• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

GHB come down

What's the side effects of GHB next day for a non drug user?
Very little in my experience. Maybe some grogginess or drowsiness lasting up to 12 hours after dosing (maybe a little longer in some people or high doses). It's an easy chemical for the body to break down and doesn't cause a hangover or any long lasting effects.

It's almost entirely out of your system within 10-12 hours, at least any detectable amounts.

Sometimes I will experience sleep paralysis in the days after using it, but other than that nothing really.

Very little in my experience. Maybe some grogginess or drowsiness lasting up to 12 hours after dosing (maybe a little longer in some people or high doses). It's an easy chemical for the body to break down and doesn't cause a hangover or any long lasting effects.

It's almost entirely out of your system within 10-12 hours, at least any detectable amounts.

Sometimes I will experience sleep paralysis in the days after using it, but other than that nothing really.

Seconded. I have to admit here that I have never used GHB (Gamma Hydroxy-Butyrate) myself. Like other substances I haven't used, I really do my best to acquaint myself with the literature and experiences. To say that there is a "comedown" is a misuse of the slang really.

A "comedown" in common usage refers to the experience of stimulants, as blood levels drop, there is a loss of energy, feelings of depression/anxiety and so on. So, not all drugs have a "comedown". You're just referring to how long a drug lasts basically, as GHB is essentially linear in action. You take it, and you're pretty much fucked up relative to the blood levels of GHB and as they drop, you're going to experience a corellated drop in the classic effects of GHB like drowsiness, unsteady gait, nystagmus and etc.

I think as our frined @Snafu in the Void has said. It's not crazy to expect some next day grogginess, but there is no "comedown". I hope this makes sense.

GHB is one of the lighter substances on the body with regard to metabolism, so likely little hangover. Never had one myself.

I generally go to a blissful sleep and awake refreshed the next morning.

Its a date rape drug and a reason to avoid being alone with a creepoid, but having g with someone special is really fun.

No come down but overdosing is too easy so beware, you could die from this stuff easy.

Thank you, there was a definite drop in serotonin.
Seconded. I have to admit here that I have never used GHB (Gamma Hydroxy-Butyrate) myself. Like other substances I haven't used, I really do my best to acquaint myself with the literature and experiences. To say that there is a "comedown" is a misuse of the slang really.

A "comedown" in common usage refers to the experience of stimulants, as blood levels drop, there is a loss of energy, feelings of depression/anxiety and so on. So, not all drugs have a "comedown". You're just referring to how long a drug lasts basically, as GHB is essentially linear in action. You take it, and you're pretty much fucked up relative to the blood levels of GHB and as they drop, you're going to experience a corellated drop in the classic effects of GHB like drowsiness, unsteady gait, nystagmus and etc.

I think as our frined @Snafu in the Void has said. It's not crazy to expect some next day grogginess, but there is no "comedown". I hope this makes sense.

Thank you, there was a definite drop in serotonin.

I know I'm going sound like a dick here, but if you really want to learn and be as accurate as possible, stay away from speculation like "it must have been my serotoni". Of course, it could very well have been just that, but you have little to no way of identifying the chemical processes at play in your body to such a precise extent.

I know you want to learn, so I just want to give you a friendly nudge, in that the precise answers regarding neruo-transmitters could never be anything aside from blind speculation unless you're hooked up to some pretty rugged testing equipment. Focus on the things that you can truly know and branch out from there.

the only time I ever experienced sleep paralysis was in my G day's. But the MDMA abuse during that time probably also played a part.

the only comedown that GHB caused, which occur's when you abuse it. Is the rebound effect. Which would occur at around 3/ 4 hour's after your last dose. This is mainly a sudden awakening from sleep. The only thing that would cure this taking another dose. Just to get a full night rest.

I m guessing its Glutamine related and/ or a Dopamine surge, very unpleasant. You don't wanna go near that territory

the only time I ever experienced sleep paralysis was in my G day's.
curiously GHB is actually prescribed medication to treat sleep paralysis, although paradoxically it is known to make it worse for a few days before it makes it better when used as a treatment

but yeah, pretty much every time I did GHB I would have sleep paralysis for 1-3 days afterwards

I've also had sleep paralysis after serotonergic drugs/imbalance as well

I hate that shit, can never get used to it

curiously GHB is actually prescribed medication to treat sleep paralysis, although paradoxically it is known to make it worse for a few days before it makes it better when used as a treatment

but yeah, pretty much every time I did GHB I would have sleep paralysis for 1-3 days afterwards

I've also had sleep paralysis after serotonergic drugs/imbalance as well
Sleep paralysis was actually quite an bizar experience.

It reminded me of fever dreams I had during childhood. My GF at that time also got them. So its probably induced by GHB in combination with poor sleep architecture. Add some XTC and you get some weird but interesting effect's.

It was the rebound effect that was the annoying part.

It reminded me of fever dreams I had during childhood.
what was that like? did your hands feel like two balloons? (joke)

I've never had anything like that. I've felt pretty stoned, almost giddy during a fever, but nothing crazy and no dreams or anything.

what was that like? did your hands feel like two balloons? (joke)

I've never had anything like that. I've felt pretty stoned and kinda light and wavy after having a fever, but nothing crazy.
Floathing to your mother's room. (the fever dream)

And then wakening from a wet towel softly rubbed on your forehead by your mom.

i get awful GABAB rebound coming off it.

Ooh could you please describe symptoms? I think I was drugged so I'm trying to get as much info as possible!
Yeah ofc. Just like any intense gaba rebound - shaking, tachycardia, confusion, elevated BP/HR, severe thirst, severe anxiety.

Still trying to figure this out, looking back, there were times where I would rush so hard or feel some type of way, that I couldn't speak, or even open my mouth, I couldn't open my eyes, or move and I'd then pass out.. could it be GHB?

Still trying to figure this out, looking back, there were times where I would rush so hard or feel some type of way, that I couldn't speak, or even open my mouth, I couldn't open my eyes, or move and I'd then pass out.. could it be GHB?
yep. the catatonic states w twitches/paradoxical stimulation are all totally a G thing. after years of being around it, I now regard it as extremely dangerous. If you can take a single dose in a night and move on, it can be awesome, but next to no one I've ever met can do that, and when you get into the pass out zone it is a genuine dead sleep. Not fire, organ removal or serious injury will wake you up. seen too much negative stuff happen to persist in using it (and too many injuries and close calls to me as well). plus there's nothing quite like the depravity of a person locked in a 24/7 G habit. it's almost worse than ethanol as far as how it makes people behave and the insidiousness of the addiction, although it is less hard on the organs.

What's the side effects of GHB next day for a non drug user?

I'm not sure if it was GHB or GBL (I believe GBL is metabolized into GHB in the body anyway) but I would never have a "hangover" or after-effects, but a few hours after dosing I'd get a amphetamine-style high for an hour or two...but NOT enjoyable? I've heard people call it "rebound-dopamine" but it's more like extreme restlessness.

Oh and (if you haven't used it before) dilute that shit! Regardless of dose. Adding it to a glass of fruit juice makes me for easiest taste/drink I find. Again, this MAY have been GBL, but my first time, I took it like a shot and ended up with chemical burns to my lips, tongue and cheek.