• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin; A Comprehensive Recreational Guide.

Taragoola

Greenlighter
There is a tl;dr (too long didn't read) at the end of this post for those of you uninterested in the entire thing. I've also numbered the paragraphs and said a bit about each one in case you're looking for specific information.
1. How I was introduced.
2. How much to take.
3. Methods of taking it.
4. What it does/how it feels.
5. Combos.
1) After finding a bottle of the stuff randomly stowed away in a drawer, and searching the web for info, I found mixed opinions about it. The general consensus seems to be that it is simply a drug for neurological pain, prescribed for fibromyalgia with no recreational value whatsoever. There are a few people out there who use it recreationally, and their comments led me to try it. The reason for posting this is that, while I have seen posts about its recreational value, there has been no real in-depth explanation as to the effects of the drug or any other general information. I plan on blowing the lid on this magical secret.

2) When initially researching this drug I saw a lot of of negative feedback about gaba, mostly from people saying things like "I take 600mg of it and it doesn't do anything!” This would be because that isn't enough. A possible downside to recreational gaba use could be the fact that you have to take so much of it. The reason for having to take so much being the poor absorption rate of gaba, or so I assume. A good starting dose for recreational purposes seems to be 1-3 grams. My first trip being 3.5g and I weigh about 165lbs, (which when reading about it seems a staggering amount of anything to consume.) As gaba comes in 300-600mg tablets (and seem to come in huge bottles), it really isn't a hassle.

3) As with any drug, there are a few ways to get gaba into your system. I'll run down the one's I've tried. Most obvious is just swallowing the capsules. This is my favorite method as the only thing required is putting them in your mouth and swallowing them. When taking gaba in any method you should drink something carbonated and eat a bit of food, as it will speed up absorption. Another method is to pull the capsules apart and snort the powder. There is a large amount of powder in each capsule which makes this method difficult. Another downside to snorting is the drip. It’s the worst I’ve ever experienced. (and I’ve railed quite a few things) Since you can snort it you can of course parachute it or pour it into a drink (drinking it tastes like shit). These methods aren’t bad because you don’t have to worry about digesting the capsules so it works a bit faster. DO NOT attempt to IV gabapentin.

4) Now that we have the technical shit out of the way let’s get to the good stuff. This drug is completely fucking insane. Now after ingesting the gaba you’ll start feeling the come up in about 40 minutes to 3 hours depending upon how you took it. The come up is crazy, though on occasion there is a tiredness that must be fought through. Everything feels new and confusing. (I spent 5 minutes trying to remember how a doorknob works) Movement also feels new and because of that dancing is quite fun. There are a few “stages” of gaba, and they come in completely random order. Once it really starts kicking in there are rolling waves of euphoria. (My first trip it rivaled the euphoria of MDMA) The “What the FUCK?!” feeling stays throughout, but is rather pleasant. There is also a strong feeling of drunkenness so of course there’s quite a bit of staggering about. Fortunately there is no nausea or vomiting that comes with actually being drunk. There is a stage of being extremely stimmed up in which dancing and just generally moving about is wonderful. There is also stage sedation (such as xanax would give). Lying about and listening to music is best here. Another thing to note is that when far enough in there are dxm-like close eyed visuals and occasionally there are open eyed flashes and bursts of color. Also, gaba will give you the munchies, so be prepared. Be aware that while on gaba pain will be greatly dulled, or at times completely deaden it. Don’t do anything stupid. You could injure yourself and not even know it.

5) We’ve gone through the good stuff so now let’s go into how to make the good into great: Combos. Weed, of course, is good with about anything. Surprisingly the best thing to combine with gaba is alcohol. I’m not saying to get yourself shitfaced. (not to mention that if you get too drunk it will overpower the gaba) But a shot or two, or a beer will bump it up to a whole new level of awesome. Ritalin is another great thing to combine with gaba. It brings the euphoria up quite a bit and will also help you get through the sedation stages. Another is Lyrica. Lyrica is the drug that is now used in place of gaba and it does the same thing except that the absorption is better. Lyrica makes me feel stupid and in combination with gaba it really becomes a trip. The last thing I’ve tried in combining with gaba is MDMA. For me this wasn’t a great combo. It brought down the euphoria of the MDMA. While that was what happened to me I’ve heard from others that it increases their euphoria and can lengthen a roll. The combo is good for an MDMA comedown as it just eases you into the gaba trip and you feel no sadness as can sometimes happen with MDMA comedowns.
tl;dr: Gaba is an amazing drug. Pop the capsules or parachute the powder within them. Take 1-3 grams. There’s euphoria, a feeling of stimulation, sedation, and drunkenness. You should really give it a try. It truly is a wonder drug.

Gabapentin is on my too do list. I'll titrate upwards until I reach the sweet spot, say 1800 mg, then 2400 mg, 3000 mg or how up to how much it takes. Good idea. Will take on an empty stomach and with carbonated drink such as cola too aid absortion.

Search my posts for an en even more 'comprehensive' guide to gabapentin (neurontin). OD isn't really the place for this, though. This will probably get closed though I'll leave it open for a bit so your 'magical lid' stays open for a short while.

Thanks!

I have tried this but i took around 2.5g's and didnt really feel much of this. Would mixing it with cyclobenzaprine increase effects? I read a thread here that it does.

Im happy that at least somebodys getting something good from gabapentin! I was prescribed this for trigeminal neuralgia and couldnt tolerate it at all. Even at tiny doses of 300mgs it gave me slurred speech and severe stomach pain and didnt touch the neuralgia.
Pregabalin however doesnt give me any bad side effects and while still useless for my chronic pain, is wonderful for anxiety and restful quality sleep.
The only issue i have OP, is advising the use of alcohol with gabapentin. In the interest of HR, i have to say that alcohol isnt advised even in small quanties with this drug or pregabalin as it can lead to added sedation, that can even lead in rare cases to comas. Apoart from that OP, a good read that i enjoyed.

I've been looking around, but haven't been able to find any info on how it is to combine gabapentin or pregabalin with psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms?

It will probably cut the edgy part of Psychedelics down a little bit due to its anti-anxiety and sedative properties.
Like with Uppers Gabapentin/Pregabalin are a nice addition for diminishing the side effects and comedown so I just transfer this behavior to Psychs.
There is no apparent contraindication I am aware of.

Thanks :) I'll be recevieng some soon so I might be trying a combo with miprocin or 2CB. We'll see....

You are welcome :)
I think 2c-b is a nice idea since the bodyload can be unpleasant. I too have some of this and a few Gabapentin capsules left.
If you try the combo I would be interested in a little report. Have fun.

This is GREAT!!! I have been searching all over the Internet for something like this. However, the info I most want, you didn't cover: what substances can I take that will potentiate the gabapentin?? I've heard of Aleve or soda or coffee...but I'd like a list of things to try. Also what about spacing of dosages? Do 300 mg every 30 mins or 400 mg every 45 mins? What's the magic formula? I'd love to know what has worked in the past for others.

300mg every 2hrs would be more sensible if your a non-tolerent user, as gabapentin takes a couple hrs to peak.
Take it with a light meal as well because food aids gabapentins absorption.
Gabapemtin will increase the effects of all cns depressants (and vice versa) but particularly benzos and opiates, so be careful with that combo. I would aviod alcohol altogether, that way blackouts lie in wait.lol

Gabapentin is on my too do list. I'll titrate upwards until I reach the sweet spot, say 1800 mg, then 2400 mg, 3000 mg or how up to how much it takes. Good idea. Will take on an empty stomach and with carbonated drink such as cola too aid absortion.

Stuff that absorbs fast on an empty/acidic stomach are my favorite, I always got acidic stomach lol

Gabapentin potentiators IME
1. Naproxen
2. Carbonated drinks
3. Capsaicin
4. Stagger Dosing

I eat 300mg every ten minutes until I reach 4800mg

I didn't even know GABA was a thing to try. There's a ton in here in my house. Lol.

I've never tried it, how would you recommend a non tolerant (to GABA) user start off with. I only take opiates, so I don't know if this'll affect the amount of gaba I have to take.

Gabapentin potentiators IME
1. Naproxen
2. Carbonated drinks
3. Capsaicin
4. Stagger Dosing

I eat 300mg every ten minutes until I reach 4800mg

I didn't even know GABA was a thing to try. There's a ton in here in my house. Lol.

I've never tried it, how would you recommend a non tolerant (to GABA) user start off with. I only take opiates, so I don't know if this'll affect the amount of gaba I have to take.

Great information listed, yet I just can't do Gabapentin. The side effects are way harsh on me. I have access to tons of them as well.
Like I stated, Great info. listed. :)

My comprehensive guide to recreational Gabapentin:

Step 1: Get Lyrica instead...

And that's pretty much it... :)

Holy crap!!! I took 900mg (first timer) of this about an hour ago and forgot I took it... only to feel like a robotic drunk monkey when I realized what was going on. At the moment I feel pretty good, everything's vibrant but fuckkkk me, did not see that coming! Thanks for the info all!

I'm in your shoes too dude. I took about 900 mg's (im about 165lbs) and I feel pretty awesome. When I experiment I usually start slow and figure out wtf is going on first ( I got ambushed by the up coming wave as I forgot I took it). Some folk on here seem to take super high doses but I'm sure they started slow first IMO.

hi, this is the first gabapentin thread I saw on the forums, and I have a kinda serious question possibly. on a whim, I took 9200 mg about around 7:30-8:00, and now its 3-4 hours later, and ive smoked sore regular weed, not medical. I have noticed that my breathing is becoming shallow. I used t take large amounts ( I was prescribed 400, 600, and 800 mg capulses all at once one time for bi-polar), but I haven't taken gabapentin in a few months. is this just cuz I took a large amount (23 400 mg capsules) or is it from the weed, or is it just in my head, cuz im pretty buzzed up rite now? :)