View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Giving DXM another shot with my new method

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
So guys tell me what you think of this, I've done dxm twice in my life, the first time I got an extremely drunk feeling and pretty high off the gels but felt uncomfortably bloated the whole time, the second was syrup and that was enough to turn me away for almost 5 years.
So my plan to get these little buggers down quicker is to get the waltussin gel caps, put then in a small glass and fill with boiling water to melt then and break open the dxm inside, my only concern was heat breaking down dxm? I don't know my chems well enough but I know a lot are broken down by heat or light. Just a thought what do you guys think about that method

i believe there could be a purging effect within the DXM experience itself. i've had friends robo-trip w me w the syrup and projectile vomit. that same friend also vomited about 10 times on the gels and another friend of mine vomited on his lap while taking an explosive shit - in my bathroom - had to tell my dad he was drunk..

they absolutely found it to be worth it though, which is the funny part. that shit acts so heavily on the serotonin system it just makes the experience positive unless you were allergic and had a strong histamine reaction (like another friend of mine).

for me, it always shits on my stomach. i get these gnarly farts and have vomited on the gels once. i've also gotten some questionable diarrhea from consuming robitsussin/waltussin and the few times i had the robo-syrup.

the bloated feeling could be helped by purging yourself. i stuck my hand down my throat that time i vomited. it was really uncomfortable and this was the same wal-tussin gels.

you feel a lot better afterwards once the DXM has absorbed well so it's worth it in the end.

i've just learned to embrace it as a purge. i wouldn't waste time opening up those gels in any way.

that taste itself may make you wretch if you hated the syrup.

i've also gotten some questionable diarrhea

For some reason this made me LOL in real life for at least 2 straight minutes. =D

In my experience, the only time I haven't gotten some form of body malaise on the comeup coupled with nausea was when I took pure DXM powder, that time it was much smoother.

To get my desired effect off of 15mg gels of have to take 35:( is there a more effective way of downing these and keeping them down?

take them 2 at a time and drink water after. some tea could help as well.

many recommend ginger tea for gastric disturbance iirc.

just hang tight and hold them for at least an hour or so. it's really not that bad once you get your mind off of it (TV, netflix etc..)

Just my experience with DXM. The Robitussin gel caps kick in quicker but I always throw up and then have weird stomach feelings throughout the trip. The puking isn't that bad, but I like to avoid it if it's possible. So the best thing I have found after all my experimenting is Delsym Grape Syrup five ounce bottle. Delsym is by far the best for me. Granted it takes a good 2.5 hours to kick in but when it does it is nice and smooth. I know everyone reacts differently so this is just one persons experience. Good luck.

If you are experienced with MXE/K, DXM can become enjoyable as it make you remind some of the headspace typical from disso (perhaps closer to MXE, with less euphoria).

I can understand why, if never experienced other disso, you don't like it in any way, or don't get the point of it.

Problem of DXM is that you feel badly serotonergized. For at least 4 time the duration of the trip itself. I don't like this sensation.

I don't think this is a good method and I don't like DXM! There are many (dissoziative) substances that are much better and "healthier" in my humble opinion like MXE, N2O, (Deschloro)ketamine...

take them 2 at a time and drink water after. some tea could help as well.
many recommend ginger tea for gastric disturbance iirc.

Good method! Gingertea with honey is super (also with no other substances)!

Nothing wrong with your method but DXM doesn't taste good so get ready for a nasty brew; the inner contents of those gel caps are particularly nasty tasting since they don't add all the flavor masking agents. The syrup is nasty to begin with so get ready for a whole lot of nasty if you proceed with your plan.

If you want the chemical to hit you quicker while still shielding you from the taste (as the gel caps are designed to do), poke a hole or two in the gel cap with a needle before swallowing. It'll speed up absorption but still be effective in helping to get it down.

That's what some other posters on the site recommended and it worked well. Ginger is great advice. I always use it when nausea is a factor. It works!

Nothing wrong with your method but DXM doesn't taste good so get ready for a nasty brew; the inner contents of those gel caps are particularly nasty tasting since they don't add all the flavor masking agents. The syrup is nasty to begin with so get ready for a whole lot of nasty if you proceed with your plan.

If you want the chemical to hit you quicker while still shielding you from the taste (as the gel caps are designed to do), poke a hole or two in the gel cap with a needle before swallowing. It'll speed up absorption but still be effective in helping to get it down.

That's what some other posters on the site recommended and it worked well. Ginger is great advice. I always use it when nausea is a factor. It works!
I'm more or less looking for an effective method to reduce nausea

Dimenhydrinate( Dimetapp, Gravol)

Take 1 or 2 pills 20-30 minutes before you dose the dxm.

Do it on an empty stomach. I feel as if the gastrointestinal discomfort can be amplified by having too much content to shift around in there, ya know?

Swallow 2 - 4 at a time every 5 minutes if you're taking gel caps.

For syrup I've found that pouring half into a cup and mixing it with water helps. I also drink it out of a straw to avoid it coating my whole mouth. Try not to breath through your nose, the smell triggers nausea. At least for me.

This method would work. The diarrhea and vomiting may come from an inactive ingredient called "sorbitol". It is a sweetener and also a laxative at high doses. In Canada, almost every dxm product is sold with sorbitol. To avoid that, the only solution I found was to make an extraction. Even dxm alone can cause nausea, but diarrhea and vomiting most often come from other ingredients.