• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Gaboxadol

ManRider, hearing from ham it's very likely we both have ibotenic acid after all.
Weirdly the sample originating from the same place showed it as analysis result AND it was indeed reported to produce drowsiness at such a dose as you took.

I haven't read about ibotenic acid's potential to do that, you probably haven't either hence our disbelief... but I am personally let this one go until I get a chance to decarboxylate and feel it's really better to assume it is IA even without first-hand confirmation.
Now that I think of it though, wasn't IA quite incapacitating in doses even a few times higher than 10 mg? Perhaps I am confused with muscimol that has the ability to put you down and produce lucid dream-like experiences that are blurry in the memory...

About alcohol and sleep: I was thinking about creating a thread here or at BDD about alcohol and sleep. At some doses it can put one down or help with sleep (very high or very low doses resp?) but at medium doses it can make it harder to drift off, does that sound right? I'm curious about that relation but should really not derail this thread :\

Last edited:
what convinced you?

i do vaguely remember reading that you can get ibotenic acid in germany as a sleep aid, but i don't know if that's true... in the same source i also read that people will heat it with water in a spoon and drink it in order to get high...hmm

How about another test? Measure out what would be a small but appropriate dose for muscimol, then decarboxylate (boil in water for 5 minutes??) and consume.

What do you think?

Ibotenic acid will of course undergo metabolism to muscimol, let that not be forgotten.

Not at all confident either, that its BBB penetrance is as bad as is thought, some aminoacids that would otherwise be much too polar, or have other reasons not to get through, do so via active transport.

Choline for example, its a quat, so sure as hell it isn't getting in there otherwise, but it does, active transport there again, it gets uptaken deliberately, and I have a distinct feeling that ibotenic acid may well do so as well.

Muscimol is the psychotropic orthosteric GABAa/GABAc agonist, ibotenic acid is the glutamatergic excitatory neurotoxin one that blows holes wherever i goes :\