• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Four Corners wanting information for documentary

We're hoping to make a film about the dance/rave culture through the eyes of the
people who actually experience it.
one thing they want is interviews with older, more respectable looking ecstasy users. they want to show that a great many people, from very varied backgrounds and social groups, are using this drug.
are they doing a story on RAVES/RAVERS or on MDMA/DRUG USERS??? they are two sets! intersecting but not mutually inclusive. i thought she said it's about raves, so why would you have non-raver mdma users in a story bout raves? just wondering
smile.gif

samadhi: thanks for that, american beauty was a great film
smile.gif

=)
[This message has been edited by atomica (edited 06 April 2001).]

sounds interesting. How long is this thing suposed to be, cus if theyre planning to do it about the "rave" *cough* scene, that would include a wide variety of people that they would have to interview. For example, they'd hav to interview people who go there to dance, promotoers, dj's, producers, the "trendies" who only go there cus its "cool" etc..
It wont be easy for em to pull this off... (no pun intended)

Ok... I spoke to Jo today and well I'm impressed... She really sounds like she's doing this the right way, and really wants to make the right kind of film... One not at all sensationalist, and she's not gonna make a big deal about drug use...
She said she doesn't really want to talk to the kind of people she could easily get by heading out to any party... IE all the bright colourful outgoing 'ravers' ... that she doesn't want... From what she said it seems like she wants more of a variety, as JB said the older people, but also anyone who doesn't really fit into the media stereotypes... She also wants to avoid the all ages parties, which is prolly a good idea...
Atomica, if you're interested give her a call, or send an email... While I think it is going to be focused on the 'scene', I doubt she'd have any problem with those who do go out to parties, but who also use ecstacy in other environments... However I don't think she wants to do this film about the drugs but rather the whole scene in general... I guess the best way to find out is to ask
smile.gif

Komplex: She is speaking to promoters etc, she's going to be filming at a party up in Sydney, and she also might be filming a little of me out on the town
wink.gif
(and when I mentioned I made some music myself she asked if it was possible to film me at work... looks like I might get my Jupiter 8 on film
biggrin.gif
)
Gonna speak to the film's producer soon...
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 06 April 2001).]

As Maxi and Blue Kitten said in this thread they've done some filming with us already (the melbourne shuffle could be on national tv
smile.gif
) and it really does seem like it will be a good report...
If only some people were more willing to give them a go tho, tho paranoia about the media can be really hard to shake, especially 'cos theres good reason for that paranoia...
In anycase, after running around the country with the ABC crew I can't wait to see how we all look on camera... hmm, now I'm getting scared
wink.gif

For what it's worth, I (and some friends) were willing to give them a go. They didnt even bother to reply the email.

well all i had to do was read the first post to say dont bother they may sound all good and proper but will twist your words into condecending crap thta will give them a reason to pay out on us!!!!!