• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CLXXXVII - Shamming The Docs Summat Rotten

lol is this about me per chance Sam?

Look, I would like to say in public I was out of line Friday (13th I think)...I went really high and saw things that probably weren't there. Englandz I am sorry I bit.. the dark side took me over after a trigger. You got caught up in the cross fire. It was ugly and nasty but at least I know its in there and needs dealing with.

I hope you can forgive me. I'm only human and I screw up.

3b1eb516b7aafbeef28a17d3f6ad69db.png

i just died a lil :D

You only need to pay NI for 30 years to qualify for a full state pension.

I did not know that. I've reached the age where im beginning to think about such things. Up until quite recently i never gave it much thought, either assuming "I'd be alright somehow" or that i wouldnt live that long due to my lifestyle and unhealthy habits, and it wasnt worth planning for something that might not happen. 8(

I hope that 30 years thing remains the case by the time i reach retirement age (if i do, i can hugely increase my chances by making some lifestyle health related changes), with the amount of retirement age and pension goal shifting the govt is doing re the unaffordabilty of an increasing amount of OAPs living a lot longer. Fuck knows i may get hit by a bus tomorrow or an airplane might crash into my house as i sleep tonight, but obviously it makes sense to assume on and plan on reaching retirement.

I think Ive clocked up about 20 years of NI contributions so far. I now have a really worthwhile concrete incentive to do at least another ten. I'm grateful to you for sharing that. Although I'm struggling a bit to re-adjust to the world of work after being out of it for quite some time, the longer i stick at it the easier it will get. I may even soon be able to view things much more positively, once i get over a couple of hurdles that are casting quite a blight on things atm. They are only temporary.

I think Ive clocked up about 20 years of NI contributions so far. I now have a really worthwhile concrete incentive to do at least another ten. I'm grateful to you for sharing that. Although I'm struggling a bit to re-adjust to the world of work after being out of it for quite some time, the longer i stick at it the easier it will get. I may even soon be able to view things much more positively, once i get over a couple of hurdles that are casting quite a blight on things atm. They are only temporary.

Yeah gird your loins and slay em. ;)

I did not know that. I've reached the age where im beginning to think about such things. Up until quite recently i never gave it much thought, either assuming "I'd be alright somehow" or that i wouldnt live that long due to my lifestyle and unhealthy habits, and it wasnt worth planning for something that might not happen. 8(

I hope that 30 years thing remains the case by the time i reach retirement age (if i do, i can hugely increase my chances by making some lifestyle health related changes), with the amount of retirement age and pension goal shifting the govt is doing re the unaffordabilty of an increasing amount of OAPs living a lot longer. Fuck knows i may get hit by a bus tomorrow or an airplane might crash into my house as i sleep tonight, but obviously it makes sense to assume on and plan on reaching retirement.

Yeah. The only reason I found this out is because I was working overseas (optionally income tax-free, but I ended up paying it) and definitely NI free because it was only gonna be for a few years. I had to retain the services of a tax advisor, who explained this to me for the first time at the age of 39.

Read this (everyone): https://www.gov.uk/state-pension/eligibility

Of course, the UK Government will want to increase that 30 to something bigger just as soon as they can get away with it, so it's best not to miss out a single day of paying NI whether you're working or signing on.

I think I'm up to 22 years so far. I've also been silly and lived off savings instead of signing on a few times, none the fucking wiser, thinking I was doing the "honourable" thing (along with a healthy dose of pride, ego, and denial). Never again, fuck that. I have put more than enough into the system to end up getting fucked at retirement time. (Whenever the FUCK that'll be; certainly not 2035 as originally planned. :sus:)

Oh, also read this: https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-statement

Get a statement. Costs fuck all and will give you some clarity on the issue.