• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin specific question about dose- pls answer if you can tonight, going to be taking them.

I’m not harping, I do understand. But in 5s states here in the US their controlling it. And my last doctor said within the next five years it will be controlled. That’s sucks for ppl like me he need it.

I do understand, I’ve myself have boasted of how high I got off of it.

I was looking at a Medical Doctor forum and one doctor said he was confused that he was prescribing klonopin but the woman was asking for early refills for gabapentin.

Then one person or another doctor copy& plasters something from BL and the doc took her off of it.

I get it. It’s a high that is very hard to put in words but I need this. I told the doctor never prescribe me benzos. I would rather be anxious then ever go thru what I did in 2017.
it may be eventually controlled which it is here in the uk,and recently been upped again but if your doctor is prescribing it now why would he not prescribe it when it’s controlled?? makes no difference at all

If In the future I have to change docs im not going to want some right wad not prescribing it.

I
Yes, those are potentiation questions they are allowed. They don't fall under the bedt bang for my buck cases most of the times
i wasnt asking how to get the best bang btw i worded it poorly, i wanted to know the best way to take gabapentin for its bioavailability to avoid any issues with dosing buuut i did get a good bang, 4 days later i finally passed out into a gabaergic coma earlier

I dont reccomend anyone recreate my useage or dosage as i am very tolerant to these substances.

it may be eventually controlled which it is here in the uk,and recently been upped again but if your doctor is prescribing it now why would he not prescribe it when it’s controlled?? makes no difference at all
er because doctors can prescribe controlled drugs.it makes no difference at all!!! he can still prescribe the same medication

No problem, i could smite your pipe if you want, better vaporisation. But you have to share a few licks

I know that there aren't many people on BL from Turkey but I would like to add that they've put Gabapentin on the highest controlled drug list in Turkey with medications (they call these Red Prescriptions here, benzodiazepines are under Green Prescriptions which is a level below) such as Fentanyl, morphine, Ritalin and so on.

I actually communicated with this other Turkish/Kurdish guy for a long time here on BL and practically all we discussed were the differences in prescription guidelines. This was years ago, so it's probably irrelevant now. When I was living in Istanbul I could only describe the "potentially dangerous and addictive" prescription drugs as being "available". While I was there, (similar to Iraq) for instance, Methylphenidate (Ritalin) = totally fine, Captagon (fenethylline)/Amphetamines = totally bad. It goes to show what a difference public hysteria can make in terms of how "bad" a drug is. I remember with a vague fondness buying 10 and 10 blisters of Diazepam and Methylphenidate respectively most days before class.

We could give babies Gabapentin (Neurontin) and feed their expectant Mother's Pregabalin (Lyrica) and it would probably be a net gain. I am exaggerating, but seriously, as harmful drugs go, this shit is harmless. If you're asking whether an Alcoholic who's addiction could be replaced by Pregabalin, doesn't deserve to try it due to issues of potential psychological addiction, well. That's crazy. That same Alcohol that they buy "over the counter" will melt their brains long before negative consequences of Gabapentinoids have a chance to come forth.

This is the only thing that scares me about Gabapenyin.
High doses of gabapentin were associated with pancreatic acinar cell tumors in male Wistar rats. There is one published epidemiological study of gabapentin and cancer. ... The only cancer that met the screening criteria for possibly increased cancer risk with gabapentin exposure was renal (including renal pelvis) cancer.Dec 6, 2011
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc
Risk of cancer in patients exposed to gabapentin in two electronic ... - ...

Also since I've been abusing gabapentin heavily the last 3 years and some alcohol on the side.Ive had pancreatitis 3 times

High doses of gabapentin were associated with pancreatic acinar cell tumors in male Wistar rats . Also since I've been abusing gabapentin heavily the last 3 years and some alcohol on the side.Ive had pancreatitis 3 times

Alcohol exerts toxic effects on the intracellular metabolism of pancreatic acinar cells, resulting in pancreatic lipid accumulation, fatty breakdown, cellular necrosis, and fibrosis. Alcohol is also said to increase the lithogenicity of pancreatic fluid, resulting in stone formation. Long-term contact between stones and pancreatic epithelial cells can lead to scarring as well as cause an increase in pancreatic duct pressure by blockage of ducts as mentioned earlier. Other medications such as nortriptyline and gabapentin may be necessary in providing neuropathic pain relief, especially if pancreatic nerve involvement is considered

This is the only thing that scares me about Gabapenyin.
High doses of gabapentin were associated with pancreatic acinar cell tumors in male Wistar rats. There is one published epidemiological study of gabapentin and cancer. ... The only cancer that met the screening criteria for possibly increased cancer risk with gabapentin exposure was renal (including renal pelvis) cancer.Dec 6, 2011
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc
Risk of cancer in patients exposed to gabapentin in two electronic ... - ...

That's interesting, meaning the medical angle, not your suffering. I have heard that Pancreatic issues are among some of the most painful. I admittedly was completely unaware of this angle. It would be really appreciated by myself and the community if you could elaborate a little bit on this topic in regard to your personal experience. I imagine this is unrelated, but I and others I've spoken to have had issues with very, very high dose Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Phenibut (OTC Supplement). I only abused Phenibut for a brief moment, but as many others did before me, I ended up exponentially increasing my dose within a matter of days. I ended up with a severe electrolyte imbalance as a result of (I think) the acidic nature of the Phenibut.

One of the hallmarks of the entire Gabapentinoid class is the rapidity at which tolerance increases. I think that this presents unforeseen problems for the community associated with, for instance, what happens when you consume thousands of grams of binders/fillers in a short period of time. Interesting. Hopefully more information coming soon on this one!

That's interesting, meaning the medical angle, not your suffering. I have heard that Pancreatic issues are among some of the most painful. I admittedly was completely unaware of this angle. It would be really appreciated by myself and the community if you could elaborate a little bit on this topic in regard to your personal experience. I imagine this is unrelated, but I and others I've spoken to have had issues with very, very high dose Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Phenibut (OTC Supplement). I only abused Phenibut for a brief moment, but as many others did before me, I ended up exponentially increasing my dose within a matter of days. I ended up with a severe electrolyte imbalance as a result of (I think) the acidic nature of the Phenibut.

One of the hallmarks of the entire Gabapentinoid class is the rapidity at which tolerance increases. I think that this presents unforeseen problems for the community associated with, for instance, what happens when you consume thousands of grams of binders/fillers in a short period of time. Interesting. Hopefully more information coming soon on this one!
Well I've been taking high doses of Gabapentin for the last 6 years, I'm also mildly overweight and drink occasionally.Well 2 years ago I had my first case of pancreatitis (it was sickest I've ever been and could ever imagine getting)at the time I had been doing no drinking.My amylase levels were through the roof and all the Drs thought I was an alcoholic.They even treated me for DTs.At the time I had been taking massive dose of Gabapentin every day for the last 3 months .Probably about 6 grams a day of Gabapentin.I also was eating pretty unhealthy.Im about 80% the Gabapentin or the inactive ingredients played a role in the pancreatitis but I'm not sure.In the next two years I got it two more times.The worse time I ever got it I had taken alot of gabapentin on top of alot of alcohol.Ended up in the ER waiting room and went to the toilet and was so sick that they had to come into the stall and carry me off the toilet.