European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CCVIII V. Cephalopodia's Amphetamine Utopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the evk did I make numero dos most posted with all thr bans I've hadd? ;)

Do we fet a prize for first, second n thirds *looks eager*

.....or a stick up the arse b told to plu.....uh get a life? ;)

Evey

I was away for a few years and came back last year at some point. Spade doesn't post any more. His mum occasionally does though ;) Felix is about sometimes, I think he's maybe taking a wee break. Zophen doesn't post any more either. All sadly missed!

Ah that's shit like, what happened with Zophen did he just want away from drugs or something more serious?

Ive just experienced an actual incident of karma chameleon. I thought it was just a bullshit phrase made up for a song but the afternoon as it stands can only be described as karma chameleon. Mad.

does decaf still have caffeine in it? It feels like it :-(

It certainly does.

"Diet & Weight Management
Decaf Coffee Isn't Caffeine-Free

By Jennifer Warner, Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD on October 11, 2006
WebMD News Archive
Study Shows Drinking Decaf Doesn't Eliminate Caffeine

Oct. 11, 2006 -- Sticking to decaf isn't going to eliminate caffeine from your coffee.

That's according to a new study that shows even decaffeinated coffee comes with at least a small dose of caffeine.

"If someone drinks five to 10 cups of decaffeinated coffee, the dose of caffeine could easily reach the level present in a cup or two of caffeinated coffee," says researcher Bruce A. Goldberger, PhD, of the University of Florida, in a news release.

Researchers say caffeine is the most widely consumed drug in the world, and coffee is a major source. Despite this, there are few guidelines about how much caffeine is too much, and even low doses may adversely affect some people.

People with certain medical conditions, including high blood pressure and heartarrhythmia, as well as those taking certain prescription medications are advised to avoid or limit caffeine.

In an effort to abstain from caffeine, many people turn to decaffeinated coffee, but researchers say they may be unaware that these decaf beverages also contain caffeine.
related content
video
Caf-Nap for Coffee Lovers
watch now
There's Caffeine in My Decaf!

In the study, published in the Journal of Analytical Toxicology, researchers set out to find out how much caffeine is likely to be found in popular decaffeinated coffees.

Researchers purchased 10 16-ounce decaffeinated cups of drip coffee from coffee shops and restaurants and analyzed them for caffeine content.

They found all but one -- decaffeinated Folgers Instant, purchased at a Krystal fast-food restaurant -- contained caffeine. The caffeine content ranged from 8.6 milligrams to 13.9 milligrams.

That's about a tenth of the caffeine found in an 8-ounce cup of regular drip-brewed coffee, which contains about 85 milligrams of caffeine.

Next, researchers tested several samples of decaffeinated espresso shots and decaf brewed coffee from the same Starbucks location to determine if caffeine content varied in the same drinks from the same location.

The results showed that the caffeine content of the decaffeinated espresso shots varied widely -- from 3 to nearly 16 milligrams; the caffeine content of the decaf brewed coffee ranged from 12 to 13.4 milligrams per 16-ounce serving.

Researchers say even though the caffeine content of decaffeinated coffees is low, people could develop a dependence on them.

"The important point is that decaffeinated is not the same as caffeine-free," says Roland Griffiths, PhD, a professor of behavioral biology and neuroscience at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, in the news release. "People who are trying to eliminate caffeine from their diet should be aware that popular espresso drinks such as lattes (which contain two shots of espresso) can deliver as much caffeine as a can of Coca-Cola -- about 31 milligrams."

WebMD Health News

Article Sources

© 2006 WebMD, Inc. All rights reserved."

http://www.webmd.com/diet/20061011/decaf-coffee-isnt-caffeine-free

Speed comedowns always seem to involve wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life for me. Doesn't help that people on facebook are posting all sorts of annoying bullshit at the moment, either. Fortunately, I have weed, and now I am far too chilled out to be bothered by any of that. I should probably acquire sleep sooner rather than later, but for now tea will have to make do. You can't beat a good cuppa, after all.

Ah that's shit like, what happened with Zophen did he just want away from drugs or something more serious?

Not sure you n I have 'met.' I'm Ecey. I had a look through some of your threads earlier to see if you were someone I used to kmow (didn't wish to appear ignorant). Good to meet you.

I notice you mention Kate n Felix. I haven't seen Felix in a while, Christmas I think he was last here - Kate pops in now n then. They both cheer thhe place up n bring interesting, intelligenr conversation. Anyway back laters things to do n what not "waves^

Evey

What's your tea preference?

All about the straight-up standard tea, either black with two sugars or white with one. Tescos own brand is my kind of choice because I am a cheapskate student, but it's not noticably worse than other tea I've had.

Not sure you n I have 'met.' I'm Ecey. I had a look through some of your threads earlier to see if you were someone I used to kmow (didn't wish to appear ignorant). Good to meet you.

I notice you mention Kate n Felix. I haven't seen Felix in a while, Christmas I think he was last here - Kate pops in now n then. They both cheer thhe place up n bring interesting, intelligenr conversation. Anyway back laters things to do n what not "waves^

Evey

Well lah dee dah!

I do my best to bring intelligent conversation to EADD, would it be more interesting if I wore a kilt and stabbed at a piece of haggis while screaming "Freeedooommm"?

(I'ma stop there before Ms K goes the whole hog and stabs me through PM ;) <3 )

=D That's what I love about you Sprout. I feel I can mercilessly take out my todger and you always take it in the way it was intended - I.e. a bit of harmless fun. It's such a shame that not everyone is the same...
You and that todger of yours...

Well lah dee dah!

I do my best to bring intelligent conversation to EADD, would it be more interesting if I wore a kilt and stabbed at a piece of haggis while screaming "Freeedooommm"?

(I'ma stop there before Ms K goes the whole hog and stabs me through PM ;) <3 )

I'm going to hold you to the haggis stabbing when I come up to Manc. Better get practising with your sword ; )

So remember at 4pm when I said I was having one last line then I was going to get in to bed and relax and finally wind down?

Well that didn't happen I basically took another few lines and now it's 8pm and I'm just as wired as ever. That really is it now though, I can feel it inside me that little demon telling me that there are so many good reasons to keep on going has finally disappeared.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit - please, please let me sleep tonight. I have taken my last line of speed at 2:30pm before and been unable to get a single minute of sleep and today my last one was 20 minutes ago...

8)

Status
Not open for further replies.