• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

To counter the threat, the State of AZ changed its liberal gun laws to allow for the possession of concealed firearms, either without a permit or one that is easily obtainable- before you could legally carry a firearm in public so long as it was in a holster in plane view.
(

In MA you're more likely to get a permit to carry concealed than out in the open. Those that I know that have a concealed carry permit can actually be charged with "brandishing" if anyone sees their piece and feels "threatened". This could result in an assault charge too depending on the incident and will likely get your permit stripped from ya. You will never see a regular citizen walking the street with a openly holstered sidearm in this state. Apparently the MA state government prefers us to remain blissfully unaware. All these laws amount to nothing though as your average hardened criminals tend to choose illegally procured firearms. Hell even the knife laws are pointless as the vast majority of knife crimes are done with kitchen cutlery.

Chinup, that's pretty well par for the course for all US politicians. It's always one side versus the other. Come voting time most people I know tend to go with the lesser of the two evils, whomever that may be at the time.

Chinup, both parties are guilty of brainwashing. Both treat citizens like 2 year old (but in all fairness, our involvement in the political process by and large is that of a 2 year old). I am a Libertarian- to try to reduce the party platform- it is one of principles, dedicated to smaller government and avoiding intervention, foreign entaglements. They would legalize drugs. Ultimately, they try to stick to what this country was founded on, minimal government interference, personal freedom Put another way, to paraphrase someone from BL: the government is charged with protecting you from fraud or those that would do you harm, not from yourself.

Republican, democrat, they both have turned America into a whorehouse were our ideals, concessions, ect...are sold to the highest bidder (Political Action Committees AKA Lobyist). Government is big, big business in this country and the American people, and citizens in other countries (because of the extent of our influence on their political systems are getting ripped off).

What do you think of Cameron and friends, the Gov of the UK, the finacial shitstorm in Europe?

America is like a stuck pig bleeding out tax payers dollars.

i picked the republicans specifically as i haven't particularly notices the democrats coming out with quite the amount of bullshit. no 'death panels' or campaigns against vaccinations from them. it is this form of debate that i would find offensive- very little to do with the sort of policies that should be of greatest concern to presidential candidates, poorly veiled agendas and so many plain lies, without any obvious attempt to rectify them- probably as the US mainstream media is largely conservative so wont hold them to account?

am absolutely disgusted by our current and previous governments. cameron and friends are, as expected, looking out for their mates. they've just slashed the welfare budget my £6billion, but claim the £750m generated by the highest rate taxpayers isn't much money. the lib dems are getting, and deserve, a lot of bad press, but i am utterly relieved we have a coalition as i do think they are mitigating some of the damage the conservatives are doing. they have raped welfare, just past a bill which is the beginning of privatisation of the nhs. our civil liberties are a joke. basically, i want to jump ship asap.

and then i realise, we actually have it good in england compared to other countries....

as for the financial shitstorm in europe, its a difficult one. i personally am pro euro and pro the EU, and it is making that stance more difficult. i wouldn't want membership of the eurozone to come with loads of dictates about how to run your country, but i do think some countries have been slightly irresponsible and should possibly have been forced to take action sooner, and it seems unfair that people in other countries have to deal with the fallout.

i wouldn't want membership of the eurozone to come with loads of dictates about how to run your country
Well, you already surrender your sovereignty with regards to monetary policy by using the Euro. I think that membership of the EU should certainly be conditional on how you run your country (deal with corruption, human rights, the economy and so on).

JB, hanguns are illegal in the UK. Rifles aren't, but you need a license that's quite hard to get. Anyone can get a shotgun license pretty easily (as long as it holds three rounds or less). You can't carry a fixed blade knife or one with a blade longer than three inches unless you have good reason (i.e. you're a chef going to work).

yeah- its getting the balance right between making sure that the countries are all on a similar page and granting them their own sovereignty.

i probably should have said economy there- as all i really meant was there are various ways of running an economy without getting into lots of debt, and dictating which particular way for all members would seem stupid to me. the current shitstorm suggests tighter policies should have been in place, but as forecasting these things are so difficult its impossible to say it wouldn't have happened with more centralised control.

I've got a question for some of you London folk.

Do the CCTV cameras not feel like a complete invasion of your ass? According to Guardian some estimates say 4.2 MILLION cameras are watching you. (sorry for linking guardian I feel like im lying to you for citing them)

Is shit really THAT violent or dangerous? Even if it was, that would require trying to address social problems socially and not in some military-police state style.

Also how many of you show off your junk(not the smacking kind, the whacking one) in good nature to your friends on the camera?

In all serious though how do you UK peeps feel about those CCTV's. Is that BIG of an invasion of privacy worth the security benefits? and once again even if your guys threat is so large then surely there are better ways at ending a threat then by watching the movement of your citizens. This whole CCTV thing seems to have come about to stop terrorism of course but how often is actually used to stop terrorism. According to bullshit government anti-piracy laws help stop terrorism

Last edited:
whats wrong with the guardian? for a newspaper, i like it.

i'm not london folk, but...

yes, the previous government brought in all the cctv to protect us from terrorists or something. there were several ira attacks close to my home when i was young, and from what i know about those attacks cctv couldn't have prevented them. they aren't there to stop terrorism. they are just an infringement of civil liberties. its ridiculous. a lot of the images taken from cctv cameras are too blurry to be usable as evidence in court. i don't think the cameras act as a deterrent. it is just police state business really. the current government swore they were gonna get rid of a lot of the cameras but since the riots they've decided the cameras are useful.

i'm too mashed to say anything intelligent but have put a lot of effort into making this post vaguely coherent, lets hope it pays off.

i dunno. this countries fucked. the us is fucked. and we are the leaders of the free world. but where is our freedom?

@ Chinup: Freedom doesn't have to be an old antiquated concept- its there for the taking if we, as groopss internationally claimed it, On the Republican wing, you have more than a few bad apples. The 'tea party" is a "sick joke:- a sham populist revolution. But who has withstood the test of time is Ron Paul MD, honorable Congressman from some district in Texas. He has no real chance of winning but he is somewhat of an idealogue, and he's had a strong group of supporters over the years (he was presedentially candidate in the Libertarian party in 88') and has run in the primaries of the republican party ever since. He is for limited government and more freedom, basically returring this country to its roots. Yes, I agree with you, the republican party is governed by a big authoritarian wing.m Strictly speaking, these are not conservative values, but private interest and religious special interest gropus have subverted the party. it is divided in many factions.

Now we got Obama and his sdministration, earstwhile darling of the world. Though I don't agree with all of his policies, it would appear that in his cabinent, there are strong personalities that undermine his ability to excercize his role as commander in chief, head of the beaurocracy, ect....this includes hilary and her camp, the "waterbugs" around him, political appointees that helped him get to power. These are blood sucking politicians of the most rabid types, lying to people so long as their private agenda keeps going.

Georgie JR, for all his f-up- getting the US, Tony Blair and the UK, and other allies in a disastorous war in Iraq, ignoring Afghanistan, giving 2 Billion dollars to pakistan per anum so they could set up safe havens and fund our enemies (ISI sector 5 the conduits - do your research)in Afghanistan. Atleast he was shrewed enough to avoid the poppy growers so as not to alienate them. That was left to our UK allies- now the US is getting in the poppy burning business, not calculated to win "heart and minds". The bottom line is the sooner the US gets out of Afghanistan, the better. Can't speak for our other nato allies, but I've heard more than once those people just want to be left alone- AQ has been fragmented and threats are emerging elsewhere.

Honestly, the only one I trust is Ron Paul- he isn't a dynamic speaker, he is somewhat grandfatherly, but what he says makes sence, you get a sence you can trust the guy- noy one of the lying lawyers the infest Washigton.

I heard some good things about the UK independent party or Liberal democrats- but one or the others were tainted by allegations of racism (countrary to Ron Paul's philosophy that would let anyone who wants to work in this country, not necessarily extending free benefits to them.)

Anyway, the US is the economic engine, for better or worse, that drives Europe, otherwise we are looking at "BRIC" country bailouts- the emerging economies- and they come at a heavy price- real heavy, as meddeling as the US appears, if they step in, the EU countries will loose alot of autonomy and the USA won't seem like such a meddeling big brother in comparison. Brazil might be mellow but the other ICS, not so sure about.

If there are typos please forgive, don't have time to proof read

"our freedom comes in pill form- aint that the truth!"

My austrian exchange student buddy commented that american girls are seen as easy and slutty and that in europe they have higher esteem and hold out. Also your magazine air brushing laws seem really cool to me, we should adopt them.

I play a videogame with a lot of brits, and they told me basically all american food is readily available there except for our texican/mexican type foodstuffs. They also said none of them had tried mountain dew, dr. pepper, and universally theyd ask "What the hell is rootbeer" Also they really hate the thug gangster wannabees in england, where Im at the local slang is "wigger" not as in a wig, you get the idea. The lady soverign types.

My austrian exchange student buddy commented that american girls are seen as easy and slutty and that in europe they have higher esteem and hold out. Also your magazine air brushing laws seem really cool to me, we should adopt them.

That's a ridiculous generalization. I'd imagine that there are just as many repressed prudes as there are sexually liberated people everywhere.

What airbrushing laws are you talking about.

looks like they werent passed. Both france and GB were considering passing laws to stop or force magazines to label air brushed photos to protect womens self images.

Erent most Euro Birds more unihibited or have times changed?

i never heard of vernors so i doubt they have..

i take its like faygo?

Loved by ICP fans? Or juggalos or whatever it is they like to be called.

"Magnets, how the fuck do they work!" ICP