• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Giving up Marijuana?

well i've been smoking the jah rasta kind bud ever since first year of uni, for over 16 years now, roughly 2 grams per day (and in that time have taken ~800 MDMA doses), i have tried quitting several times, but have concluded that i love the herb and will never stop (subject to availability of supply and working lungs).
am i an addict - hell yes, but then again, i tend to cultivate my addictions.
does dope interfere with my life, cloud my mind, hold me back, make me an unmotivated couch potato with a weight problem - well lessee...since i started smoking, i have obtained 2 bachelor degrees, an MBA from a top-10 school, i am a martial artist, participate in several extreme sports with very little margin for error, travelled around the world (and smoked out in every country i've been to except Rarotonga), work as the GM of a multinational pharmaceutical company, and am engaged to marry a stunning rock star.
so i figure the only worry is the lung damage caused by inhaling smoke, but by the time it becomes a tangible concern, nanotech will kick in and i'll get to grow a fresh new set!
no moral to this story, to each his own, but hey, guess what? somewhere in the world its 4:20 and you know what that means....
[This message has been edited by frqntflyr (edited 07 August 2001).]

Well I think its more about the lifestyle.. If you are on the move, keeping your mind + body active.. Moderate to fair drug use *shouldnt* interfere with your life. But if you lounge around and just smoke the same amount as someone on the move, I think the drug(s) would affect/interfere in your life more.. Look at some of the most biggets drug users.. real ninjas. They took drugs focus their body etc.. Cept they didnt sit on the couch all day..
smile.gif
Same with alcohol, a beer gut isnt supposed to be straight from beer, but the lifestyle. Sitting down all day, bad eating habits, food etc.. Keep active
smile.gif

Same with food. Eat what a farmer eats (bacon/eggs/gravy) etc every day and dont be as active as one. The weight starts to pile on quickly..
smile.gif

Thanx for all your insights into your own use/lifestyle! For my bf, its a lot more indept...problem he doesnt smoke during the week anymore, and only smokes on weekends...and I guess its not sooo bad when we are watching movies or tv on a fri or sat night, its just it really fucking bothers me if he is bent during saturday or a sunday and we are trying to get through the day. Because his body isnt used to the intake during the week, come saturday it hits him like a tonne of bricks and he is completely wacked. When he's bent, he is quiet, unsociable, edgy (a little paranoid) not to mention starving and will eat anything, even if he doesnt like that food...! ha ha once he was stoned and I was eating tuna pasta (hates tuna like a passion) and was eager to eat anything, so he ate the whole bowl...ha haha! Anyway, the point is its not only the amount of pot he devluges into every weekend, its the point I know hes hooked! If we have an arguement, and hes stressed out, he'll reach for the bong, he turns to it.
Anyway, Ill stop whinging hey, but your stories have TRULY help me, anyone else who wants to share theres please feel free because I cannot tell you how relieving it is to hearing there are people like my bf who JUST LOVE THE GOOD OLE WEED!
smile.gif

smoke dope
eat soap
fly home
in a bubble
------------------
rhythmatic movements in unison with others prolong an act of sensation with no limits or boundaries >

Well like most replies...I too once succumbed to the daily coning ritual. For me what happened was I could not relax without it, and that eventually worried me. I used to tell people to learn to relax, chill out, yet the reality was my only way of relaxing was having a toke. As for being a de-motivator, it was for me and definitely clouded my mind.
As far as I am concerned you can not make someone quit, they have to decide for themselves. I came to the realisation that I was not really getting much enjoyment from it and gradually just phased my use right out, without really intentionally doing so. I re-learned to relax without it, by exercising etc. These days I might have a couple of joints maybe half a dozen or so times a year in a social situation and it is very enjoyable when I do...
The infamous weed definitely has some advantages, but like any drug can be misused. I actually found smoking once a week the worst of all, as I was tense all week and then toasted all weekend.
smile.gif

Later