Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

GBL MEGATHREAD 6: The Germans didn't make Dan's

yoyo50

Bluelighter
Previous thread here

TBH sounds like you got shit GBL, i was or well still do drink alot more than is "normal" 50 units a day at my worst 6L frosty jacks topped off with a 35cl vodka or such, and id say 1.2ml you would feel the stuff i got i would never do that amount even with a tolerance i always do a hit and have a fag when i wake up 1.3ml~ at the most im sure if i done 1.8 i would be sick and prob go to sleep and im getting on for 14 stone, but i am 6'2 so i don't look so fat ;)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... did you just say you drink 50 units of alcohol a DAY???

I thought I was bad. And yeah, I doubt if your own alcohol tolerance is a factor in this, SS.

Yep, i think 3L frosty jacks is 22.5 units or something from iceland two for £7 so 6L so really it's easy to fall into that hole and at the time i had more money than sense that was a wild few months wake up with takeaways and not remembering etc but at the time still able to hold a convo, i can still drink 4-5 cans of tennents and be "normal" it's nothing to be proud of i have spent too much cash on drink and gbl at the worst i spent about 10k a month on GBL (wont go into details but yeah i didn't use it all myself) but with a basically unlimited supply around i went 8-9 months 24/7 and been through the withdrawals, fuck my doctor even got pissed off at me asking for baclofen (think he thought i was selling them or some shit) and told me it's last time he would give to me, so yeah anything thinking of getting into GBL don't it fucking sucks.

You're not still drinking 50 units a day are you YoYo?? I know you realise that is a helluva lot but even half of that is more than the recommended weekly allowance.

I know these figures err well on the side of caution but you should really try to reduce it, which again, im sure you already know this. Alcohol imo is one of the worst drugs out
Men should drink no more than 21 units of alcohol per week, no more than four units in any one day, and have at least two alcohol-free days a week
Hope that doesnt come across as condescending or owt, just out of concern :)

Frosty Jack with a small chemical tweak could probably be used for chemical warfare..

I'm still not getting the gbl hype, did 1.8ml yesterday and didn't feel an awful lot off it again. Either I've got a really high tolerance or my gbl is shite? I will admit I have a huge alcohol tolerance but I'm only a teeny little girl (7 stone 12ish, 5ft 4) so surely I shouldn't need so much to get any kind of decent effect?

what are you doing on the stuff, like going out, listening to muisc, watching tv, combining with stims? I found that it enhanced all that stuff, dpes sound like you to increase your dose a bit.

Ghb has an afterglow for me too but proportional to the previous' night fun rather than the g dose.
g is a very good enhancer but alone? Not much better than straight up alcohol imo (alone as in without doing actual fun stuff on it... sitting there waiting for a rush is no use)

i find it about ten times more euphoric than alcohol on its own, music sounds so much warmer and spanglier, alcohol generally doesnt make me 'sing' along to my favourite tracks at the top of my voice for hours on end.

TBH sounds like you got shit GBL, i was or well still do drink alot more than is "normal" 50 units a day at my worst 6L frosty jacks topped off with a 35cl vodka or such, and id say 1.2ml you would feel the stuff i got i would never do that amount even with a tolerance i always do a hit and have a fag when i wake up 1.3ml~ at the most im sure if i done 1.8 i would be sick and prob go to sleep and im getting on for 14 stone, but i am 6'2 so i don't look so fat ;)!

^ Yeah agreed, I hear a lot of people saying they need 2ml or 2.5ml or even recommending that to beginners and whenever I read that my first thought is shit GBL usually, because hell even 1.6ml of GBL would have me probably puking my guts up with a low tolerance. I couldn't dose over 1.5ml for quite a long time, went through like a couple months on GBL before I upped my dosage at all.

It's definitely worth baring in mind that this could be a shit batch if/when you buy anymore but I seem to remember people having quite wildly different natural tolerances and 'sweet spots' when gbl first became a big thing in the UK and vendors were generally selling good quality stuff so that could possibly be an explanation. (Although admittedly it's a little unlikely that you'd both have high natural tolerances!) Don't up your starting dose by more than .1 or .2 of a ml at a time as the boundary between feeling great and feeling a little nauseous and very sleepy can be very slim!

Ghb has an afterglow for me too but proportional to the previous' night fun rather than the g dose.
g is a very good enhancer but alone? Not much better than straight up alcohol imo (alone as in without doing actual fun stuff on it... sitting there waiting for a rush is no use)

I think its important to note the differences in effects between GHB & GBL here. I think I'd agree with what you've said above in reference to GHB but GBL is a much shorter and intense relative with a definite 'rush'!

When you find your 'sweet spot' you should be getting rushes of euphoria, music should sound amazing, food should taste incredible (and unlike with weed I'd find that healthy food was equally tasty!) and you'll be walking around with a smile fixed to you're face... (and of course sex can be incredible)

I miss the days I could take the stuff responsibly...

You're not still drinking 50 units a day are you YoYo?? I know you realise that is a helluva lot but even half of that is more than the recommended weekly allowance.

I know these figures err well on the side of caution but you should really try to reduce it, which again, im sure you already know this. Alcohol imo is one of the worst drugs out
Hope that doesnt come across as condescending or owt, just out of concern :)

Frosty Jack with a small chemical tweak could probably be used for chemical warfare..

I don't even think you need to tweak it! at worst now just 3L a day if not that then a 2-3 cans of tennents

Meh, this thread makes me jealous. G would so be my thing. Unfortunately so is food otherwise. Research tells me occasional fatties need not apply

(Although admittedly it's a little unlikely that you'd both have high natural tolerances!)

We both have high alcohol tolerance, might be a slight factor.

what are you doing on the stuff, like going out, listening to muisc, watching tv, combining with stims? I found that it enhanced all that stuff, dpes sound like you to increase your dose a bit.

Few times I've tried it I just did it in the morning (cos I normally drink later in the day) so I've just been chilling and listening to music or watching Supernatural or whatnot. Havent tried combining with stims yet because I wanted to get a feel for it on its own. Will try an increased dose at another point, wasn't expecting to need so much though because of being small and whatever but yeah maybe my stuff is shite (I don't know, I didn't buy it
wink.gif
). Think I'll start on 2ml next time and increase.

And 50 units of alcohol a day, jeez, thought my alcohol consumption was bad. Guess it probably isn't having so much of an effect after all :p

When you find your 'sweet spot' you should be getting rushes of euphoria, music should sound amazing, food should taste incredible (and unlike with weed I'd find that healthy food was equally tasty!) and you'll be walking around with a smile fixed to you're face... (and of course sex can be incredible)

Sounds like I better save my next go for when I'm not on my own eh
wink.gif

thats the thing with ghb/Bdo, its really an all-purpose drug for the most part..i can sit and watch a movie on it, or just listen to music on it by myself or take my dogs on a walk on it and enjoy nature..where it shines though is social gatherings and parties, meeting people..i have not taken anything else that compares to ghb when it comes to feeling closeness with other and it enhances socializing like nothing else...about the only thing i wouldnt want to do on Ghb is homework or tests of any kind..

that said, as much as ghb and analogues enhance certain things, i do notice that it seems to make these things even more boring when you are not on the substance..i think ghb does provide great pleasure but in return gives its users mild and in some cases severe anhedonia even after abstaining from long periods...has anyone been able to correct this 'pleasure deficit' problem??

that said, as much as ghb and analogues enhance certain things, i do notice that it seems to make these things even more boring when you are not on the substance..i think ghb does provide great pleasure but in return gives its users mild and in some cases severe anhedonia even after abstaining from long periods...has anyone been able to correct this 'pleasure deficit' problem??

Time and abstinence. From G, that is, not necessarily from everything else.

is this really gjb/gbl related though?
in the beginning everything seemed better on psychedelics/stims/dissos, and a lot worse than before without them... it all evenes out after a while. right about the same time you lose the magic probably :\
but yeah, abstinence and exercising control is where balance can be found

^^a week!?!?!?!geez, i abstained from opiates for a year and a half and still didnt feel pleasure..a week isnt shit...ghb must not be hard to kick after all..

i just downed 1.4 ml of gbl mixed with gatorade, barely even tasted it..then again, i barely tasted bdo when mixed with water..me thinks many of you are sissy boys when it comes to tasting sensitivities :) already feel the head buzz kicking in....peak effects for Gbl is about the 30 minute mark?

well i ended up taking about 1.4 mgs of gbl earlier today..i noticed right away that it is a much cleaner and 'clear headed' high as compared to bdo..i didnt feel the intoxication and wonkiness that i usually get from Bdo then again my gbl dose was low..i also noticed that the gbl buzz only seemed to last about an hour or so so now i understand why some people sip it all night long but i could see that being a problem when out in public..lol..i just think i will need to take more next time, ill try 1.6 mls, see what happens..i do have years of bdo use under my belt though so i think that is what some of the problem is..i noticed very mild stomach discomfort an hour or so after taking it but that was it..

GBL Megathread 6: Germans do it better

I don't think this is so much a GHB specific problem as it is a "drug you take every day during every day activities" problem. Look at people who smoke weed all day every day, who take opiates all day every day, who take benzos all day every day, who take Ketamine all day every day, *or* who take G all day every day. Everything seems less fun afterwards because you're used to experiencing "Fun + 500% extra euphoria", so "Fun" alone doesn't cut it anymore.

It's the same as if you spent an entire year just going on rollercoasters and base-jumping and doing other huge adrenaline rush based activities all day long and then tried to go back to sitting at a desk in an office typing up boring papers afterwards - you'd just be mind numbingly bored - when if you'd never spent the year doing that in the first place, you could have easily handled that desk job.

We sense everything in relatives to what we expect to sense and what we actually sense, and the same goes for experiencing things in general - if we're taught to expect unparalleled highs soaring through the sky then we'll drive ourselves nuts if we don't get them, it can take a long time to get used to a normal level of pleasure again when you've been treated to extreme pleasure daily for so long.

The only reason you see it more often with certain drugs than others, i.e. you don't hear many people talking about having it with LSD, while you hear a lot about it with GHB, or Weed, or Heroin - is because those latter drugs where you hear about it happening are those drugs that are comfortable to take every day all day. Most people don't take LSD all day every day, but it's not unusual to do that with GHB or Weed or Heroin.

The trick is just to avoid taking anything all day every day if you don't want it to have such an effect, and if you must take something all day every day then you better hope you're not going to run out any time soon..

That said as for a direct relation with G, I've heard of a lot of very long term abusers talking about not even getting proper euphoria/pleasure from other drugs after they abused G so much - so it's possible the dopaminergic interaction with the GHB receptor means that too much interaction with that receptor can have some nasty long term effects like that - but in terms of someone who's used for a few months daily or whatever you have nothing to worry about, I used the stuff daily for several months and I didn't even have a hangover when I stopped, most of it is just about expecting the high at that point and not actually any physiological changes that have occurred. (and any that have are minor at worst)

So yeah a little abstinence will work a charm, just combine it with doing other things to spice up your life if you don't want to be bored and lacking pleasure and such - i.e. go on a holiday, spend some more time with family you haven't seen in a while, go to a random town you've never been to and party there instead of your usual haunts, just do something to break your normal cycle and you'll find it a lot more fun because you're not spending the whole time thinking "Well this was always 10x more fun on GHB"

Last edited by a moderator:
^^good point ...i especially notice how Ghb/gbl amazing ability to enhance socializing, what causes this but its probably the main effect i like the most..

so far, 1.8 mls seems to be a nice dose for me, i could go higher but wont for now..it gives me a nice buzz without being intoxicated, i still feel very clear-headed and again, it makes socializing to be a very enjoyable experience ..i dont notice much euphoria but like others have said, u simply feel 'better' on it, your well'being is boosted, makes you feel more loose without feeling sloppy..the stuff definitely boosts confidence and really crushes anxiety WITHOUT crushing your sex drive like benzos..thats also another huge plus about Gbl/ghb, it doesnt hurt libido or does it reduce sexual performance..

a comment made earlier in ths thread talked about how ghb seemed to almost render other drugs useless after prolonged use..i agree, alcohol has zero effect on me, all it does is make me feel sluggish and shitty tbh..

only complaints about gbl are that i find it lasts about 1 hour and a half, i wish it lasted longer as i find that 'keep sipping on it' regime to be quite hard to do as gbl gives me the munchies and i have to eat, thus killing the buzz for future doses..i dont find the taste bad at all but it does seem to irritate my stomach a little bit..