• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CCXII -- It's all about the length of the pocket clip .....

Hidey-ho, all <3

Just passing through and saying "Hi-yaaaaaaaaaa!". Although we do have interwebz access here I'm not exactly proficient typing on a tablet "keyboard" so am mostly in lurker-mode when the poot's not set up in the living room - or rather in our living room! =D

Not the finest gibber ever admittedly but informative... in an especially uninteresting fashion :eek:

Finally I can wank on the queen's face and not get funny looks at the shop later :D

Funny that you should mention ugly Australian plastic money - we had a new fiver released this week as well.
It's got braille on it though, which is pretty cool.

The new (aussie) fiver

Hopefully you can still scratch the queen's eyes out with a key like you can with the old ones.

And hopefully it still contains hidden smut.
(No, really)

For some reason, I wasn't expecting Australian currency to have the queens face on it. Thought it'd be Steve Irwin or a kangaroo or something (don't mind me showing off my vast knowledge of Australian icons).

Yeah, it's a fucking joke.
I'd vote for Nick Cave or Rolf Harris to be on there, but i guess the Queen is unsettling enough.

I thought the reason the Queens head was on the back of coins was to discourage small children from putting them in their mouths

Those Aussie notes look amazing. Much better than the drab ones that we have to put up with.

We had plastic fivers introduced in 1999 from Northern Bank (now Danske Bank) but they were discontinued. They fetch £15 - £20 on eBay now.

%C2%A310%20note.jpeg

Apparently Scottish notes aren't accepted in England.

The Aussie ones are pretty cool.

Apparently Scottish notes aren't accepted in England.

Yes they are.

The only ones that may cause problems are Royal Bank of Ulster notes and most major businesses accept them too, though sometimes with a bit of aggro attached.

Yes they are.

The only ones that may cause problems are Royal Bank of Ulster notes and most major businesses accept them too, though sometimes with a bit of aggro attached.

Clearly you've never met my local friendly shopkeeper

"wot the fack is that pal"

"it's Scottish"

"Go spend it in Scotland then"

Trip to cash point ensued.

Yes they are.

Does Wales have it's own notes? Maybe they're ok in Wales. It not being England...lets not talk about Brexit ok ;)

"it's Scottish"

Haha, are you in England? If I go south of the border I always exchange my Scottish notes or get them from an atm there. Can't be bothered with the hassle of them being refused.

They're fine in the Northern Ireland though. Then again we're geographical close. Can see Antrim on a good day from Kintyre and the Ayrshire coast.

Does Wales have it's own notes?

I think there's a bloke in Bridgend who has some small change.

But really, all shops etc should accept Scottish notes. Even though they always look about fifty years old for some reason.

I think there's a bloke in Bridgend who has some small change.

But really, all shops etc should accept Scottish notes. Even though they always look about fifty years old for some reason.

Haha. Yes, they are legal tender but a lot of places won't accept them south of the Border. Mind some of those strange dales / valleys in Wales are pretty desperate for the tourist pound! I'm not surprised they accept anything including payment in haggis %)

i have had bank of scotland (but never rbos) notes refused in london...

alasdair

There's Clydesdale and Bank of Scotland notes too. London airports are fine though - mostly.

"it's Scottish"

Just because it's legal tender doesn't mean it is recognised by shopkeepers as moneys. That's my experience of using Scottish notes in England anyway.

I find very few shops that will accept Scottish bank notes. I don't think it's a question of them not recognising them as 'legal tender' but many folk who work in such places, especially yoots, have not handled them anywhere near to the degree that they have with the Bank of England notes and may not be as confident in identifying the physical and security features that would allow them quickly spot a fake.

I accept Scottish banknotes, hell i will accept currency from anywhere if it means i can shift this 16 tonnes of inseminated finest Turkmenistan mexedrone. Its starting to go putrid. Only 50p per tonne. Cant go wrong