• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction GHB and keeping it cold?

afterm3th

Greenlighter
Why is it recommended that GHB be kept in the freezer? What happens if youve had GHB sitting at room temperature for months? Does it degrade? Does it become dangerous to use?

I’d also like to know, I’ve had some sitting at room temperature for a year, has it degraded?

-GC

There is no sugar in it or other eatable thing's.

It's Salthy good thing, did you ever take gulps from the flask, or dosed it nicely in cups with an oral seringe or such?

I don't think you need to keep GHB in the freezer, I kept mine in the fridge but not even sure that's necessary, it's just where I keep my liquid solutions to inhibit microbial growth. Though I doubt microbes would be able to survive in a GHB solution, but who knows? Not I.

It doesn't need to be kept in a freezer, a refrigerator is fine. Mold will grow in it eventually at room temperature.

In either case it needs to be shaken well before use after long term storage as it seems to separate a bit.

So what would cause the discoloration of what was a fairly clear thick liquid into a yellowish thick liquid if its not related to being kept cool/cold?

It has been sealed sealed mini jars and then wrapped in plastic cling wrap and then kept in a ziplog baggie.

Well something may be growing in it, GHB solutions aren't antimicrobial like ethanol. Long-term storage should be in the refrigerator. Freezer is unnecessary. Unless you don't plan on using it for years. Then I'd freeze it.

1,4-bd and GBL are fine at room temperature, nothing can grow in them.