• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Going through precipitated withdrawal; when is it safe to use suboxone again?

washed

Greenlighter
Dosed 2mg this morning at 7am, 24 hours last using fentadope. Went into PW. When will it be safe to try subs again?

Precipitated withdrawal generally lasts maybe an hour to a few hours. I would try again in about 12-24 hours and start with a microdose of bupe. Take these smaller doses about every few hours and see how you react. If you start to feel too uncomfortable, then stop and wait again. If you feel alright, After about 48-72hrs you may be able to start taking higher doses.

Precipitated withdrawal generally lasts maybe an hour to a few hours. I would try again in about 12-24 hours and start with a microdose of bupe. Take these smaller doses about every few hours and see how you react. If you start to feel too uncomfortable, then stop and wait again. If you feel alright, After about 48-72hrs you may be able to start taking higher doses.
really? it took me an entire day to get over pw but i was coming off 195 mg of methadone basically

hey, what ended up happening? i've heard this has been happening to a lot of people when switching from fentanyl or fentadope to subs....apparently you need to wait way longer than 24 hours to induct onto subs as fentanyl stays in your system for a long time with repeated usage. How sick did you feel at the 24 hour mark? And if you ended up using to combat the PW, just curious how much more than usual you needed to use to break through the bupe and make you feel well again? Or did you ride the PW out and dose another sub at some point?

really? it took me an entire day to get over pw but i was coming off 195 mg of methadone basically
this happened to me off 110 mg of methadone. It lasted about two hours. But holy ish, an entire day! Jesus I don't know wtf I would do. I was in tears praying to god and calling out to my deceased loved ones, begging it to stop. Man. I would be in the hospital due to the dehydration alone.

Dosed 2mg this morning at 7am, 24 hours last using fentadope. Went into PW. When will it be safe to try subs again?
Look up the COWS chart. It basically has you rate the severity of the symptoms and add it up. A higher score essentially means there's less risk of pwd. Basically the worse your wd the less likely the chance of pwd.
Although Fent is similar to Methadone in that even when it's off of the receptor it still in your bones, tissue etc. So please be careful.

I don't think it's fentanyl itself, the fentadope is probably using some random analogs with longer half lives. I've noticed some of them keep me high then out of w/d for a long time. The current stuff I've got I'm fucked up 10-12h and w/ds don't start until 20-24. Have had pharma fent, not even close, less than H.

Second using the COWS scale, and be honest about how bad your symptoms are for it. You'll only be screwing yourself if you talk yourself into taking subs again too soon.

Idk. Maybe it had something to do with methadone's longer half life. I'm not too sure. But I've accidentally given myself precipitated withdrawals numerous times after going on dope binges. While it was brutal as fuck, it was usually over in about an hour or so and then the suboxone would take over. Don't get me wrong, even after that hour was over, I didn't feel 100% because of bupe's shitty partial agonism, but the severe hot/cold sweats and panic were no longer there like they were that first hour. I looked up after the first time how long it would last and saw a lot of other people saying it doesn't last very long and that's been my experience. Although I have never gone into precip-withdrawal from methadone, so I can't say for sure how that would go.