• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering From fetty to ms contin...

FunctionalJnkieGrl

Bluelighter
Monday was the last time I smoked any. I acquired some 30mg morphine when i got an opportunity and will hopefully get more tomorrow. I took it as a sign that it's time to taper off of this crap forever. So far so good. I still have cravings, depression, and mild restlessness--but in this case, morphine is a much-needed tool for quitting blues. Morphine was always my favorite opiate anyway, so why do i miss the dirty 30's at all? Oh well. I digress. My goal is to jump down from ms contin to a lower mg of oxycodone, and then to kratom.

Last edited:
oxycodone is actually more potent than morphine, especially orally. an overview of all of them by relative "potency of effect" would go something like this:
fetty>methadone(or bupe) > oxycodone > morphine > hydrocodone > kratom > codeine/dihydrocodeine

just so you dont get stuck on something heavier accidentally. Big ups on the recovery plan tho. and i commend you for jumpin down off the crazy powered fent analogues. that is not easy to do. 🌈

Monday was the last time I smoked any. I acquired some 30mg morphine when i got an opportunity and will hopefully get more tomorrow. I took it as a sign that it's time to taper off of this crap forever. So far so good. I still have cravings, depression, and mild restlessness--but in this case, morphine is a much-needed tool for quitting blues. Morphine was always my favorite opiate anyway, so why do i miss the dirty 30's at all? Oh well. I digress. My goal is to jump down from ms contin to a lower mg of oxycodone, and then to kratom.
Remember Kratom will destroy your tolerance and be careful, it is addictive also. I was on 30mg ms contin or morphine sulfate er 2x a day, for a long time( many years) and with clonidine and gabapentin it wasn't that hard to get off; of. Good luck, and I am glad you are trying to quit. I didn't want to see your name on the BL shrine.😃

oxycodone is actually more potent than morphine, especially orally. an overview of all of them by relative "potency of effect" would go something like this:
fetty>methadone(or bupe) > oxycodone > morphine > hydrocodone > kratom > codeine/dihydrocodeine

just so you dont get stuck on something heavier accidentally. Big ups on the recovery plan tho. and i commend you for jumpin down off the crazy powered fent analogues. that is not easy to do. 🌈
I know that oxy is stronger in general, but in this case I might be able to go from 30mg of ms contin (eventually cutting them down to half or a quarter of a pill a day) to 7.5mg oxycodone. I had the option to switch to OP 40's, but they're more than twice the price of the ms contin--and I've always preferred morphine anyway. It lasts much longer. One of the main reasons I'm quitting blues is because I'm tired of re-dosing 4 - 6 times a day when I could be dosing once and feeling alright all day. It's an adjustment moving back to something significantly weaker, but it'll ultimately be worth it. I'm already spending less money. Thank you for the encouragement. My fiance has is doubts since I relapsed once in the beginning of last year, but I want to prove to him that I can put an end to my opioid dependence. If for any reason I can't, I want to at least stay off of the blues indefinitely.

I know that oxy is stronger in general, but in this case I might be able to go from 30mg of ms contin (eventually cutting them down to half or a quarter of a pill a day) to 7.5mg oxycodone. I had the option to switch to OP 40's, but they're more than twice the price of the ms contin--and I've always preferred morphine anyway. It lasts much longer. One of the main reasons I'm quitting blues is because I'm tired of re-dosing 4 - 6 times a day when I could be dosing once and feeling alright all day. It's an adjustment moving back to something significantly weaker, but it'll ultimately be worth it. I'm already spending less money. Thank you for the encouragement. My fiance has is doubts since I relapsed once in the beginning of last year, but I want to prove to him that I can put an end to my opioid dependence. If for any reason I can't, I want to at least stay off of the blues indefinitely.
yeah, as long as you correect for dose, it's ofc fine. just wanted to make sure you knew to do that.

Good idea, about staying off the blues, and hopefully you will end your opiod dependency. The morphine is also less addictive than oxycodone, I was on both at the same time.