheer, raw energy (SO many of these! sit down stand up, where i end you begin, backdrifts...) it's a bit inaccessible and bizarre without a lot of listening when you're sober, but it all comes together beautifully while under the influence

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Classic album, and my personal favorite of all time. its a somewhat odd suggestion given its relative sonic minimalism, but the purity of the emotion and intention behind it is just undeniable and REALLY shines through when you're in one of those inspired, incredible states that only a good trip can bring you.

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

fucking kickass Led Zep album, although i enjoy Physical Graffiti more as a standalone album, there are certain songs on this one that are just perfect for tripping. Battle of Evermore, When the Levee Breaks... oh jesus. that sick, impenetrable, steadfast thump of bonham's legendary drum beat in that song is perfect. you feel transported to an arid world of sand, showdowns, and guns - right in the old west.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gong's Flying Teapot album for come-up. That'll give you some giggleheads =D

I agree with everybody but from a personal opinion i love some tripping music or some easy 60's and 70's rock, id have to say my to 5 from favorite to least favorite though would be
1.Grateful Dead (been a dead head ever since i started toking, rip jerry)
2.Pink Floyd (you dont truely even understand most of there music until u listen to it while tripping, its actually all pretty eye opening)
3.Shongle (if you arent familiar with him, definitely check out the song a new way to say hooray)
4.The Allman Brothers
5.Some Led Zeppelin
Im sure youve already been on the trip so this is just a personal preferancr more than a suggestion but i hope you enjoyed yourself!

PINK FLOYD!
Grateful Dead
Nero- Promises to be exact
Random Rab
The string cheese incident

Have a blast.

boards of canada (they are amaaaazing)
aphex twin
flying lotus
prefuse 73

Ozric Tentacles 8o

If you want a giggle on come up, try gong's flying teapot album. :)

yeah animal collective is my favorite psychedelic band.
feels.
sung tongs.
strawberry jam.
merriweather post pavillion.
Some of the most beautiful music you will hear.

Pretty much all music sounds good on acid. If it were me tripping tonight I'd hit up some Electric Light Orchestra followed by some Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood duo, then who knows what.