• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin

Jerrus

Greenlighter
just wandering if taking the powder out of the gaba capsule is a good idea or not. would it make it work faster or is it just a waist of time. sorry if its a dumb question.

Last edited:
Hey Jerrus, a 13 year member, nice.

So gabapentin is taken up by the amino acid transporter and it can get saturated quite quickly. Taking the powder out of the capsules probably won't hinder absorption, but it certainly won't help either. Actually a small snack or a little glass of milk can increase absorption by about 10% as odd as it might seem. The idea is to get a kinda controlled release into your gut with either a small meal and/or stacking, taking a dose every 20-40mins so the AA transporter can handle it without wasting any due to AA transporter saturation. Hope that helps, remember GP tolerance soars very quickly so save for special occasions if this is recreational use.

Is gp an opiate? If is what kind of pain is it prescribed for I'm just wondering because someone I usually buy codeine off didn't have any but said it I brought some gp pills they would have me buzzing and he would get the codeine for me tomorrow I thought fuck that I don't know it's about the pills and told him to speak to me when he had the codeine the next day which he never did as I expected..

Gabapentin is a gabaergic drug that works downstream through voltage gated calcium channels vs a direct site on the GABA-A receptor. It sways the GABA / Glutamate seesaw in favor of higher gaba levels which feels similar to a mild benzodiazepine. It's not an opioid and has a very high therapeutic index meaning it's much safer then most other sedatives. Some people become sedated and others become paradoxically stimulated similar to how one might feel after a couple drinks when there's more of an up feeling then down.

It's excellent for opioid withdrawal and certain types of pain like post-herpetic neuralgia or neuropathy from diabetes. The major drawback is that it's poorly absorbed in large amounts and has an issue with quickly skyrocketing tolerance.

Removing the powder from the capsule will make very little difference at best....more than likely no difference.

There's really no way to speed up absorption. Fact is, Gabapentin is a substance that just takes awhile to take effect- there's no way around this so just plan ahead. Shouldn't be so difficult.

If you want to get more out of your Gabapentin, however, eating a meal with it significantly increases bioavailability, as does a normal medicinal dosage of naproxen, as well as staggering your Gabapentin dosage. Each and every one of these 3 actually do make a tremendous difference, even on their own. Undoubtedly worthwhile practices if utilizing Gabapentin for anything.

-PA

I know that some people got out the powder of pregabalin capsules and snort it, specially in jail mixed with heroin, methadone or benzos. I never had known it with gabapentin but I yes know of people that take orally high doses of gabapentin inside the capsules. Gabapentin is not good for other ROA than oral. Take 2-3gr of gabapentin orally in its capsules. In high doses gabapentin produces wellbeing, dizziness and alcohol like buzz that can be higher mixing with weed or hash

Yeah but you can't take more than 800mg in any 45min period or you lose half to your toilet. Amino Acid transporters can only handle so much at a time and the rest just keeps on going through your intestines. 400mg every 20-30mins is about as aggressive as one can dose and not waste a ton. Check the Pfizer website on non linear absorption profiles.

Hi! What kind of high do you get from gabapentin? I take 400 mgs 3x a day for fibromyalgia but I'm looking for a buzz tonight before i go on an all grown family road trip tomorrow. I also have prescription naproxen as ive read that seems to help. I don't do recreational drugs very often but when i do i prefer cocaine so i was hoping for a high like that without the next morning lack of sleep hangover

Hi! What kind of high do you get from gabapentin? I take 400 mgs 3x a day for fibromyalgia but I'm looking for a buzz tonight before i go on an all grown family road trip tomorrow. I also have prescription naproxen as ive read that seems to help. I don't do recreational drugs very often but when i do i prefer cocaine so i was hoping for a high like that without the next morning lack of sleep hangover

Not going to happen (mega dosing GBP, which is what you'd have to do to get high from it, is nothing like a cocaine high). Furthermore...

If you take 400mg 3x/day already you'll have to take many, many pills to really feel anything. Which will waste your prescription. Not worth it.

Visit erowid or our Trip Reports forum if you want to see experience reports of people mega dosing gabapentin. Not the most dangerous thing in the world, but if you are taking it because you need it for fibro then you really might want to reconsider.

BL isn't for people to learn how to get high, it's for people to learn how to decrease risks of their drug use. There is always the search engine, and questions relating how to get high about most every drug have been asked and answered numerous times across the interwebs for about a decade or two.

Why not just smoke some weed or something? Or have an orgasm? Go on a date? Eat at a nice restaurant? Or get a quality massage? That's all essentially the same thing as a drug, and not much more expensive than cocaine (if not cheaper).

GBP (gabapentin) is nothing like cocaine.

Apologies if I'm being brusk. I really need to poop :|

God you people are idiots. Gabapentin ( aka neurontin ) Lyrica and Phenibut are all very similar. It doesn’t get you “high” but you can tell you took it. Not even close to as good as Benzos or even alcohol. As far as great for opiate withdrawl...what fucking planet are you on? Explain to me how a drug that doesn’t affect opioid receptors is supposed to help with withdrawl....god...fucking moron. It has absolutely nothing...and I mean ZERO to do with opiates. Frankly the shit is pretty useless and I wouldn’t even waste my time on it, but if you’re hell bent on giving it a shot then head on down to your local head shop or dot head gas station and pick up some “sleep Walker”. It has phenibut in it.

^I agree that said medicines are very similar. Still, all of those (the exception being alcohol) are potentially important comfort meds (pregabalin may or may not be appropriate given the circumstances) when it comes to opioid detoxification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Explain to me how a drug that doesn?t affect opioid receptors is supposed to help with withdrawl....god...fucking moron.

The degree to which gabapentin and lyica help with opiate wd is astonishing. No other comfort med comes even close, except maybe possibly benzo's, which are a little better for sleeping while in WD but won't make you feel as normal. I know its counter intuitive but its true.

I am prescribed Gabapentin currently (my RX's are always changing haha) and I can confirm that for ME there IS a buzz if USED SPARINGLY. I have been clean off of benzos (yay me) for around 4 months now (fucking miracle) and the buzz is definitely like .5mg of xanax yet not as intense. THERE IS DEFINITELY GABAERGIC ACTION HOWEVER IT IS VERY SLIM, I find gabapentin to be very relaxing.

Yea, they moved anyone on any opiates to GP in prison. Some liked it and others sold it to those that liked it. I personally liked it and most definitely got buzzed when I would take it after dinner. Definitely made the evening go quicker. Although I haven't had it in years.

I haven't used GP recreationally for over a month so tonight I gave it a shot. After dinner at 6PM I took 1 gram & then another gram at 7PM. It is now 9PM & I feel very stoned in quite a pleasant way. I have a Rx for 600 mg/day but only take 400 mg, so I save up the extra for nights like tonight when I can get a buzz.

I always take it out of the capsule because I am vegetarian and I don't want to eat that crap.

Staggering the doses is supposed to work, so I usually take 150mg every 30 minutes, taking 600mg in total (quite a low dose).
Honestly it doesn't appear to work any better than taking two at once but I do it anyway just in case.

I would recommend that you absolutely do not underestimate the rate at which tolerance can rise, it is quite astonishing.

When I first got hold of it, I could take 2 capsules and it was amazing, I felt very motivated and happy to do lots of stuff.
Sometimes I'd take it for 2 days in a row and it seemed just as good the next day.

Now, however, I take it only once every 10 days or so and the effects are not even close to how they were to begin with.
I have only taken it about 10 times in total.......
It is still nice but much less euphoric. I should probably take a month break or so and see if that helps.

Yes, I agree with you on the tolerance. I skip at least a month between getting stoned & it seems to work. Interestingly, an hour after I took the first gram I felt stoned before I took the second gran.

It would be nice to have GP in a sustained release form so dosing could keep up with the transporter & minimize the wasted GP.

I take the extended release gabapentin, Gralise. Mine is 600 mgs and I take it at night after dinner. I've been on this dose for quite a while (300 mgs for a year or so and 600 mgs for about 2 years, maybe more) and it still works great for me. It stops all the nerve burning and pain so I can relax and watch tv.