• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

From diazepam with love

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Alright im been very gradually tapered of 30mg of valium a day an the dr is goin to replace it with pregabalin once im completly off it. Cuz i suffer with longstanding social anxiety im wonderin it this a good replacment? I currently dont know what the starting dose will be. But ive had some in the past off friends i remember one was 75mg which i didnt feel much from an i exprimented with a dose of 300mg i felt good but clumsy bumpin into furniture like i was drunk but that was like a one off! Whats this stuff like for anxiety on a daily basis? Thank you for any input

I'm in a similar situation. Currently on 11mg's of Diazepam per day, started the taper at around 30 mg's per day in August 2016, cutting 1 mg every 2-4 weeks, augmented with 300 mg's of Pregabalin twice a day.

Pregabalin does help with my Anxiety. But you build a tolerance quite rapidly. Although a few days off, and the tolerance quite rapidly diminishes. It makes me feel that same, clumsy, drunk feeling also when I have little tolerance, or, if I dose 600 mg's in one go, as I have tonight.

To be honest, when you have little-no tolerance, nothing really beats Diazepam, or most Benzo's for Social anxiety.

I wish I could bring back them days...

My doc wont prescribe any pregab until im off of the diazepam! He says that they both act on the same gaba sites of the brain an there fore wont give me them together

My doc wont prescribe any pregab until im off of the diazepam! He says that they both act on the same gaba sites of the brain an there fore wont give me them together
I'm guessing you're in the UK? Your doctor is incorrect. Although they act on similar parts of the brain/receptor sites, it's not the exactly the same as Benzos do. Someone else with more knowledge will be able to explain.

Although maybe he won't give you them together, because Pregabalin potentiates Diazepam...