• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting a buzz of suboxone while on maintenance dose

NeoLid

Bluelighter
Before you all start giving me shit I know you shouldn't use suboxone like that but it's been very hard for me to no go get fent lately and I feel like if I can catch a buzz of the suboxone I can resist the urge to go out and get fent. I am currently on .5mg every other day (start doing it every other day about a week ago) i just wanna know if snorting like 2mg will give me a buzz or if its going to be a waste. I started with 8mg about 8 months ago and been on .5mg for the past month and just about a week ago I started skipping days.

Id say if you want fent that bad n don't wanna get none then up your dose to 8mg or 12mg that should help drastically try n get on the sublockade shot that might help n it's covered by state insurance

Id say if you want fent that bad n don't wanna get none then up your dose to 8mg or 12mg that should help drastically try n get on the sublockade shot that might help n it's covered by state insurance
I feel like thats way too big of a dose if im only on .5mg?

Subs are really powerful for me. I don't get buzzed, but rather RIPPED. I don't have the highest tolerance to opiates in general like some people do, but even so I don't think they work as "blockers" for everyone and some people legitimately get very high off of them. Please don't increase your dose.. I don't see how anything good can come from that if you're not in withdrawal rn.

It's a good idea in general to keep your tolerance as low as possible, because the time will come for everyone to withdraw eventually even in situations where people have unlimited access. I don't see anything bad with subs especially if it keeps you off something as strong as fent. You know what works imo just take it from there and you'll probably have a much better lifestyle with subs more often than fent. BTW... I found with subs I couldn't feel anything from opiates for a couple of days--might as well have thrown them in the trash. So keep that in mind that they do tend to block out other kinds of opies. Is it possible to obtain a script for subs? I have friends that are prescribed long-term sub use. I mean, at least it would be legal and the subjectivity of long-term sub patients is questionable but perpetually getting high off of fent is going to be a reallyyyy dark time when you think about the future and your tolerance raising--which it will.

Out of curiosity, why do you like fent over something like H or oxy? Is it just what's available to you?

Last edited:
Yeah I been on fent for sometime but yeah i have a script for my subs for the last 8 months since ive been off fent.

Oh okay I get the picture now. You can raise your use a bit to get high, probably 1 mg-1.5 mg.

But eventually your tolerance will go with that and you might run out of your script early. I just think that fent is very strong and it's hard to moderate the difference between ur sub use and fent so OD'ing is a small possibility even with a lot of experience using. You can talk to your sub doctor about raising your dose a bit right?

Oh okay I get the picture now. You can raise your use a bit to get high, probably 1 mg-1.5 mg.

But eventually your tolerance will go with that and you might run out of your script early. I just think that fent is very strong and it's hard to moderate the difference between ur sub use and fent so OD'ing is a small possibility even with a lot of experience using. You can talk to your sub doctor about raising your dose a bit right?
Well i was just planing on take a single dose to get a buzz and hopefully that would keep the craving for fent away. I have 4 2mg pills so i was just gonna make the rest of them last a bit longer. I dont want to actually raise my dose.

Haha, okay. I'm not trying to instigate at all, but what are you asking with the thread? Morally getting high is whatever if you're not hurting others imo. And suboxone is way safer and less soul consuming than fent so continue with whatever you're doing. It'll still take effort to avoid fent but subs will definitely make it easier.

I haven't said anything profound or anything you don't know already. But if you're going to be getting high no one can stop you and subs are better to be dependent on than something that can cause crippling withdrawals or literally kill you. I'm pretty surprised the low doses of subs work for you but that's awesome. Some people are on 8 mg of suboxone... I just don't understand how any doctor would allow that but I can't disagree with them getting their treatment. That amount of subs just seems excessive to me.

Last edited:
Everyone keeps saying ‘oh you don’t get a buzz of subys’ but there’s either A LOT of liars about the place, or some really stupid people, because I know people who sell their subys for good cash, CLEARLY someone’s enjoying it.

Try snorting it. You’ll get your maintenance dose at worst, at best a bit of a buzz 🤷‍♂️

Everyone keeps saying ‘oh you don’t get a buzz of subys’ but there’s either A LOT of liars about the place, or some really stupid people, because I know people who sell their subys for good cash, CLEARLY someone’s enjoying it.

Try snorting it. You’ll get your maintenance dose at worst, at best a bit of a buzz 🤷‍♂️

Who knows.. it may be how people's brain chemistry just is. Some people don't feel anything, while others feel effects very strongly. History of abuse comes into play as well, but like with the OP here he feels buzzed off of low-dose subs from coming off something as potent as fent. It's an interesting thing for someone to research. Maybe people have way more opiate receptors than others so they feel it more? *shrug*

My former heroin addict friend is now clean and only on subs, and was shocked when I told him that they get me blasted even from lower doses. Haven't had it in years though.

Haha, okay. I'm not trying to instigate at all, but what are you asking with the thread? Morally getting high is whatever if you're not hurting others imo. And suboxone is way safer and less soul consuming than fent so continue with whatever you're doing. It'll still take effort to avoid fent but subs will definitely make it easier.

I haven't said anything profound or anything you don't know already. But if you're going to be getting high no one can stop you and subs are better to be dependent on than something that can cause crippling withdrawals or literally kill you. I'm pretty surprised the low doses of subs work for you but that's awesome. Some people are on 8 mg of suboxone... I just don't understand how any doctor would allow that but I can't disagree with them getting their treatment. That amount of subs just seems excessive to me.
Sorry ill try to be more clear, i am on a maintenance dose right now I take .5mg every other day. That doesnt get me high its part of my program. I have been clean from fent for about 8 months since i started taking suboxone(prescribed by a doctor) i currently get a months supply to take home. Lately i have been really craving fent so i was thinking if I can catch a buzz from suboxone i could stop myself from buying fent. I have 4 2mg pills left so i dont want to waste 2mg if its not gonna get me high. Thats what my question is will 2mg get me a buzz if im on a .5 mg maintenance dose.

Sorry ill try to be more clear, i am on a maintenance dose right now I take .5mg every other day. That doesnt get me high its part of my program. I have been clean from fent for about 8 months since i started taking suboxone(prescribed by a doctor) i currently get a months supply to take home. Lately i have been really craving fent so i was thinking if I can catch a buzz from suboxone i could stop myself from buying fent. I have 4 2mg pills left so i dont want to waste 2mg if its not gonna get me high. Thats what my question is will 2mg get me a buzz if im on a .5 mg maintenance dose.

I really think it would if .5 mg produces effects. It's up to you whether you end up using fent again or not though in the end, or to take the risk that it doesn't end up satisfying the cravings. Could help to have a backup plan to prevent you from seeking out fent again if it doesn't end up working.

I really think it would if .5 mg produces effects. It's up to you whether you end up using fent again or not though in the end, or to take the risk that it doesn't end up satisfying the cravings.
.5mg doesnt produce any effects for me. Ive been on suboxone for 8months. Started at 8mg and tapered down to .5mg every other day. Even when i first started on suboxone i had no effects because my tolerance was so high. But now that my tolerance is low im thinking they might be able to give me a buzz

Ah ok, you could try it now for future reference if you ever receive massive cravings again. But I don't want you to do something that ends up not working and risk the hard work you've put in to stay off fent. So back at square one. Sorry if my posts wasted ur time lol

Ah ok, you could try it now for future reference if you ever receive massive cravings again. But I don't want you to do something that ends up not working and risk the hard work you've put in to stay off fent. So back at square one. Sorry if my posts wasted ur time lol
No i think i could have made my thread a bit clear.

Yes I think if you take 2mg after having taken 0.5mg for a while you will probably get a little high, hopefully enough to scratch that itch and not go out chasing fent.

Let me know if it works for you, I’ve just got down to 2mg from 8mg bupe and my cravings have gone through the roof!! It’s always been a problem during treatment but currently all I think about is getting high again. Been using benzos to help take the edge off, but that’s gonna fuck with my piss test, and I’ve had problems with them in the past. I may have to up my bupe dose again, but I’m so fucking sick of that shit!!

Let me know if it works for you, I’ve just got down to 2mg from 8mg bupe and my cravings have gone through the roof!! It’s always been a problem during treatment but currently all I think about is getting high again. Been using benzos to help take the edge off, but that’s gonna fuck with my piss test, and I’ve had problems with them in the past. I may have to up my bupe dose again, but I’m so fucking sick of that shit!!
Yeah around 2mg is when it gets really hard especially going below 2mg, I jumped from 2mg to 1mg and it was a really though week. But then it gets easier again going from 1mg to .5mg i didnt really feel anything.

You've made so much progress. Don't do it. I suppose if you can make yourself just do a raised dose once for the sake of not going to harder stuff then I would snort/boof around 1.5-2 mg for a decent buzz but just remember that you will pay for it even slightly as you deviated from your routine.