• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine General Anesthesia Monday.

ts2042

Greenlighter
Going under general anesthesia monday morning for a few hours.

There is a party tonight and cocaine may be around, how worried should I be if I were to partake?

So today is Friday (where I am, as I type), and you have surgery Monday.

Well, depending on how much you partake, and depending on what the surgery is for, and a bunch of other unknowns, who knows?

I mean, if you're surgery is open-heart or to clamp an aneurysm, I'd say absolutely do not partake.

If you're getting wisdom teeth pulled and you're not brave enough to stick to just novocaine and need nitrous, I'd say you're probably fine. But I'm no anesthesiologist, those fuckers get paid. To put a mask on your face and ask you to count backward, then sit there.

Anyway, we both know you're going to partake. Just try not to go nuts, OK?

The cocaine has such a short half life that it probably affect your anesthesia in any noticeable way. The only concern would be surgical complications from cocaine side effects, but if it's just a minor procedure (eg wisdom teeth like scrof mentioned), that probably won't be an issue

It wouldn't be a minor surgery. It's 4 hours under general anesthesia to have a tumor removed from a ventricle in my brain.

I understand that half life and that it would probably have no effect on the anesthesia, but the fact that it is something major just makes me nervous.

If I were to partake definitely wouldn't go crazy, just have a little fun.

Off the top of my head I can't think of how it could cause a problem with your surgery since you're taking it a couple days in advanced, but that doesn't mean it's safe. With that type of procedure, you should avoid any potential risk factors, so I would recommend against it.

Thats what I've been thinking as well.

Doesn't hurt to play it safe, then really party when I'm recovered.

Y'know, there's kind of a U-curve of risk/outlook here. Wisdom teeth: meh, not safe, but not much concern. Lengthy hip replacement: can't see how it would hurt, but probably not a good idea.

Then there's the kind of major surgery where you say, this warrants a small party the Friday before. I think you're right whichever way you go, and good luck. The coke you save will be sweeter though, once you get through this.

I wouldn't do it. An anethesiologist once told me about a patient that lied about his cocaine use and suffered some kind of episode when put under that caused permanent damage