• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting on subutex...

devon.casavant

Greenlighter
So idk if yall would be able to help me but ive been taking subs for a few month now that I have been buying from somebody I know that gets prescribed subutex....i want to go to a clinic and get on them myself because i want to do things the legal and correct way. If i tell them I've been buying them off the streets is that like an automatic red flag to them? Are they gonna ask who ive gotten them from specifically? If they do a UA they will clearly see it's in my system. I know some places want you to detox from everything before they will begin discussing MAT. What is your experience? Should I go in there with the subs in my system or go back to actually taking opiods then go in asking for help? Im afraid they will turn me away

This is a good question, probably better reserved for somebody who has been in the situation. But anyway, I took my friend to an outpatient program and same situation; he pissed dirty for Bupe. So Subutex was immediately ruled out and he was given Suboxone. He had to take the strip in front of the clinicians, similar to Methadone. This lasted all of 3 weeks until he went back to Heroin and I haven't heard from him again.

If your goal is Subutex, I would probably not go there with Bupe in your system. I'm not sure where you live. But honestly, if you are an admitted addict chances are they will give you Suboxone for them to think they made a difference by giving you "an extra layer of overdose protection" in the Naloxone. Sorry I'm not more helpful. Best wishes

Most Suboxone subutex clinics expect you to be using street drugs, that’s the whole reason you’re there unless you’re prescribed painkillers. I had the same thing happen I went to get on subs but was already buying them on the street, I’d just tell them what you wrote here and it shouldn’t be an issue. Most places are laid back they just don’t want benzos or heroin in your system

Most Suboxone subutex clinics expect you to be using street drugs, that’s the whole reason you’re there unless you’re prescribed painkillers. I had the same thing happen I went to get on subs but was already buying them on the street, I’d just tell them what you wrote here and it shouldn’t be an issue. Most places are laid back they just don’t want benzos or heroin in your system

Really man? My experience is different but I guess you mean street benzos? But then again most people going to detox probably don't actually need the meds 🤔 I get so overwhelmed and confused thinking about all of it. I don't understand why they don't have a clinic where I can come take 80MG of Oxycontin in front of you so you know I'm not selling it and I can live a life without planning death always. I don't understand this world I'm tired of the shit. People who need help deserve help I don't understand man. Maybe most addicts are taking street drugs because they can't get decent relief. I hate it all

Really man? My experience is different but I guess you mean street benzos? But then again most people going to detox probably don't actually need the meds 🤔 I get so overwhelmed and confused thinking about all of it. I don't understand why they don't have a clinic where I can come take 80MG of Oxycontin in front of you so you know I'm not selling it and I can live a life without planning death always. I don't understand this world I'm tired of the shit. People who need help deserve help I don't understand man. Maybe most addicts are taking street drugs because they can't get decent relief. I hate it all

agreed if they just gave the people what we want and need and what works crime, death and all the other shit would go down. I mean sub clinics don’t want you peeing dirty for benzos without a script because it’s a liability if you overdose on benzos and subs which is highly possible due to respiratory depression

I've heard disgusting stories where you need to piss clean for a week before they consider giving you subutex/xone - to show that "you really wanna get clean"...which kinda defeats the purpose; if you piss clean for a week then you most likely do not need years of subutex treatment..

My friend was trying to get help for his massive benzo and opiate problem; they took out his prescriptions and said he needs to wait 6 months before a doctor will see him; he asked what is the point if they force him to buy drugs from the street just to survive until that.

World effing sucks sometimes.

I've heard disgusting stories where you need to piss clean for a week before they consider giving you subutex/xone - to show that "you really wanna get clean"...which kinda defeats the purpose; if you piss clean for a week then you most likely do not need years of subutex treatment..

My friend was trying to get help for his massive benzo and opiate problem; they took out his prescriptions and said he needs to wait 6 months before a doctor will see him; he asked what is the point if they force him to buy drugs from the street just to survive until that.

World effing sucks sometimes.
Makes you wonder what's the point...

I am not sure but I just want to come back here and add that my friend was on heroin and Daytop allowed an outpatient Suboxone program but he had to go Daily so dropped the heroin eventually. I'm not sure state to state but in the US they will give Sub or Methadone for any opioids. It is probably more smart to go in with Codeine in your system than Bupe though. They may believe you are seeking a high from it. Which is all garbage politics but whatever

Ok so this is one of the reasons i love this site, I have a strangly vast knowledge in pharmaceuticals, i have the innate ability to get dr.s to believe me. I am prescribed subutex due to the fact i was able to convince my dr and clinic i had an alergey to naloxone. This can be difficult for liability as well as insurance reasons. The prescriber usualy has too visibly see and acknowledge the allergic reaction, however things like stomach pain, headaches and vomiting can be hard to display. You can do what i did tell them you have too spit out your dose because the orange taist makes you sick. Tell them if you take it as directed you vomit feel ill for hours and its not contuitive to your sobriety. Look up the symptoms of naloxone alergy, study them and maybe take it too a whole new level of commitment like i did and pinch your lips till there visibility swollen and tell them it only happends after you take your dose for an hour or two hahaha.... thats a symptom btw, good luck and gods speed!