View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Generic DXM Polistirex Syrup FTW

golego55

Bluelighter
Does anyone have love for DXM in the form of the title?

Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide just doesn't cut it for me.

I've tried two bottles of Robocough pills, Delsym 12 hour cough relief (polistirex but it was one of the inferiors for me), a couple brand name DXM Hydrobromide syrups. I have yet to try pure DXM powder and I'm definitely willing to wait.

People complain about the taste of syrup but the off-brand I buy tastes pretty great and doesn't upset my stomach. On the other hand Delsym 12 hour cough relief, which admittedly is a polistirex, has polyethlyne glycol 3350 which is in a delightful category known as laxatives: let me assure you that's about as fun as it sounds. The off brand has polyethylene glycol but it's not 3350, and that seems to make the difference between the laxative effect. I never knew that some cough medicines contained pg 3350 and that it was a laxative. It wasn't until I came across reviews of products containing it that I became aware. And let me assure you that the laxative effects weren't particularly well received by the majority of online reviewers for the cough products that contained it. Seems like the Hershey Squirts weren't much appreciated.

On to the whole "polistrex is half as potent and lasts twice as long compared to hydrobromide". That may be partially true. But I found the polistirex incredibly potent and maybe even seemingly more potent than the hydrobromide, although it did indeed outlast the hydrobromide chronologically (speaking of chronic, I have yet to try combining weed with DXM: the last time I tried weed I had one of the worst trips of any drug I've ever had - admittedly I have an anxiety condition which probably played a large part in the experience).

So to summarize I actually find the taste of syrup great, I don't enjoy the laxative effect of polyethylene glycol 3350, and Hydrobromide can kiss my ass. Polistirex wins hands down.

Now what do you have to say?

Maybe the slow orange version has a better DXM/ DXO ratio. I've only done robo gels and syrup like 15 years ago. Smoking was always awesome on that. We called it the "Christmas tree effect."

Maybe the slow orange version has a better DXM/ DXO ratio. I've only done robo gels and syrup like 15 years ago. Smoking was always awesome on that. We called it the "Christmas tree effect."
The time release causes your liver to metabolize it differently, since your liver can only metabolize so much DXM at once. Same reason you'll hear the advice to not take a full dose of regular DXM all at once and instead space your dose out taking ~75-100mg every 5-10 minutes until you reach your desired dose.

Syrup is nasty tho, and terrible for you. Especially terrible for your pancreas. There are some companies online that have started selling itty bitty DXM tablets that may as well be pure powder they're so small. That's definitely the healthiest way to take DXM these days (excepting ACTUAL 99% pure powder, of course)