• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CXX : Minty Superfreqs et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jancrow

Bluelighter
Continued from Gibberings-CXIX-In-B4-close

That Modeselektor thing'll get listened to shortly, there's a few choice keywords in the title (ie Modeselektor, Boiler Room, Berlin).

Have you listened to Mr C's stuff on either Mixcloud or Soundcloud? I can't remember which one they're on but his SuperFreq mixes are mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw them in Cardiff in 1991 we were on Sunrise Acid Tabs , it was fukin amazing . One of my fav. bands ever .

They were our local band, drank in our local...well, Fruitbat did. Saw them twice at Brixton Academy, blinding both times.

Then he somehow got himself on board the Starship Enterprise Allowance Scheme, with a Prince of Wales Award for pushing Valium and amphetamine

i nearly died at a carteer gig. well. i fainted. too many hot bodies.

good guys indeed

Rolled a joint out of my last few bits of weed and all the roaches in my ashtray cos I had no baccy left. Sort of feel like I've smoked the equivalent of one of them lollies with all the different colours. Rocket shaped ones? Think it's gonna be an early night for me

Ashtray joints always make me feel sick as fuck. I wonder if it might be because the tobacco in them, taken as it is from the butts, has had a lot of tobacco smoke drawn through it and is therefore much more potent and full of nasties than regular tobacco. I've often visualised this process but I don't know if it's true or not.

Aye think you're right there, either way weed never makes me spinny like nicotine does. Tongue still feels numb ha

Ashtray joints always make me feel sick as fuck. I wonder if it might be because the tobacco in them, taken as it is from the butts, has had a lot of tobacco smoke drawn through it and is therefore much more potent and full of nasties than regular tobacco. I've often visualised this process but I don't know if it's true or not.
Lots more Tar and other nasty things that you'd smoke from any ciggy.
Not a particularly nice thing to do but I've found myself keeping an ashtray for keeping butts in so that, if I'm desperate and utterly skint, I can still have a few nasty cigs.

Me and the missus used to get so skint and desperate we actually went on missions to town collecting butts off the floor. Pure class we were.

I've seen it happen - I usually give my butts to a homeless bloke if he smokes and I'm walking by him.
Found many who aren't Backy-fiends though.

The really odd thing was, that until we got to proper desperation levels like that I'd never have imagined that there'd be people doing that kinda thing. Once we were though you noticed plenty of people were at it. Woulda thunk there'd be folk bitchin' 'bout who saw the butt first 8)

Ha! Honestly you ain't far off, Monsta. For those who find ashtray rerolls a bit icky and harsh on the chest - you haven't lived til you're sampled third or fourth generation streetbutts ;)

*shudders*

I hate to think how bad for you such foolishness is. Especially the ones out the gutter that are quite often soaked in petrol and stuff. Lovely.

Have you listened to Mr C's stuff on either Mixcloud or Soundcloud? I can't remember which one they're on but his SuperFreq mixes are mint.

I have not. I'll check them out at some point.

"Save me 32ths will yuh?" =D

Ha, that's like being at school. As soon as you even made a motion that might look like you were going to get a fag out there'd be shouts "TWOS" "THREES!" "LDs!"

mr c's freq mixes are all on MrC's Soundcloud I love the freq mixes, but he puts loads of other good stuff up too.

Hardest working dj in the business! And fucking brilliant.

I just been on the phone with e on customer service .

It was a nice bird from Manchester , ended up chatting for 40 minutes :) She was doing a courtesy call , caught me 20 secs after i taken out the needle =D

We had a right natter , anyone that has done anything similar to a SB will know that it makes most of us a bit chatty . Or some folk go mental n stair at the wall n look like they are going to cry anyone know that sorta person ?
I always wonder if they are enjoying it cos it doesn't seem so .

So yeah gotta love talking to random lady after a SB . Really broad Manc. accent very warm & friendly , i was wondering what the deal was cos we were talkin all sorts , fuk all to do with Electric .
Stone Roses , Footy , being working class i would be still on the line if i didn't have a visitor .

Mr C is the fucking Don.

Really miss going down "The End" and his radio show he used to do on Kiss.
His taste in tunes is right up my street.
Realy loved all the Wiggle stuff from Terry Francis as well, and Nathan Coles.

Terry Lee Brown Jr was a decent listen as well.

The End and Escape from Samsara were some of the best nights out in London back then, as well as the one on thursdays just off oxford St where Marco Carola used to spin, I forget the fucking name, think it was called Propoganda ?

Status
Not open for further replies.