• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Get coating off oxycontin and crush for IN

geekgrl

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I have a few oxys with a kinda waxy pink coating. How do I get the coating off so they can be crushed properly? Thanks, I'm two weeks off IV so am learning other methods.

Is it just a waxy coating or is the full wax pills? If it's just the coating you can probably scrape the coating off with a razor blade, tedious i'm sure, but probably the simplest way.

Good on you for getting away from the needle, that's a great leap forward.

Ye it's just a coating, they are Deffo meant to be snortable. Thanks, feels like longest two weeks ever. X

With the old OC’s I’d put them in my mouth just for a second to get them wet then rub the coating off with your fingers or towel or something. You can use water too. It only takes a second as the outside coating quickly gets wet and can easily be taken off.

I do this method with a lot of pills that have coating.

-GC

I hear a hose clamp is a great way to peel OCs.

What I used to do was use a pill crusher and crush them ever so slightly. The coating would splinter (kinda like a hard boiled egg when you drop it on the counter or something) and it comes off in big chunks.

Probably not the easiest way to do it, just go with the hose clamp or what G said.

Also don't mean to bring syringes back into this but have you considered plugging? It involves an oral syringe, so it's not a needle. It will save your mucus membranes from being hammered with nasty pill powder.

I'm not sure of the safety on a long term scale but it seems, to me at least, to be much less harmful than any other ROA aside from oral and sublingual.

I don't mean to push it on you, if you're doing well with snorting then that's still a big step in the right direction.

Good luck, stay safe

Yeah i also used to lick and wipe. Those were the old school oxys though. I remember rinsing some of them in the sink to prepare for IV use and losing an oc80 down the drain.

Good job stopping IV drugs btw...

Goddamn I used to do so many OC’s that my fingers and shirts often were stained from constantly rubbing off the coatings lol. Good times.. Kinda..

Haha if that hurt you to read, my dad one time flushed bottles upon bottles of the old oxy 160mgs. He had two a day so 60 per bottle. You can imagine each bottle was worth thousands of dollars even back then.

-GC

Goddamn I used to do so many OC’s that my fingers and shirts often were stained from constantly rubbing off the coatings lol. Good times.. Kinda..

Haha if that hurt you to read, my dad one time flushed bottles upon bottles of the old oxy 160mgs. He had two a day so 60 per bottle. You can imagine each bottle was worth thousands of dollars even back then.

-GC

Reading that felt like watching someone kill a puppy