• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings ver. CCXVIII - Itsanewdawnitsanewdayitsanewsiteformeyeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t celebrate the death of anyone. It’s in poor taste.
i aspire not to and have never actively celebrated someones death but there is one person who i would totally not mind if they died - they are causing my family harm out of bitterness and have been doing for 5 years. even then i can see that it would be better for me to not kind of wish they would just die. a public figure who had never directly affected me i just don't get.

i aspire not to and have never actively celebrated someones death but there is one person who i would totally not mind if they died - they are causing my family harm out of bitterness and have been doing for 5 years. even then i can see that it would be better for me to not kind of wish they would just die. a public figure who had never directly affected me i just don't get.
He did directly affect many Irish people though, that’s the thing. He was a racist, misogynistic bigot also. So...

I don’t care that he died. I won’t celebrate it but I’m happy for my friends if it helps them feel a bit better for a short while. Finding comfort in misery never lasts long.

i think we have different definitions of directly affecting.

we all know he wasn't a nice person and i'm certainly not defending anything he said. i don't think we are actually disagreeing, more speaking at crossed purposes.

I don’t celebrate the death of anyone. It’s in poor taste. Just like I didn’t celebrate the death of Margaret thatcher. I understand why people do though.

Philip was well known for his hate of the Irish and how he thought the british army should have been more heavy handed.

While I don't condone the celebration of anyone's death even in understandable circumstances like this, I could live with them celebrating this much more easily than the sectarian violence that has built back up over the last couple of months.

Despite it being a second home for the first half of my life (I used to travel there on average 4 times a year since I was 9 months old) I have not visited Dublin since 2008, partially due to my drugs issue but also due to the inevitable loss of crucial family members who kept us together (my Mom's parents and eldest brother had all died by 2006 and while on the subject, her youngest brother left us 6 months ago mid pandemic so no chance to see him before or send him off afterwards). The situation over there breaks my heart, from the continuous rise in the most violent street / gang crime across the North Side of the city through to the more recent deterioration north of the border.

i think we have different definitions of directly affecting.

we all know he wasn't a nice person and i'm certainly not defending anything he said. i don't think we are actually disagreeing, more speaking at crossed purposes.
Irish history is very complex. I can assure you Philip had his hand in making Irish lives a lot harder.

rip to the Duke of Edinburgh x. Oh, those halcyon days when the worst thing to come out of that firm was a few bigoted comments from ol' Phil the Greek.

I bet Ginge and Whinge are breathing a sigh of relief - it'll keep the heat off them for a few months.

I'm fuckin sick of it already. It's the only thing the media are banging on about atm.

I bet Ginge and Whinge are breathing a sigh of relief - it'll keep the heat off them for a few months.

I'm fuckin sick of it already. It's the only thing the media are banging on about atm.
How awkward will the funeral be! 🙈

Death of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - too much coverage on BBC TV​

We're receiving complaints about too much TV coverage of the death of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
To register a complaint without having to complete our webform or provide any details - apart from your email address (which we’ll use to send you our response) - visit this BBC Complaints Page.

I paid my private respects, posted above and have been nodding on the sofa listening to an audiobook since. I have not turned the telle on at all today (ill catch up on the Chauvin trial tomorrow) but I assume the whatever rubbish was due on has been cancelled and replaced by blanket coverage of what is an important news item, but one that can be reported on in depth in around 70 - 80 seconds...

I paid my private respects, posted above and have been nodding on the sofa listening to an audiobook since. I have not turned the telle on at all today (ill catch up on the Chauvin trial tomorrow) but I assume the whatever rubbish was due on has been cancelled and replaced by blanket coverage of what is an important news item, but one that can be reported on in depth in around 70 - 80 seconds...

Yep, that's the upshot of it Stee. Thank fuck for streaming is all I can say.

The Russian propaganda machine at work again.

I hope most are educated enough to see through the brown stuff?

Bar the beeb journo.

BBC British Journalist, thanks.

The clip you have shown creates awareness of the dangers identified from legalising marijuana through real cases and factual evidence. It's a good piece of reporting. This is not propaganda. It's informative journalism to give the viewer an understanding on the subject and raises concerns relevent to our own living.

5.35 - 6.00 and then 6.25 - candidly stating how their research and data indicates harmful repercussions of legalising marijuana.

Reeta

Death of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - too much coverage on BBC TV​

We're receiving complaints about too much TV coverage of the death of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
To register a complaint without having to complete our webform or provide any details - apart from your email address (which we’ll use to send you our response) - visit this BBC Complaints Page.

Cut down on the coverage of Prince Phillips death and then more people will complain about that also. Welcome to the world of BBC broadcasting and the difficulties we face in keeping over 400 million people from around the world happy.

Reeta

Status
Not open for further replies.