Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Golden Teachers and treating addiction/depression

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Hi Everyone,

So, I am looking for some recommendations for using golden teacher mushrooms to try to treat my depression and addictions. I have very little experience with mushrooms. I have used them twice in my life and they were fun but I am starting my recovery from addiction and depression and want to see if these will help.

I have tried just about every depression treatment and many medicines which were not very effective. I actually noticed no improvement at all even with ketamine infusions but the doses they were giving me for ketamine didn’t affect me at least I never felt any psychoactive effects so maybe the doses were too small.

I have done some research and in the clinical trial I read that was successful they were using 30mg psilocybin which if these golden teachers contain 1percent psilocybin then that would equate to 3 grams.

Yet that’s just one approach. The other approach is using micro doses which I admit I haven’t read entirely a lot about. I know that set and setting are important and to go into it with an intention. My intention is to think of ways I can improve my life and break free from stimulant abuse. I haven’t used propylhexidrine for two weeks though but I still get intense cravings and nearly acting on them. I plan to be home by myself when I trip because sometimes my wife is in a negative mood and I don’t want that to impact my session? Would it?

Additionally, because psilocybin increases nueralplasticity and neurogenisis I plan on coming up with some change in habits that would benefit my life and practicing them throughout the following days. I have 8 grams of magic teachers. So I plan on doing this Monday and then again the following week because I’ve heard that you build a tolerance rather quickly. Also, would propylhexidrine have a cross tolerance because it also releases serotonin?

Does anyone have experience microdosing? Or using shrooms for addiction/depression?

Does anyone have any recommendations on how they would use them in this manner?

Thanks!

start off with 1.5 g to see how the effect you first and adjust your dosage for future trips.

the propyl won't have a cross tolerance.

Mushrooms are a tool and will show you yourself with no where to hide. They can be brutal.

I use to microdose them. For some people it will help their depression. Mushrooms gave me about a one week relief before my depression set in again.

My depression always come in cycles these days and no psychedelics have cured it. I also use to do alot of ketamine to cover up my depression but again that helped about a week.

Sorry for going off topic kinda. Shrooms didn’t help with my horrible depression but LSD helped significantly. My brain feels like it’s rebalanced and not pulsating with depressive energy. It doesn’t take a lot to recalibrate for me.

I microdosed every 3 days for a month and a half, then would take 2 weeks off and trip on 3-5g. I would repeat this in a cycle. I did this for 8-9 months and would see depression relief lasting for 3-4 weeks post the trips, and the microdosing would help me feel things during the weeks in between. Get closer to my emotions, listen to my body, breathe. I would take 0.25g - 0.5g in the morning with my coffee depending on my mood.

Mushrooms got weird for me and the trips got heavy and confusing so I don’t really do them much anymore, once or twice a year if I feel I need that trip. I now manage my depression with exercise, eating really well (cooking has become a fun hobby of mine), and a quarterly acid trip to wipe the slate clean and give me some perspective on things.

Mushrooms are a tool and will show you yourself with no where to hide. They can be brutal.
This is the truth right here. Don’t go in expecting a magic pill. You need to actually do the work, if you don’t they will turn on you.

start off with 1.5 g to see how the effect you first and adjust your dosage for future trips.

the propyl won't have a cross tolerance.

I use to microdose them. For some people it will help their depression. Mushrooms gave me about a one week relief before my depression set in again.

My depression always come in cycles these days and no psychedelics have cured it. I also use to do alot of ketamine to cover up my depression but again that helped about a week.
Mushrooms show you everything about your life and your right it can be brutal but it's so therapeutic. They helped me confront my trauma after my dad died