• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

🧑‍🌾 Gardening 🧑‍🌾 Gardening in General

Gardening
What did they find with the experiments?
That it works.

And now people are making a living selling these mostly very easy to take care of housing plant's. They have an language button right on the top.

https://www.airsopure.nl/

On the site below you can download an interesting PDF file about this subject. lots of name's that sound familiar: Musa (banana), Sansevieria, Chlorophytum, Dracaena, Spathiphyllum, Aloe. And I think they abused a Ficus to.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/19930073077

Last edited:
Our gardenia tree was being eaten by a mysterious unknown pest. I started using neem oil but it didn't do much. Eventually found out that snails gather in extremely large numbers at night and prey on very specific greenery. Going out at 1am seems to be a good time to kill them. Our tree is doing much better.
Its all about balance.

Any idea what going on underneath the ground?

Frosts in November finally killed off the courgette, but it made it to a spread of about 30 metres/100 feet in the end. Not bad for a plant only expected to spread 60cm lol.

bJqU331.jpg

Sup y'all, how are your gardens going?

It's been unseasonably hot in the UK this year which means the tomatoes got growing early and fast.

Agnetha (a hanging basket yellow tomato variety) is doing really well atm - she's got about 400 tomatoes hanging off her and we've already had maybe 80-100, they taste delicious:

tPjOqWN.jpg

Sup y'all, how are your gardens going?

It's been unseasonably hot in the UK this year which means the tomatoes got growing early and fast.

Agnetha (a hanging basket yellow tomato variety) is doing really well atm - she's got about 400 tomatoes hanging off her and we've already had maybe 80-100, they taste delicious:

tPjOqWN.jpg
welllll

what is up my guy?

I went to jail the night before I was set to plant soooooo uhhh, the garden kind of looks like shit tbh....

missed you buddy

• Sad
Reactions: CFC
welllll

what is up my guy?

I went to jail the night before I was set to plant soooooo uhhh, the garden kind of looks like shit tbh....

missed you buddy

oMFG :cry: PM incoming buddy :hear4t:

its winter time so i'm starting seeds for fun indoors at a north facing window. (southern hemisphere represent)
a few papaver somni strains that look like they are doing okay in coir/peat pellets, then lots of flowers and medicinals and herbs.
worm farm was a fun project to get into, which makes resources like food waste and cardboard i accumulate valuable.
i'll try get some photos of whats happening tmrw.

fergus says hi!
JWmbYlY.jpg

cornflowers in container because we have frosts coming up so can't get into the flower bed just yet.
0xOT7wc.jpg

purple poppies, seem ok, but i might need to fertilise because they look like they might need it, waiting for last frost to get into the ground.
gkNWtP9.jpg

I threw some papaver and California poppy seeds in the backyard, right now we mostly gave sour orange trees, agave, and some San Pedro's I'm just putting in. (the big purple bouganvilia arch is for lizards, snakes, pussy cats, and the occasional Osprey). I'll figure out where to put a shroomery, I already have a quail flock started but I'm trying to put in a small fresh fish pond for tilapia and the like but I don't know much about it. I'd like to reuse some concrete walkway for a bottom 18", have an outlet to a septic tank, hook up to water, a pump filter if I need it, then build up a burn so I can put in wild rice and rice, and other aquatic plants. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this.

I'm looking forward to quail on a spit with salt and pepper, with any kind of buttery mopping sauce available, and tilapia chile rellenos, just to start. I have a thing for quatres espice, giblets, and brandy that just won't go away. Maybe some nice white sauce with jalapeno for the Chile rellenos, tacos, enchiladas......

I'm betting we can make mean Nicaraguan tamales but there's some pretty fierce competition out there. We may need to put in a fresh herb garden to compete.

And we don't have a Meyer Lemon tree either, I think I'll start soaking some seeds tomorrow.

@CFC

Good to see you thought to resurface this thread, I also bumped some but thought that since community is so low-profile nowadays, marped to leave it somewhere lost between the shelves.

• Heart
Reactions: CFC
Gardening is second only to my dog as a source of joy in my life.

I always grow cannabis, tomatoes, hot peppers, and a few herbs. I usually have green beans and a couple other veggies too.

This year the heat/drought was hard on all my plants, especially the beans. But I still got plenty of tomatoes and a few peppers.

About half my weed was eaten by critters but I'll still harvest enough to give away a couple ounces and have plenty left over for myself.

I love Ma Nature!

hello!! for the first time ever i have a garden and its exciting.

i've put a lot of effort into it and results look good:

got some summer bulbs that i hope will flower soon too. i'm kinda also letting stuff i don't know what it is grow in case its something the previous owner had that regrows every year and is actuially nice. also being chill about dandelions as apparently they bring nutrients to the top of the soil. i want my garden to be pretty but not an ecological disaster, so kinda making it up as i go along. any tips would be appreciated.

passionflower was here when i got here, super chuffed with it. put in a clematis which was doing really well, but when it got hot the leaves all browned. i've put terracotta over the roots to try and keep them cool and it has some green shoots now so there's still hope.

very impressed with @Mysterie and @CFC

Agnetha (the blonde tomato) has been busy. Freida (the red tomato) is still miles behind. Benny (the cherry tomato) is also taking his sweet time.

bSFtvJJ.jpg

Gardening is my meditation my prayer my peace. I have over 40 plants in my bedroom alone lol.

this thread helped inspire me to finally get something in the ground this season. i'm off to a humble start with just a tomato plant but hope to branch out (no pun intended) next year.

fruiting:
midnightomato.JPG
I love these black heirloom tomatoes they have a sort of apple taste to them beautiful

I've put a ton of work into the garden over the last 6-8 months and it's now looking pretty sweet if I do say so myself. Need to take some pics before all the blossoms are over. It is taking quite a bit of watering, though, as we haven't had a drop in a month. Which is pretty freaky considering this used to be rainy Britain. Atm every day is cloud-free blue skies with temps now into the low 30C+/90F+.

qGr0i8l.jpg

H8XtrY2.jpg

vzGCrh0.jpg

pOIItYz.jpg

KMJtOUl.jpg

aPO2TlO.jpg

Can't say I'm very impressed with the camera on this new mobile, everything looks oddly distorted and a bit blurry. The last one is a new raised planter I made from scraps. Still got some bits to do cosmetically, but things are growing well in the meantime.

qGr0i8l.jpg

H8XtrY2.jpg

vzGCrh0.jpg

pOIItYz.jpg

KMJtOUl.jpg

aPO2TlO.jpg

Can't say I'm very impressed with the camera on this new mobile, everything looks oddly distorted and a bit blurry. The last one is a new raised planter I made from scraps. Still got some bits to do cosmetically, but things are growing well in the meantime.

beautiful! 😍💜💛