• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

GOOD jeans??

so to the guys who've replied to this thread, do you honestly think $150 for a pair of jeans is worth it?? If so why? I see shorts/pants that are about $65 daily at my job and I don't think they're any better than you're average pair of anchor blues from millers heh. I buy different jeans and stuff, I just refuse to pay insane prices. I just look for sales...

^ as I said before, I spent 160$ on a pair of quiksilver jeans and they're still being worn 4 years later.... they're probably the best pants I have....

the more you wear them, the better they get!

thats good about denim

Well, I haven't replied to this thread yet but I'll reply to Beagle's question. To me, if the jeans fit really good and are made well then it's definately worth it. I'm 6'0" and have about a 30 waist and about a 32 inseam, that seems to be a pretty common size but I still have a hard time finding jeans that fit just right in the styles I like.

That said, some of the best jeans I have I bought for $40 at American Eagle, and they still carry them I think, but I'm not about to go buy 5 pairs of the same jeans. So I have paid a bit more for some FCUK, Diesel, Krush, etc. jeans and I think they were worth it yeah. And yeah, the more you wear a good pair of jeans the better they get.

I try to look for sales as well, but by the time the jeans I like go on sale they are usually out of my size already.

My favorite pair of jeans that I have been living in since I got them are Express. They're the perfect color, perfect fit, everything. The one thing that was driving me nuts while I was on my quest for the perfect pair of jeans was finding jeans that AREN'T stretch!! I want denim, damnit! Not that thin stretchy material that companies are claiming to be "jeans"! Geez.

I think Express has great pants all around. I got all my work pants from there and love them. And $70-$80 bucks for a pair of pants is HUGELY expensive for me, but sometimes it's worth it for great clothes that fit right and are good quality.

fizzygirl said:
i haven't found a single pair of jeans i've loved in the past 3 years. it really really sucks. I generally need women's (vs. jr's) jeans because I actually have hips and thighs, but they don't tend to have the more trendy details, the darker denim, flared bottoms, etc. It's hard to walk the line between old women jeans and trendy too slim ones :p

For you I recommend Limited Jeans. My older sister (29) LOVES and will not buy any other jeans but Limited.

A trend that seems to be catching on with most jeans are to be made with 1% of stretch material. This is to allow the individual wearing them to have more flexibility in movement. It makes the jeans more comfortable to wear since denim can be pretty rigid in form. Think about how comfortable your jeans are when you wear them the next day.

Some women enjoy wearing stretch jeans better because they can usually go down a size. The pants fit pretty tight at first, but once they move around and sit down a few times, the pants loosen up and are comfortable for them. Some women prefer them because the jeans with stretch adapt better to their waist line, such as when they are bloated.

I don't know how long this will last or if it will become a permanent fixture in denim fashion. I do know all of Gap jeans are produced with 1% stretch though because the majority of their shopping population wants it available in all styles. Those of you who do not like it added into your denim may want to check out the new styles that your preferred company is going to make; you might want to load up on your favorite pair just in case. :)

Ezra jeans from A&F. They're perfect fit for everyone that buys them. Also rather pricey though. Over 100 a pair. But much worth it, I believe they're the best they have ever released.

Mavi Jeans I have two pairs and they are VERY comfortable and I personally think they look very nice exactly the kind of jeans I was looking for not baggy but loose and not tight. I found them at nordstroms.

dr seuss said:
$10 for any item of clothing is $8 too much ;)

I see you just returned from the Salvation Army;)

There is nothing better than finding a pair of slightly used namebrand jeans for 3 bucks a pair.

Hunny I'm your exact same build. Thick waist, normal ass but tiny thighs and slender legs. I HAVE to have low waisted, really low-waisted pants in order for them to fit, because I am not proportioned like the vast majority of women (who are thigh heavy and small in the waist).

The only jeans that properly fit me are Abercrombie size 00, or Hollister size 0. Unfortunately alot of their jeans are 'destroyed' style, and so look pretty beat up. :\ But you should still be able to find some nice ones. Also, if there aren't any current styles that are what you are looking for, first go into a store, find out what size you are in Abercrombie, then go to ebay! They have alot of stuff from past seasons in different styles. I have 3 pairs of A&F jeans from ebay, all less than the retail price (usually 50-60 dollars).

I've also found that the HUSH style Diesel jeans look awesome on me, but they are too expensive for me. :(

AIM me if you want more info; FairNymph.

Oh, and more comments.

Jeans that do NOT work for someone with big waist/small thighs: GAP, express, limited, lucky jeans, guess.

I also suspect that Paper Denim jeans would not fit well, as my best friend (who has the opposite of my build) finds that they fit HER well.

I also had a pair of Victoria Secret jeans (lol) that I ordered from a catalog and they fit wonderfully. They were the standard low waist flare jeans...they do still make them I believe.

Banana Republic and Levis are both decent for me for jeans; just a tad too high cut in the waist. :\

Last edited:
PLEASE DESCRIBE YOUR BODY TYPE B/C OTHERWISE YOUR ADVICE MIGHT BE OF LITTLE USE

MY BODY TYPE IS TALL [6,1 or sumting] AND DRUGSLIM [50Kgs or 110pounds]

I've noticed that more and more companies are coming out with a variety of cuts for jeans and pants. You just have to read what body type they are describing. (I think they are trying to make it easier on us ladies!! YEAH!!!!!!!!)

In saying I have a thick waist, I am talking about in proportion to the rest of my body.

For example, if I were to wear jeans from GAP, I'd be a size 8 or 10, because I wouldnt be able to button up the jeans around my waist.

Also, A&F has very very weird sizes, I am not usually a size 0. I am usually a 2-4-6 depending on my weight. EVERYONE is at least 2 sizes 'smaller' in A&F.

[some off-topic content removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
A thick waist is hardly a size 00 or even 0. Rather than saying a thick waist maybee you should say an un-proportional sized waste...