• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting Opiates from Vet Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgreenyellow

Greenlighter
My girlfriend is a methodone/ opiate addict. Been "clean" for 3 months but I'm sure she has relapsed in that time. I'm remaining with her and supportive of her. However I noticed she recently became friends with a guy on social media who she has no common friends with or anything in common with. This guy works as a vet tech- I'm wondering, could this guy be supplying my gf with opiates?

Possibly bupenorphine or tramadol while I think ketamine would be more likely. There's always the chance, but no one here can tell you really

Unless this vet tech was in cahoots with a veterinarian, he cannot just give out prescription drugs.

Unless he is stealing them.

When you say been "clean" for 3 months do you mean she is still taking methadone but no dope or has she stopped using everything? Methadone and ketamine is really dangerous if taken together...

wtf?!?! Where's the evidence to this ketamine and methadone combo danger?... Ketamine doesn't even cause respiratory depression if I'm not mistaken just a disassociative coma state. Don't spread misinformation like that as it's extremely harmful not just to the individual, but society as a whole as misinformation like that prevents real scientific research that can actually figure out whether or not that's true.

Ketamine and methadone used together for pain management seems to be a frequent topic of peer reviewed studies so seriously make sure what you're saying is at least close to reality before posting.

I'm sorry RGY but this is a question that no one here can answer with any real degree of certainty. It is more of a personal matter between you and your significant other. Vet Techs have access to several controlled substances but we really can't tell you what he might be supplying if anything at all.

Hope it works out though and Best of Luck

Questions not suited for Other Drugs (OD)= Questions we can only speculate about the answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.