• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Garden States 2021: Ethnobotany, Conservation and Psychedelics (webcast on 5 Dec, 2021)

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
Hello everyone in AADD. I'm posting this information on behalf of my friends at Entheogenesis Australis or EGA. In a few weeks, EGA is hosting a day-long webinar event. The event is not free but attracts a small ticket cost, which helps keep EGA running (they are an excellent charity organisation that provides "opportunities for critical thinking and knowledge sharing on ethnobotanical plants, fungi, nature and sustainability"). You'll note I'm also on the program. It's going to be fun!

All the info you need is below, but feel free to ask questions!

A single day forum for cultivating ethnobotanical plants, knowledge, psychedelic research and community. Sunday the 5th of December.

Garden States 2021 is a special, day-long webcast fundraiser consisting of unique live and prerecorded lectures and discussion panels. For this event, Entheogenesis Australis have curated a selection of the finest international and local psychedelic and botanical minds.

This webcast will keep the fire burning for next year's much anticipated physical gathering. Our presenters and contributors are donating their valuable time and energy to show support for EGA. We hope you will also consider supporting us and being part of this important day of ethnobotanical knowledge sharing.

EGA Program - LECTURES
  • Giuliana Furci - Conservation of Fungi
  • Renee Harvey - Psilocybin-Assisted Therapy
  • Anya Ermakova - Entheogenic Conservation: Protecting naturally-occurring psychoactives
  • Sam Gandy - Psychedelics & Nature Connectedness
  • Bruce Pascoe - The European Mind
  • Monica Barratt - Encrypted communications, digitally mediated drug trading, and psychedelics
  • Martin Williams - Beyond Psilocybin: The clinical potential of other psychedelics
  • Stephen Bright - MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy: An overview of international & local research
  • Carl Smith & Melissa Warner - Cyberdelics: Context engineering with psychedelics to develop altered traits
OTHER CONTENT
  • Rick Doblin - MAPS projects update
  • Marg Ross - St Vincent's psilocybin-assisted therapy for end of life
  • Caine Barlow - Species spotlights on Australian psilocybin mushrooms
  • Liam Engel - Species spotlights on mescaline cacti
  • Ethnobotanical Conservation Discussion Panel - Seed thieves or seed keepers?
  • Grok this Sound and Vision Wokshop (DJ Krusty and VJ Mandala)
Key Info

Tickets: https://www.trybooking.com/BUWUW
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/568315464448700/
Date: 5th December 2021

@Tronica
Hey Tronica,

How did it all go today?

I am just seeing this post now and shattered i missed it.

There is a huge number of topics listed that I'm very interested in.
Including yours: Monica Barratt - Encrypted communications, digitally mediated drug trading, and psychedelics.
I don't suppose there's any recordings of any of the presentations? Both encrypted communications and digitally mediated drug trading are right up my list of interests.

I hope it all went well!