• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

~Girly thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was into mac before i found an online site that i really dug for mineral makeup (mmu).

fairnymph plugged it years ago, and i have been a convert since.

it's called aromaleigh.com. the brushes they carry are amazing too! most of their stuff is completely natural too with no animal testing. plus, it only takes like a day or two to arrive on my doorstep! =D

i think my favorite thing is the pink cream concealer (hit covers up my super dark blue/black undereye circles), their ridiculously bright (but sheer) blushes, the eyeshadow base, and my favorite is the samples! i love buying an 1/8 tspn. of a garish blue eyeshadow that i might just wear once or twice!

/plug

^wow. I had never heard of aromaleigh and happened upon it a few days ago........
Maybe I should look at the website again:)

Does anyone here use the Olay - Regenererist products?

I am 26 years old. Since I do not plan on getting old, I enjoy taking steps to preserve my youth. I do not smoke anything, I do not drink alcohol or use stimulants (I use opiates and hallucinogens which are benign). I am heavy on antioxidants, use vitamins C and E, et cetera.

I am getting into beauty brouducts as a hobby. I bought a bottle of the aforementioned product today, and am curious if anyone here has had positive (or negative for the matter) results.

Also, what are good skin care products that you know of?

I used them continuously to even out my skin tone....no effect on the brown patches.
I have also tried Murad's line to no avail.

Sorry Jack, I am 21 and I mostly am still having to use acne washes and scrubs for my pubescent skin :!

I'm currently using the basic Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, in the pump-bottle. It's very basic, no fancy packaging or cute scents, but it is gentle and works well so far :)

I just got done with that Pink Grapefruit Scrub crap :p I don't care what Vanessa Hudgens skin looks like, that shit is horrible! It made my face breakout and itch like crazy. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Then again, I have sensitive skin, so yeh. :|

But my mom just bought this Olay Regenerist Deep Hydrating mousse face wash... I'll let you know how she likes it. She generally has good things to say for Oil of Olay. She currently uses an OOO pore-reducing wash that we both <3.

EDIT: oh no! Maria, it turns out they do not sell that body scrub online :( Any other suggestions??? I swear by a good scrub as a summer beauty secret! I'm currently using one from the Bath and Body Works spa-line, but its really only so-so IMO... so get back to me girl ;)

Last edited:
Also, what are good skin care products that you know of?

jackjones, my mum is in her mid-50's and she has used Clinique face products her whole adult life, and her skin is preeeeeetty flawless for a 55 year old! They have male product lines too which may be more suited to larger pores of male skin? I dunno what the specific differences would be.

...lacey? :D

Clinque is reasonably expensive though...

^^^To jackjones: I have a very sparse skin regimen haha, I just use coconut oil and regular soap on my face (I am not sensitive at all.) But when I do feel the need for something more special (lol), I use Origins, particularly their White Tea Line. I need to have my face products smelling good, I just cant get into fragrance free stuff (call it a quirk?) . I've been using this for years now when I need a pick me up for my skin or I've been looking a bit sallow.

Post I made back in 2008 haha..
I take back what I said about Origins White Tea line. It's absolutely FANTASTIC.
The toner and the moisturizer leave me glowing like no other. I try not to use it everyday as I don't really need to, but when I do, the difference in my skin is outstanding. Its like lit from within.
PerfectWorldforbody.jpg

For my face I use : Liquid moisture with White Tea (alcohol free astringent), Skin Guardian (a little bit goes a looong way) and I ocassionally use the deep cleanser and body lotion. (Im a whore though, I rotate my body lotions always so it depends on my mood ) =D

http://www.origins.com/templates/products/search_results.tmpl?KEYWORDS=white+tea&x=0&y=0

EDIT: oh no! Maria, it turns out they do not sell that body scrub online :( Any other suggestions??? I swear by a good scrub as a summer beauty secret! I'm currently using one from the Bath and Body Works spa-line, but its really only so-so IMO... so get back to me girl ;)

Oh nooooo...I dont use any other scrubs at all (I've tried many variations of Bath and Body Works but they just seem to be, um...theres just something lacking with them noh? And I just realize they use mineral oil...yak. :( I dunno I just dont feel right putting mineral oil on my skin =D I read that Trader Joes only sell the scrub in their stores (not available even online) sooo....maybe it could be available in another location? :D Sometimes I use my own homemade scrub using lahori salt (from the Indian supermarket), some coconut oil, and my Body Shop shea butter body wash. If I discover any other great scrubs I'll be sure to let ya know <3

^ I agree. I like B&B works, but the scrubs dont impress me so much. I dont really know what mineral oil is exactly (lol) is it bad or something?

Thanks for keeping a look out though. I was not born with the best skin genes, so any product that can smooth out and even my skin tone and leave me looking glowing is an A + in my book :)

I only recently discovered this thread, but i am loving it. It feels like a big slumber party or something. Celeb gossip time!!!!

Right on Perpetual Indulgence, ThaiDie4, N3ophy7e, and mariacallas. :D

I think I have found a thread were I can discuss my feminine side, and desire to pamper myself on from time to time, without being judged. Thank you all. <3

My husband has started using the age reversal products. He uses the Neutrogena men's.
He is almost 32. He has always been big on washing his face and moisturizer with SPF.
He has great skin.

I haven't tried the White Tea line of products by Origins- but I do like their products........
I use on occasion- (my husband uses it more than me- its not a feminine or manly smell....just a good smell:))

And I like Gloomaway Grapefruit Souffle - It makes your skin very soft.....

Mrjj- Are you looking for something to fight wrinkles? Dry Skin? Oily Skin? Blackheads? Or just a simple facial routine to help keep your skin looking good?
My husband does all kinds of things with me- His skin is very sensitive so we use alot of homemade natural products on him......

though it is sometimes a bit sticky feeling to me....but that goes away quickly.....

^It is super yummy :D Ocean I used to have that Gloomaway body souffle (I even posted it in the old girly thread, I remember carl making fun of the name too ;))..... it was sooooo delicious smelling the jar lasted me for a very very short time. It is one of the best smelling lotions I've ever had.

Maybe I'll be the first girlie to say that I don't believe in funky face washes/scrubs/masks. I basically use Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap for face/body sometimes hair. As for makeup I usually go for non-animal tested products in general which counts a lot of products out. Urban Decay is pretty good, although I sometimes I feel like the pigments are a little strong.
Anyone else as simplistic as I?

MC & N3o- It is very nice:) For some reason people would always give me Grapefruit scented soaps and lotions (maybe b/c alot of natural and organic products have that scent?) I didn't like it but a couple years ago my mother in law bought me a goats milk grapefruit lotion and I loved it- Since then I have been thrilled to get citrus scented things:)

Sunshinefix-
I love the splurge of super girly beauty products-
But I like natural or organic products- I like to make my own. I refuse to buy my own scrub anymore b/c I make my own and think its great- (though it can be hard b/c I am a sucker for good packaging:) and if it looks cute, I want it) But I use my own scrubs, when I use them- I don't use soap on my face and have switched back to a baking soda wash for my hair.
Speaking of which.......
I have also been making an herbal rinse........and using tea and essential oils in my baking soda to turn it into a paste.......It is working nicely but my scalp is still feeling oily and my hair is weighed down unless I blow dry the roots.....I can't figure out what I should do! I have also switched to only washing it every 3 days-which can be hard b/c I feel gross not washing my hair.:(

edit-
SPORK! You have to see THIS!!!

Here is a sample:

Last edited:
Anyone else as simplistic as I?

Yep, I am for sure! While I love and appreciate all the different yummy smelling products out there, I don't actually have any myself.
I use Dove soap, and wash my face with a Neutrogena cream wash, or nothing. Plain and simple =D

^:D :D :D

I have had a gripe that most commercially available hand soaps do not come in sulfate-free formulas. I ran across (in Ross of all places) a sulfate-free soap made from olive oil. The packaging of mine is different, but I found it online:

Marsiglia Neutral Liquid Soap

It is barely scented and doesn't leave me with dry hands. The description reads:

Extra Pure Marsiglia Liquid Soap made with Tuscan Olive Oil is a delicate natural soap for the face, hands and body. Thanks to its balanced formula, rich in fine and natural substances, it pleasantly deterges the skin leaving it soft and fragrant. Traditionally made, the soap is recommended for the personal hygiene of people who are not tolerant to industrial surface-active agents and contains no sodium lauryl or laureth sulphate.

I am going to try it on my hair - the active ingredient is Potassium Olivate from olive oil.

^ What is sulfate? This is not something I look out for.

Okay, I need advice peoples. I am getting really fucking sick of my face. I've always had oily\acne prone skin, but on top of that my skin also gets really dry and is sensitive to many ingredients in face washes. Benzo porixide absolutely MURDERS my skin, sacylic acid is a little better but ehhh. Lately I've been getting really dry around my lips and cheeks and its just super frustrating :( Does anyone know of a good wash for combination skin? I have to use something to treat the acne otherwise I will break out like crazy, but at the same time it sucks having tight itchy skin and it just doesnt look glowy and smooth like I want. :|

I might just suck it up and go to a dermotologist unless its super expensive.

^Sounds like you should talk to your dermatologist.....
But my suggestion would be don't use soap. Wash your face with just water.......
If you want to use soap I would take Mariposas lead and use a sulfate free soap and lotion......
Burts Bee's products are good, and sulfate free.......
I like them all but love the carrot soap and lotion.....
You could try making your own soaps- the easiest way is buying a melt and pour base from somewhere like www.brambleberry.com (they offer a number of sulfate free options- just read the ingredients list because there are some bases with)
You can choose your base and decide what you feel is right for your skin.
You can then add in essential oils and things like vitamin E or an extra splash of a moisturizing oil if you'd like.......
If you are looking for an exfoliant soap- and choose to make your own, you can use products such as almonds ground up, coffee grinds or a seed , like poppy seeds.....
There are a million and one things you can add to your soap to make it right for you-
Like adding spirulina (blue green algae) is good for acne.....

Sulfates are in everything- that is why I think it is best to make your own or buy organic- but sulfates are supposed to be behind a million and one complaints (it is suggested they cause cancer even!)- They can dry out your skin, and irritate sensitive skin.......Google it.....there is a ton of info online about it! :)
Let us know what you do and how it works!!

This is a big post- sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.