• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Girl dies from deoderant fumes

A fuckload of high potency gunpowder exploded and I was a bit too close (was actually making a medievil mortar, which considering they were called petard, means I was quite literally 'hoist by my own petard! 😆).
Actually, being a chemistry geek, I'd made my own, much, much more explosive gunpowder (sodium chlorate powder is effectively a high explosive). Now at the time, in the mid 70s, the IRA were filling milk churns with that very mixture and detonating them as army land rovers passed by. Add to that the fact that my grandad was an Irish Catholic who was an outspoken shop steward for the NUM and you can see why I got interviewed by the Special Branch.
Obviously,my dad was really distraught, even more so, when he'd been a Sgt inches 17th/21st Lancers (the charge of the light brigade regiment), doubting his son's loyalties. But when the SB officer asked me (of course I'd written the whole thing down!), ,"NaClO3, is this some kind of code?" and I replied, "yes, it's a chemical formula", I remember a brief smirk cross his face. Years later, he commented, as we were talking, "Special Branch, they're really fucking Special..."
When I use to tinker with chemicals I would add to that particular mix potassium permanganate for an extra kick - and when i found out how simple it was to make gunpowder there were no safe trees in the town.

Hmm did you give it away a bit with the pictures either side by any chance?? Couldn't tell you the song though!

Ah this brings me back to my school days sniffing Pritt Stick round the back of the bike sheds. And those whiteboard felt tip markers... :pupil3: ... and tippex (does tippex even still exist?)

I had a sheltered upbringing 😔

Ah this brings me back to my school days sniffing Pritt Stick round the back of the bike sheds. And those whiteboard felt tip markers... :pupil3: ... and tippex (does tippex even still exist?)

I had a sheltered upbringing 😔
Yep, the solvent for it was 1,1,1-trichloroethane. Not exactly healthy!

I really doubt this story as it's presented. I highly suspect the aerosol was somehow concentrated or not used in a usual, even if excessive manner.

Hell when I was a teenager me and my friends had the brilliant idea to set up about 50 sticks of nag champa Indian incense and light them all at once in a small enclosed room for whatever genius juvenile reason.

We nearly died from smoke inhalation....

Lol :p
Yeah, I always kinda knew that inhalants could cause sudden death. But I'm surprised at the amount of times I was able to handle it.
I guess some people are just that unlucky that it kills them the first, second or third time.

I had friends who were hardcore dust remover users too. One would even pass out like they were dead whenever they hit the bottle. It was awful hanging out with her cause I never knew if I was gonna have to call 911 cause the shit had finally killed her. Amazingly she's still here too. lol

I always think of electricity danger when I see conversations like this.

Most people can handle plenty of shocks, including from mains voltage. Some electricians have been zapped many many times. They are fine. But.. Sometimes someone gets just a fraction of that voltage, once, and they instantly die.

We are all built a bit different.

What!!!!
I assumed you were my age for some reason.

I felt most people knew on here what happened to you in regard to why you got blown up but it seems I was wrong on that one.

Oh come in man, you don't get much sense out of anyone much younger than that these days... ;)

There's a reason that most societies respect their elders....

I always think of electricity danger when I see conversations like this.

Most people can handle plenty of shocks, including from mains voltage. Some electricians have been zapped many many times. They are fine. But.. Sometimes someone gets just a fraction of that voltage, once, and they instantly die.

We are all built a bit different.
It’s not the voltage that’ll kill you, it’s the amps.

It’s not the voltage that’ll kill you, it’s the amps.

Exactly. Touch the base of a spark plug on a running engine and 25000v will knock you on your arse.

But it won't kill you.

However, 250v at 13A just might.

Spraying deodorant in a well ventilated room won't kill you.

Smother yourself with it in a small room and it just might.

It's just fuckin common sense guys, something that fuckin millennials are sadly lacking...

Last edited:
Lol there's always someone.

Yes, it's amps that kill. I only referred to the word voltage as I had just referred to mains.

The point is that a fraction of *insert danger here* may do nothing to one person and kill the next.

Exactly. Touch the base of a spark plug on a running engine and 25000v will knock you on your arse.

But it won't kill you.

However, 250v at 13A just might.

Spraying deodorant in a well ventilated room won't kill you.

Smother yourself with it in a small room and it just might.

It's just fuckin common sense guys, something that fuckin millennials are sadly lacking...
It's actually depolarization of the sino-arterial node of the heart (the pacemaker), by an electric charge that kills you. Voltage, current and resistance are incestuous bedfellows (V=IR)
Science teacher mode off 😁

And I wonder why my little sister keeps calling me "Walter White"!

I have no huge holes in my upstairs floor, from putting a body and hydrochloric acid in a metal container: I am much more professional! 😁 (does a Mr. Burns pyramid of evil, with an excellent!)
I've been learning about the 3 Serial Killers in the 1980's in the USA known as "The Highway Killers" & how they got caught by making mistakes.
What kind of temp would you need to reach to burn a human body to total ash & have nothing left?

I know from speaking to people & watching stuff online about Varanasi the most tough thing to burn is female hip bones, they refuse to burn & have to be smashed to pieces with a hammer after the corpse has been burned.

Also can you buy acid from a shop that could melt a body down to a decent liquid you could pour down the sink?