Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Getting off syntehtics

commander_bee

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I would like to start a help thread for those looking to stop using synthetics (i.e. "legal highs").

I have been smoking/vaping synths for about a month prior to this, various brands that i picked up from local shops (within walking distance). I have quit before (for a couple of months) and relapsed, because its so easily available.

I am currently starting my journey (day 1) and have so far been experiencing some withdrawal symptoms: mainly nausea, depression, cold/hot sweats at night.

Would really appreciate it if anyone could post some tips on beating the addiction.

when I can't get weed and am truly busting to relax I buy a bag of this stuff ....

I imagine if you have a problem with this stuff why not switch over to normal weed?

It's a superior high and easy on the body and mind.

If there's no way of getting regular weed than yeah .... That's a hurdle.

when I can't get weed and am truly busting to relax I buy a bag of this stuff ....

I imagine if you have a problem with this stuff why not switch over to normal weed?

It's a superior high and easy on the body and mind.

I bought 14g of weed last week and went thru it over the weekend. I dont know whether it was shitty weed but i could barely get high. Did some searching around and found that others who regularly use synth have trouble getting high off the real thing.

Anyway i dont really want to fight one drug addiction with another... I want to completely get off it.

im finding that i get waves of withdrawal symptoms... Like for 10 mins i can be feeling totally crap and then fine for another 10 or so... It sucks balls

Synthetic 'noids have a tendency to jack your tolerance up like nothing else.
Especially if they're full agonists.

I have quit regular cannabis use a bunch of times - and opiates as well - so I haven't been through exactly what you're going through...but I have a pretty good idea.

The "waves" of unpleasantness are one of those things that can be a curse and a blessing.
Yeah, it sucks when the bad feelings roll around, but if you can focus on the fact that "this will soon pass", you can get through them.
Be mindful of this!
In my experience with other drugs, the waves will eventually level out; the lows will get lower and will eventually stop coming.

So much of detoxing from a drug you are addicted to getting high from is psychological.
By that I don't mean that you can just 'decide' to turn the withdrawal symptoms off - but if you make a conscious effort not to focus on them, they can be greatly reduced, in my experience anyway.

The really important part that a lot of people overlook is continuing to look after yourself while your body is becoming accustomed to not being stoned.
Even if you can't sleep - lie down and rest.
Even if you're not hungry - make sure you eat something nutritious, even if it is small.
Vitamins and minerals can be depleted from your body with drug use/discontinuation - but fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts and the like are very nutritious. Eat as healthy as you can, and stay well hydrated.

The awful feeling will pass. The best thing for it is time away from your substance of choice - which hopefully the things I've mentioned above will help you accumulate.
Good luck - there are plenty of people here that can help you through this. Stay strong!

Synthetic 'noids have a tendency to jack your tolerance up like nothing else.
Especially if they're full agonists.

I have quit regular cannabis use a bunch of times - and opiates as well - so I haven't been through exactly what you're going through...but I have a pretty good idea.

The "waves" of unpleasantness are one of those things that can be a curse and a blessing.
Yeah, it sucks when the bad feelings roll around, but if you can focus on the fact that "this will soon pass", you can get through them.
Be mindful of this!
In my experience with other drugs, the waves will eventually level out; the lows will get lower and will eventually stop coming.

So much of detoxing from a drug you are addicted to getting high from is psychological.
By that I don't mean that you can just 'decide' to turn the withdrawal symptoms off - but if you make a conscious effort not to focus on them, they can be greatly reduced, in my experience anyway.

The really important part that a lot of people overlook is continuing to look after yourself while your body is becoming accustomed to not being stoned.
Even if you can't sleep - lie down and rest.
Even if you're not hungry - make sure you eat something nutritious, even if it is small.
Vitamins and minerals can be depleted from your body with drug use/discontinuation - but fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts and the like are very nutritious. Eat as healthy as you can, and stay well hydrated.

The awful feeling will pass. The best thing for it is time away from your substance of choice - which hopefully the things I've mentioned above will help you accumulate.
Good luck - there are plenty of people here that can help you through this. Stay strong!

thanks mate, day 2 today and im already feeling slightly better than yesterday. Have not thought of relapsing which is good.

im finding that the morning and evening are the worst in terms of symptoms. Woke up wrecked, sweating all night, though noticeably less than the first night off. Went to work to keep mind off things and had a decent day.

Im taking some multivitamins to restore some balance and drinking heaps of water and eating fruit.

looking forward to day 3!

Look to the internet when you can't find weed or your area is dry. Everyone does. And no im not naming any sources, they are easy to find as it is. Rule of thumb to everyone who can't get local, just use the net :p Simple, easy, good products. Nuff said.

Stuffed if I wont weed coming thru the mail to my house. The stuff I get is usually so stinky. Thankfully I have some contacts, and when I cant get any i just go with out for a while.

Look to the internet when you can't find weed or your area is dry. Everyone does. And no im not naming any sources, they are easy to find as it is. Rule of thumb to everyone who can't get local, just use the net :p Simple, easy, good products. Nuff said.

I get all my A class nom noms off the internet.

Around Xmas and new years everyone goes dry ... and yeah I use the net for that.

Shit these synthetic noids are way worse than weed .... day 2 ... sweet bro.

And it sounds cliche about the whole healthy eating but yeah that shit really helps ... your body needs the precursors to feel good.

Around Xmas and new years everyone goes dry ... and yeah I use the net for that.

And it sounds cliche about the whole healthy eating but yeah that shit really helps ... your body needs the precursors to feel good.

Thanks mate, im finding my appetite is getting a bit better. I also think that the fact that im posting here and reading peoples replies is helping me. Its keeping me distracted from that awful boredom feeling. Have not yet considered going to the shop to pick up the synth which is a welcome change :).

Warning to anyone using synthetic noids, DONT, the stuff is way too addictive and hell knows whats in it. In the synth thread someone has posted studies that showed that the synth noids can screw up your kidneys... As soon as i read that i made the decision to get off the crap

thanks spacejunk! I dont know if this is other people's experience, but the biggest hurdle is the fact that life just seems so bloody boring when im not high. im kind of afraid that come weekend i will crack and end up smoking more synth out of boredom, but at least today i'm definitely not going to as currently i dont have any cravings. the other sucky thing is how readily available it is....literally 5 minute walk and its open late... if the joint at least closed at 5 it would be easier as I'm at work till 5 occupied :p

Ah, good to hear, yeah it's not like nobody uses the net for it i thought id just word you up to let you know that's an option but you already knew :)

A good diet is paramount, each different herb/spice/vegtable etc are rich in sources of all things good that help with a variety of different drugs all showing different medicinal properties for each selected synergy. Plants for that matter would be great for that too. I eat all my veg raw including chilli's.

I recommend eating one raw green chilli a fortnight and eating lots of brocolli raw but prepare it with butter and a bit of salt and fry it for like a minute. I't needs to keep raw, great for genetics too.

Thanks mate, im finding my appetite is getting a bit better. I also think that the fact that im posting here and reading peoples replies is helping me. Its keeping me distracted from that awful boredom feeling. Have not yet considered going to the shop to pick up the synth which is a welcome change :).

Warning to anyone using synthetic noids, DONT, the stuff is way too addictive and hell knows whats in it. In the synth thread someone has posted studies that showed that the synth noids can screw up your kidneys... As soon as i read that i made the decision to get off the crap

Synthetics and rc's are just a trend, they come and go a new one that is marketed pops up and everyone wants to try it, the thing is i believe goverments have some information on the analytics of use of these rc's however due to the fact so many are always popping up that are closely related molecules to the previous one that were released, that the overall psychology and further concluded data is not available because they are having trouble keeping up with market trends and the whole thing itself as people haven't served enough time on choice of rc to say otherwise.

It stops here, when everyone stops using slang for research chemicals causing trends to emerge with such words and starts to realize not much is known about them the sooner teenagers etc stop thinking they are cool, i spose you always have the odd psychonaut who trys them all as a form of research and experimentation on ones self aswell.

I don't find anything tops the drugs from the late 20's to the late 70's with respects to underground research going on with left of center names that none of us still know about. They are the original and the best, with lots of data on them, i spose we are getting to the point where they are now starting to find out a little more as people get older through extensive use or atleast use of rc's to conclude some more evidentual data that is reputable.

There's only so many molecules and compounds around on Earth to this date that it would be a little easier for them to relate conclusive data on one slightly similiar related molecule in which to judge its apparent successors too.

thanks spacejunk! I dont know if this is other people's experience, but the biggest hurdle is the fact that life just seems so bloody boring when im not high. im kind of afraid that come weekend i will crack and end up smoking more synth out of boredom, but at least today i'm definitely not going to as currently i dont have any cravings. the other sucky thing is how readily available it is....literally 5 minute walk and its open late... if the joint at least closed at 5 it would be easier as I'm at work till 5 occupied :p

I know what you mean, it can be fucked at times, i know. There's nothing worse than not being stimulated by a stimulant or your choice of drug and been bored due to how long you have depended on chosen substance for too long, you become accustomed to being bored always searching for that stimulating high that kills the boredom dead for hours on end, that's why if you can afford it i recommend you find a clean source of methamphetamine. It's more expensive then what you call synth but the high is far supperior, last's longer in most cases and you won't get as paranoid not to mention it is known that alot of rc's namely the ones with stimulant properties are more moreish then the classic stimulants themselves leading to a more costly outcome.

Ive tried a few rc's but decided to stop as the market was flooded with too many closely related ones, i went as far as some from the 2c series and a few other obscure ones at the time and my overall judgement was that some of them might not have been such a good thing, namely mdpv, mdpv made me so paranoid and i find the 4 hour mark it lasts for with the complete fucked up sketchyness afterwards is not worth that supposed moreish line you all might sort after.

Once again, jump online and get yourself some drugs, cheaper, more available, good quality, good service from everyone really. I know i shouldn't be saying that, but part of me fails to care.

Peace

i honestly am not sure whether the govt knows whats in these rc's, i doubt the shiny packets labelled ATOMIC BOMB, GREEN LANTERN or whatever else sounds 'cool' is created by a reputable company or individual who has any consideration for the health of the user. i seriously reckon these are made in the same meth labs in some poor bastards backyard, using a combination of household cleaners and other chemicals they bought at bunnings or something. reason i say this is that my partner had a hit of the vape on the last batch i had and he had the worst reaction to it... it only lasted 5 mins but his experience was, from what he described, life changing. he said that he felt extremely evil, to the extent that he felt that he was death himself and was seeing the world through the eyes of death. he mentioned also that he saw hell and that life is pointless. weirdly he said he also had visuals - saw me with 4 heads and bleeding gums... and i believe him because the look he gave me whilst he was tripping was as if i had just killed his mother or something.

at what i reckon was the peak he was lying on the bed, uncontrollably moving his arms and clenching his fists. his heart was racing whilst i was cradling him on the bed to comfort him.

witnessing my partner convulsing on the bed, the look he gave me and the experience he described afterwards contributed greatly to my wanting to get off this stuff..... it just seems way too dangerous.
he couldnt even talk about the trip for ~24 hours, until he finally decided to share the 'unspeakable' horrors that were experienced

^ most of the chemicals sprayed on these mixes are made in china, India or possibly Eastern Europe.
There are new generations of untested "synthetic cannabinoid" (cannabimimetic) drugs hitting the RC market all the time (when each previous list of chems get scheduled) so it is really quite scary that people aren't told what they're taking.

I reckon you're doing the right thing by walking away from these drugs. Too risky and random.

wait so this stuff is imported? i thought it was local supply... you'd think that getting a large qty of green plant material sprayed with chemicals would be a flag for customs to investigate..... i guess they do say it's 'incense' or 'potpourri' and 'not for human consumption' but surely everyone knows what its for...

p.s. day 2 almost complete!! :D nearly made it to closing time

My understanding is that the herbs are generally sprayed domestically - for the Australian market, at least. Our quarantine and customs are among the world's strictest, for many reasons (such as preventing the spread of agricultural pests in organic matter) so you're probably right that plant material would raise red flags.
The pure chemicals are pretty easy to import, as in some cases a gram of powder can be thousands of doses.
Then it is sprayed on some form of smokable plant matter...put in a shiny packet and sold for stupid profits.

i honestly am not sure whether the govt knows whats in these rc's, i doubt the shiny packets labelled ATOMIC BOMB, GREEN LANTERN or whatever else sounds 'cool' is created by a reputable company or individual who has any consideration for the health of the user.

at what i reckon was the peak he was lying on the bed, uncontrollably moving his arms and clenching his fists. his heart was racing whilst i was cradling him on the bed to comfort him.

Yeah your not wrong there, all it would take is any joe bloggs to buy weight in rc's and invest in some packaging and give it a trendy name to boot, all the teens will go insane as if it was beiber or one direction or some shit, and that's only one direction as well and that's following shitty trends without thinking for yourselves. A drug user needs an independant mind to function properly he/she cannot buy into other peoples mass behaivoural ways that sweep over the drug market causing such unnescassary trends.

Yeah it's nasty stuff they are not good side effects by any means at all. If your not human you will be able to handle Methamphetamine alot more and it's better then synthetics as you call them for the following reasons, you stick to a guideline of once a week or once a fortnight use and buy no more thant half a gram, You can get buy on a point a day if it's good gear.

Fuck these rc's that you are all using, kind of makes me sick, then again choose your poison i spose, whatever floats your boat. Just be carefull, the only fiends you have to battle when using meth if caught out are mental health organisations and angry police putting you in the slammer for the night for personal use or giving you a fine to top that. If you are examined and have to go to a mental ward type facility you are going to be far worse rocking up there on a head full of synthetic drugs than you are on the classic drugs that most people use wholely across the board.

All the classic drugs have more tollerance by people who work for these facilities becuase they know more about them and some of them have used in the past years of their lives, some of them may even still use, i don't know,

I guess what im trying to say is eventually if your young or teens or whatever most parents well in cases i usually see will be worried about their son/daughters erractic behaivour and psychotic type ways after administering rc's and that's what it come's too after extensive use for how ever many years and that can be on most drugs aswell. Ive been using amphetamines for 15 years all different types from perscription to the obvious lab (no im not a cook) and i find id had my ups and downs but the biggest problem with my methamhetamine use was societys view as a whole with there whole stigmitized "drugs are bad bs" without having tried anything themselves and through extensive use i have found ways to have a great time in moderation everytime with next to no side effects. I had to have a really bad experience in a large crowd scenario that caused a mass panic attack to teach me a lesson about methampehtamine.

It's all power of the mind and you too can find ways to make your synthetic rc experience more enjoyable too by working out your own boundries of your own minds first then setting cue points on where not to go wrong next time. I know with stimulants it's hard not to make the same mistakes again and again initially but you end up overcoming it in the long run and drugs have never felt greater! <3

^ most of the chemicals sprayed on these mixes are made in china, India or possibly Eastern Europe.
There are new generations of untested "synthetic cannabinoid" (cannabimimetic) drugs hitting the RC market all the time (when each previous list of chems get scheduled) so it is really quite scary that people aren't told what they're taking.

I reckon you're doing the right thing by walking away from these drugs. Too risky and random.

http://www.eztest.com/

wait so this stuff is imported? i thought it was local supply... you'd think that getting a large qty of green plant material sprayed with chemicals would be a flag for customs to investigate..... i guess they do say it's 'incense' or 'potpourri' and 'not for human consumption' but surely everyone knows what its for...

p.s. day 2 almost complete!! :D nearly made it to closing time

With names such as incense/pot pouri it's purely a way to get them through making it less of a hassle for authorities and customs and a way to enable the further psychoactive studies etc to go ahead. It's all for research. Obvioulsy if you take to much of a certain rc of choice the outcome is going to be bad or overdose and theres not to much you can say about an overdose other than that's what it is and you could go on about the onset of the overdose from point A to point B and it would be better research if everyone set out proper dose guidelines and learned each drug for themselves by trial and error, You have to be carefull though, some require only 1mg or some shit when compaired to lsd etc its nothing but of a drug that type it's huge and a drug like that would go extremely bad if you had the second milligram, a bit like the dose response curve from gxx and 14-b. It must be taken with that caution.