• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine freebase quick question

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
Couldn't find with a quick search, seriously.

Crack smoking: Stem came with the lighter and the chore - the best/right kinds.

My question - there's a light brown gunk, kinda like THC dab material. It's a darker color than THC oil, but it is definitely containing a lot of cocaine base in my stem after two rocks of smoking - it's bell ringer stuff.

Am I probably burning too hot? Could the color be from the chore? I've only ever used steel wool and a glass weed style one hitter (pre-burnt wool, as I did with the chore in the kit). I heat with the stem pointing open end up slightly to keep rock in tip and melt then begin pulling my hit, leveling the pipe and even tilt the stem open end down slightly after a bit to keep as much of that oil in the chore as possibe.

Also - do I ever hit the chore directly with flame? I get better smoke with hitting the lighter to the chore after the rock melts, better hits than heating the outside of the stem. Maybe I'm trying to smoke too much at once or too impatient - a typical ear ringer rock when it smokes well for me is what I load. A rock is good for one to two bellzingers - light ones but they're there - I used to IV the shit - a lot.

It's curiousity and a desire not to waste or smoke something degraded.

I know there is a huge thread on all of this and I've read it before but am looking for a quickie but solid answer to a simple question about my method with a stem - my first true stem. The brown oil - problem, normal, what to do if it's a bad thing. Thanks

edit: I have a weird habit of holding the smoke in my mouth about 10 seconds before pulling it into my lungs - don't do with other drugs. anyone else do this? I try to suck stright to the lungs, but forget for some weird reason.

I believe it is simply burnt resin and it probably tastes strange compared to be vapor. You might consider holding the flame to the outside of the stem for a minute while rotating before you even begin inhaling.