• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Glue sniffing

GersPunk

Bluelighter
Anyone else day this disgusting stuff when growing up i got a shock after someone i know died doing it, so never touched it again :(

tried it once, didn't even get high. I imagine I eliminated some brain cells in the process...

my mate suffocated himself with the bag, kids need to be educated at school more about the dangers of it.

Cannot agree more. I live in australia and we have a big problem of inhalant use in our regional areas mainly with indigenous citizens. It is devastating and deadly. Sorry to hear about your friend mate.

^^ Exactly why all drugs should be legally available to adults, just like alcohol, and at reasonable prices, not taxed like cigs in NYC.

I "get" kids using glue, pc cleaner, gasoline. That's a very serious issue to be addressed by education that works, not scare tactics, but real education, better activities to engage in, more decent non-intrusive patenting, etc...

Adults who can't get decent drugs often do as some native American do, which is to drink things from the grocery store like mouthwash that costs less to get "drunk" but contain non ethanol alcohol(s), denaturants and other garbage. Yet, making drugs illegal keeps this practice going. People as long as we've been aware we can alter our consciousness will try anything to do so. This will never end, be it substances or behaviors that alter our situation.

I tried it at 14 or 15, at school but did not use the correct glue, or do it right, and it just made me sneeze. I did not get a 'high' from it at all which was a good thing. The only other inhalants I have ever used was nitrous - oxide both medical, and food grade 3 or 4 times at rare times never going on a binge on it. I also inhaled helium twice.

I had friends and knew lots of people growing up who inhaled paint thinner, gasoline, Freon, cleaning solvents, ammonia in large amounts, spray paint, computer keyboard duster, furniture polish/spray on furniture or stereo cleaning spray, white out, the correct types of glue like model airplane glue, rubber cement, ethyl chloride, Amyl/poppers, nail polish remover, nail polish, varnish, permanent black markers, and other products and chemicals used to clean things.

Last edited:
What exactly happens in your brain that makes you feel a high from this? Seen a few different answers and I'm not completely sure but, none of them seem at all safe

What exactly happens in your brain that makes you feel a high from this? Seen a few different answers and I'm not completely sure but, none of them seem at all safe

Its basically a toxic experience and is a reaction of your brain dying. Probably the most immediately destructive way to get high. I inhaled starter fluid when I was in middle school and it got me high as fuck. Like extremely euphoric. But it probably did a number to my developing brain.

Oh well though. Cant change the past. I think the only "safe" inhalent is nitrous.

Xenon in the incredibly unlikely case you can get access to it.

Hah, that reminds me - word on the playground is that Tay Zonday recorded Chocolate Rain after inhaling xenon ;) Actually I made that up but if you did inhale xenon your voice would do the opposite of what it does after inhaling helium. Instead of sounding like Alvin the Chipmunk you'll sound like Will Ferrell after he got shot with the tranquilizer dart.

Xenon in the incredibly unlikely case you can get access to it.

Just out of pure curiosity what can the effects of this stuff be compared to and how do people go about inhaling it and what is it usually used for?

I've never heard of it before.

Huffing is a quick way to die, and a gross one to boot.

White Rain hairspray was the kids choice back in my day and yes, several deaths in 9th grade from huffing. Stupid way to get high.

Just out of pure curiosity what can the effects of this stuff be compared to and how do people go about inhaling it and what is it usually used for?

Drugfreeworld website has some killer info on huffing...instant brain death is the worst.

Not gonna tell you how to do it, just don't...curiosity killed the cat.

It's a dissociative anesthetic, i guess the closest comparable would be nitrous oxide. However, it's so expensive that the hospitals who do use it generally have an apparatus that actually recycles the xenon.

Drugfreeworld website has some killer info on huffing...instant brain death is the worst.

Not gonna tell you how to do it, just don't...curiosity killed the cat.

Well I certainly wouldn't do anything that could cause instant brain death.

However...I do very much enjoy doing balloons of nitrous so anything that ISN'T much more dangerous than that I wouldn't be afraid to try.

I know people say that instant brain death from it is *possible*, but probably so rare I'd guess as to be less likely than dying from having too much to drink one night.