• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Genetically engineered Hemp?

User145667

Bluelighter
Is there anyway to genetically modify hemp flower into producing much high amounts of Delta 8 (or even Delta 9 for that matter)?

Is there anyway to genetically modify hemp flower into producing much high amounts of Delta 8 (or even Delta 9 for that matter)?
The same way that growers have crossbred high THC varieties. They could do the same with high Delta 9. Varieties high delta 8 varieties, it would just take a while.

It's not direct genetic engineering, it's the same thing that people have been doing with vegetable crops for the last 200 years since Gregor Mendel.

I think it's more interesting to genetically engineer yeast to produce diamorphine. The DEA alrready warned about this possibility some years ago. But so far it's above the skills of hobbyists afaik.

I think it's more interesting to genetically engineer yeast to produce diamorphine. The DEA alrready warned about this possibility some years ago. But so far it's above the skills of hobbyists afaik.

Yeah I used to have a post about that one. There was an article about them engineering yeast to make morphine at least, anyways. Also, they apparently engineered tobacco to produce cocaine instead of nicotine. That last one is what prompted to ask this question