• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc (GBL/GHB) withdrawal/neurotoxicity

Ovek

Greenlighter
Hey,

I'm currently trying to come off GBL once again. Been using it for 2 weeks currently and want to stop asap.
I've been withdrawing three times in the past. Twice 2x weeks and once about 6 month. Been also using it ocasionally since then. Often two days straight. About 3-4 times a year.

Been using pregabalin, amantadin and phenibut to get off. Was emotionally and psychologically always a smooth comedown but the one thing which is now lasting for two years is a tremor which doesn't seem to go away. It's no rest tremor and postural tremor. All parts of the body seem to be affected and comes to the foreground for example if I bite my teeth together or press my knees together. It also happens while doing squats and I feel uncomfortable while walking down any type of stairs. No doctor could tell me the possible reason for that. That's why I want to ask here: What could be the possible reasons for that kind of tremor which lasts for that long duration? My guessing is too high glutamat levels in the brain? The tremor slighty goes away while on GBL/GHB. But not with alcohol/phenibut. Another problem is that I think I've gotten a Tinnitus from GHB/phenibut usage. The symptoms worsen while coming off any GABA drug and becoming better while staying away for a few weeks of any GABA drugs, but never goes away completely.

Regarding my current withdrawal I'd like to hear possible options to reduce the neurotoxicity while withdrawing. I have access to all possible meds and trying to get the maximum positive results.

Currently my plan is using phenibut (GABA-B), clonazepam (GABA-A) and a NMDA antagonist. Been thinking about DXM. Just not quite sure about the possible dosage to achieve NMDA agonism?

I don't want taper of GHB due the proven toxicity with low doses. [ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19288974 ]

Day -01: 1500mg phenibut before sleep, last few doses of ghb
Day 00: 700mg phenibut 3x times, 2x 0.5 mg clonazepam, 2x 60mg DXM - stopping all ghb intake
Day 01: 600 mg phenibut 3x times, 2x 0.5 mg clonazepam, 2x 60mg DXM
Day 03: 500 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.5 mg clonazepam, 2x 60mg DXM
Day 04: 500 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.5 mg clonazepam, 2x 60mg DXM
Day 05: 400 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.5 mg clonazepam, 2x 60mg DXM
Day 06: 300 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.5 mg clonazepam, 2x 60mg DXM
Day 07: 200 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.25 mg clonazepam, 2x 60mg DXM
Day 08: 200 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.25 mg clonazepam, 2x 30mg DXM
Day 09: 200 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.25 mg clonazepam, 2x 30mg DXM
Day 10: 200 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.25 mg clonazepam, 2x 30mg DXM
Day 11: 200 mg phenibut 3x times, 1x 0.25 mg clonazepam, 2x 30mg DXM
Day 12: 100 mg phenibut 2x times, 1x 0.25 mg clonazepam, 2x 30mg DXM
Day 13: 100 mg phenibut 2x times, 1x 0.125 mg clonazepam, 2x 30mg DXM
Day 14: 100 mg phenibut 2x times, 1x 0.125 mg clonazepam, 2x 30mg DXM

Would be happy to hear some opinions. Thanks!

Last edited:
i´m currently just started a Phenibut taper from high dose, 10-15 gram a day. I tried GHB a couple of times and think a big dose of Phenibut feels just like GHB, but lasts longer so I understand it´s more easy to taper with Phenibut then with GHB.

Only been on it for two weeks though I think you be ok!

Don´t take any more phenibut then for two weeks though as the WD is worse (longer) then GHB.. From what I read and my own experience with Phenibut WD:s.

God luck!

Ovek, everyone is so fucking different , its a super hard call. i don't know what your G dosage is up to,but that would seem pretty relevant...not knocking on you but 100 rats in 2009 is not really a solid backing. I was up to 60 OZ.'s round the clock and it was a fucking nightmare,chasing sleep becomes surreal. and hallucinations and depersonalization and intense memory loss are real. Baclofen made me extremely ill. Gaba was OK but no cure all. Booze helped a shit ton,but now Im a drunk. Benzos are a slippery fucking slope. Its not childsplay. let us help you. keep tight..

That sounds complicated. I used GHB to sleep at night to improve my gains at the gym. I run it for a few months a year. Never had any problems stopping. I didn't even know if addictive