• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin....capsules or tablets??

Braley

Bluelighter
Hello I suffer from social anxiety really bad. I am thinking of trying Gabapentin. I have heard this works. Can someone tell me if the capsules are better than tablets? Also what is a good milligram to start out? Thanks for all your help.

No advantage of tabs or caps really. Probably 200-300mg twice to three times daily to start. Anecdotally, gabapentin seems to be effective but the data is lacking, fwiw. Good luck.

Gabapentin completely eliminated my social anxiety. It also seemed to give me a cognitive boost, which increased fluidity in social situations. It allowed me to make some moves in my life that I would not have executed otherwise. 6 years later, however, I am back to square one.

When I got a prescription, I think it was 300 mg per day. I am now on 300 mg 5 times per day. I have only ever taken capsules.

They have become addictive. Eliminates most anxiety. I would recommend Tablet form. Most pharmacies will carry capsules, but to me they're just gazebo. Go with tablets. It's for seizures mostly, but helps anxiety