View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Good music for acid?

listen to watever you like sober, and youll like it even more on acid

Vivaldi, Chopin, Beethoven, other classical composers

Maggot Brain by parliament. Long improv guitar solo recorded on LSD. Listen at a very loud volume and perhaps with headphones on.

Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Velvet Underground
Chemical Brothers
Stiff Little Finger (If you like punk)
Gorillaz
Infected Mushroom

- Most of these are pretty standard, but enjoyed by almost everyone.

Play whatever u love. I personally like
Phish
tiesto
kaskade
Deadmau5
House music with jungle beats

I would listen to whatever music you already love. If your not really in to electronic music solipsis made some really good suggestions. Classic rock is always good too.

VERY good suggestions. I had a friend who usually did not get into Classical, EXCEPT when tripping, but then he liked it because he sait it "sounded like perfection."

Sort of in between the Rock, Classical and World I will suggest Peter Gabriel's (yes of Genesis fame) reworking of his soundtrack to the film "The Passion of the Christ" called simply "Passion".

It is a glorious album chock full of intense stunning touching music that goes thru a wide variety of moods. Me and a friend were on some clean LSD that felt great but were not getting many visuals, but when we put Passion on and laid back and closed our eyes, everything just exploded with the most marvelous closed eye hallucinogenic activity.

This track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdsELqm5kIM "In Doubt & A Different Drum" builds to one of absolutely the most lofty, spine-tingling, ecstatic pieces of music anyone has ever made... listened to tripping strong on anything IT WILL GET INSIDE AND CHANGE YOU! I got chills again listening to it again just now... fucking WOW

Also probably the absolute top #1 best most perfect, flawless ultra-trip record of all time:

YES - Close To The Edge.

Play uninterrupted from start to finish.

This is also absolutely guaranteed to alter, enlighten and change you forever in a very deep manner if experienced on a strong trip.

The forest-sound opening is an AMAZING sound. The song "And You & I" is one of the most moving rock epics ever composed and totally perfect for a trip.

I'll list a few specific albums I haven't seen yet

Porcupine Tree - Signify (or any of their early/mid career really)
Muse - Origin of Symmetry
Radiohead - Kid A (I find this album to be massively more trippy than In Rainbows)
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
The Mars Volta - Bedlam in Goliath (this one can get pretty intense at times lol)
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

Don't spend your entire trip trying to listen to as many of the bands in this topic as you can though. There's so much more to do :)

Hey, how did the trip turn out?

I usually don't listen to music on acid. I think I listened to some bob marley once when I was coming down and some grateful dead another time when I was coming down but that's about it.

kid A def has more trippy songs (everything in its right place, idioteque, morning bell etc..) but you really cant beat the emotion of in rainbows

As you are coming up I suggest listening to "Little Fluffy Clouds" by the Orb, that usually gets the ball rolling. Throughout the experience...

1200 Micrograms
DJ Fresh
Nero
Netsky (especially the song Lost in this World)
Mt. Eden Dubstep (and DnB)
Deadmau5
Kaskade
Sphongle

In an immersive setting try listening to the Dark Side of the Moon album by Pink Floyd; mind-blowing to say the least.

Oh, if the situation is right you may want to go for watching the "Matrix Reloaded," absolutely profound.

Enjoy your experience, I hope this information is helpful :)

kid A def has more trippy songs (everything in its right place, idioteque, morning bell etc..) but you really cant beat the emotion of in rainbows

Mhmmm that's all I was basing it on was just sheer trippyness haha. I can't even really listen to Kid A unless I'm super fucked up, In Rainbows is definitely the better album overall. Jigsaw Falling Into Place is one of my favorite Radiohead songs.

Dub Side of the Moon - Easy Star All Stars

^^dark side of the moon, mixed to reggae. Beautifully done.

Shpongle- Chill psychedelic music, great stuff.

1200 Micrograms - chill to pretty heavy, psychedelic trance. Great though.

http://soundcloud.com/dubclub/dubclub-vol-3
Its a 50 minute set, chill dub and dubstep reggae set, its pretty chill though.

A lot of their other stuff is very good, its a lot more chill than most of the dubstep i hear.

I've thought alot about this question and really what it boils down to is listen to things you like while sober! Sure you can listen to some really cool psychedelic music such as sphongle, STS9, grateful dead, etc... but it won't have the same profound meaning as it would if you were already a fan. But obviously the dark side of the moon is a must for a first time LSD trip IMO....have fun!

Downtempo,ambient,idm:
shpongle
younger brother
bonobo
tipper
aphex twin
kiln
fomatic
john hopkins
bibio
helios
STS9